Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

(*sigh*)

One.

Last.

Attempt...

This is the brenschluss. Obvious to everyone, even those that cannot conceive the dollar going (*poof*). It WILL happen inevitably, nem. con. We are in that pregnant time when inexorable events are known to be coming; this is a time for crucial action that will NEVER return:

The time to trade overvalued paper for gold.

Let me try this: At 11:40 on April 10, 1912, the Titanic hit an iceberg. The passengers on board were not particularly bothered at all. At first, there was nothing really to note. (Ding! shift to today! Data start point!)

Some young men who were up, and played soccer with the ice chunks on deck. Some men, however, knew within ten minutes that the ship was irrevocably doomed.

The engineers kept the lights on as they shorted out. (Current time: Bank in Pacific Rim is selling gold under spot in a futile attempt to keep the dollar working a while longer even in the face of unavoidable coming total failure as the entire ship was clearly beyond help and was sinking.)

There were not nearly enough lifeboats at all for the passengers. Many were doomed even as they walked around and calmly talked to each other on the giant boat. <-- There is NOT enough gold for all the passengers on the ship. Only some will have gold = a seat on lifeboat.

So yer Unca will tell you one last time: The Dollar Titanic IS going down. NOTHING, especially wishing, is going to change that. Denial of reality will not change that.

Now the only thing you should be doing is getting your seat on the lifeboat. It will not be as comfortable as your First Class stateroom was, but your First Class stateroom will be under a mile of water after a while as th e sinking rate picks up to the esimated 90MPH when it hit bottom.

Get your butt off the chair and get your hands on the PM's NOW. The last guys on the stern of the Titanic did not have life rafts because they dicked around for more than TWO HOURS before their feet were wet for eternity...

Your two hours are clicking down. How long those "two hours" will be is unknown. Just that it is clicking down to zerio.
Shee-itt, Cap'n. I've been wearing my cork life-vest and standing by the lifeboat since long ago, when you told me we MIGHT just hit.

I've done all I can. Warm clothes (out of paper investments) packet of wrapped food (PMs) and ready to help whoever comes to join me and send this thing down the track, over the side.

Problem is, no battle plan lasts longer than the first five minutes. Elsewhere, this morning, someone linked an article of a guy my age (late 60s) in Montana...he bought in, here, about the same time I first came out here. I was working for a contracting company out of Connecticut that had field crews working from Whitefish to Spokane.

This guy bought and stayed. I wandered the planet.

He bought a nice modest home. What was cheap then is several million dollars assessed value now, and his taxes are five-figures, up from about $5000 a few years ago.

I'm in an apartment, and I'm seeing a pattern. As less picturesque places get overrun with third-world invaders, where toddlers get stabbed in grocery carts while mom grabs a can of beans...here it's safe.

But here we're getting priced out.

I know, I know, we've talked about alternate choices. But my point is, I could have all these preps, and then be forced into $2000-a-month rent (many people are paying that NOW...RIGHT HERE...) while trying to find a way to live out of my pickup while still getting my mail and not disqualifying myself for my retirement (I have to have an address to get it, no lie, Railroad Retirement regs).

So it all goes to excrement. Just like that night on that riveted leaky British tub. Some guys planned and then didn't make it. Some stayed at their posts, like the one Marconi operator, and got saved by pure fate. Others didn't plan, panicked, and got a seat somehow. Too many rich men made it, and not enough steerage women and children.

You just never know. FWIW, I agree completely with your assessment of the current situation.

There's this news..

SA has joined the Mbridge project. It's a blockchain based payment system that does not use the dollar.

Lena seems to think that SA will play the middle ground between China and the US. In that they want to play both sides against the other in order to get the best deal for themselves.

Back in April of this year, Saudi Arabia and Iran started playing nice together at China's behest (as a pre-condition to being invited to the BRICS table). I wonder how the Iran/Hamas attack on Israel while Israel was negotiating an accord with Saudi Arabia is going to affect Saudi-Iran relations (and prospects for each to become BRICS members).

June 11 (Xinhua) -- Iran's Caretaker Foreign Minister Ali Bagheri Kani and Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud on Tuesday reaffirmed their countries' commitment to improving bilateral relations and cooperation.

In a meeting on the sidelines of the BRICS Foreign Ministers' Meeting in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, the two sides also highlighted the necessity to ensure sustainable stability and security in the region, according to a statement released by the Iranian Foreign Ministry.

Bagheri Kani said bilateral ties were reflecting a progressing trend, expressing confidence that Iran and Saudi Arabia were determined to strengthen all-out relations with each other.

He stressed that the two countries' determination to develop bilateral ties had impacted all areas of their relations.

There's this news..

SA has joined the Mbridge project. It's a blockchain based payment system that does not use the dollar.

https://www.pmbug.com/threads/tin-f...d-the-total-perspective-vortex.75/post-103461

Lena seems to think that SA will play the middle ground between China and the US. In that they want to play both sides against the other in order to get the best deal for themselves.

For the record, I don't think Saudi Arabia will do anything sudden or drastic. They are happy playing the USA and China against each other to extract maximum leverage from both.

I've been saying that (both here and on X) for almost a week now.

Jewish media commentary on the pending USA-KSA treaty the Biden admin is trying to broker:
It’s a mystery. The White House knows that Israel is on board when it comes to offering military support, one way or another, to the Saudis against an Iranian threat. The White House also knows that for the Saudis, the Palestinian State thing is nothing more than decoration, and for Netanyahu’s right-wing majority government, it is a do-or-die issue, or rather, don’t-do-or-die. So why would the Americans try to force a Palestinian State on the Israelis and the Saudis when both parties would rather be left alone and run their cooperation in the shadows?

It doesn't appear likely that the deal is going to happen.

This is the oil for dollars deal?

IMO, yes, but that's not explicit. It's actually a defense/security deal where the USA pledges to defend KSA with our military. I assume there is an unofficial quid pro quo element to it.

Quid pro quo.

The specifics don't even matter. And I think the Saudis know it, this "Green Energy" scheisse, will come to nothing.

They're buying in and kick-starting BRICS. This shows the depth to which they're fed up with the Untied Skates. For reasons valid, fair, and emotional and based on religious-cultural dogma and 5000-year hatreds...they're going forward without the US.

This is what the current Political Elites have done to our formerly-functional system and order.

I was searching for something today and ran across a couple of old posts related to Saudi Arabia and the petrodollar. They are a trip down memory lane and provide some perspective on this "June 9 petrodollar end" claim. There never was any specific language binding KSA to trading oil for dollars. That's always been a quid pro quo understanding that they could abandon at their peril and something that they have been threatening for over a decade now.

October 2013 - KSA threatens major shift in US relationship:
"The shift away from the U.S. is a major one," the source close to Saudi policy said. "Saudi doesn't want to find itself any longer in a situation where it is dependent."

October 2016 - KSA threatens to dump US treasuries (and implicit is that they reduce trade of oil for dollars)

October 2018 - KSA murders Jamal Khashoggi and MbS escapes punishment (petrodollar must flow)

Now that I took the time to compose this post, I'm starting to wonder if I can build a bunker between now and October. As a reminder, the BRICS meeting is scheduled for this October...

IMO, yes, but that's not explicit. It's actually a defense/security deal where the USA pledges to defend KSA with our military. I assume there is an unofficial quid pro quo element to it.
The original agreement in '74 also made no mention of oil.

Back
Top Bottom