Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democratic Party, denounces it as 'elitist cabal'

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score

Tulsi Gabbard leaves Democratic Party, denounces it as 'elitist cabal'​

Tulsi Gabbard argues the Democrats have given into 'cowardly wokeness' and 'anti-white racism'​

By Anders Hagstrom | Fox News

Former Democratic presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard announced she left the Democratic Party on Tuesday, denouncing the organization as an "elitist cabal."

Gabbard, who retired from the House of Representatives in 2021, attacked the institution in a nearly 30-minute video posted to her YouTube account. She did not announce plans to join the Republican Party or adopt any other political affiliation, however.

"I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism," Gabbard said in an excerpt posted to Twitter.

She went on to call on other moderate Democrats to follow in her footsteps.

She burned bridges within the party over the last few years and especially when she ran for POTUS. It's not surprising to me that she's leaving the party. She is basically a pariah there.

That is the most-genuine act of integrity that she could have done.

Cutting ties with the party, essentially cuts her off from any road to power, at least for a time. It's an act which, for a politician, has zero payback and a heavy cost.

I have no doubt it's genuine; but still I don't trust the woman. She's a "Moderate" in a time when the Overton Window has so shifted, it's outside the wall.

Yeah I agree the woman seems to mostly say the right things aside from a point or three but there is something I don't trust.

Either she thinks the Repube-icans are ready for a Pro-Abort, Anti-Gun wing, or else she's getting out of politics.

And frankly, she's a poor judge of political dynamics. There can BE no public-disarming, without tyranny to enforce it. No wholesale baby-slaughtering, without a tyrannical government which puts the dystopians in powerful positions that rational people cannot challenge.

I applaud her for leaving the Democratic Party but I question why it took her this long.
I don't trust her; she would have to earn that.
It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

She evidently has started a YouTube show with episode one being uploaded today. Interesting words but ...

001: Why I'm leaving the Democratic Party (28 min 33 sec):​

Published on Oct 11, 2022 by The Tulsi Gabbard Show​
I believe in a government that is of the people, by the people, and for the people. Unfortunately, today’s Democratic Party does not. Instead, it stands for a government of, by, and for the powerful elite. If you can no longer stomach the direction that so-called woke Democratic Party ideologues are taking our country, I invite you to join me.​

She'd make a great RINO
I'm starting to wonder if that's the bigger wing in the party, now.

The Overton Window, as I mentioned. We've been jerked so far Left, John Kennedy would have been an extremist, today...in the GOP.

The only problem for all these RINOs is, we're at a crunch point; and mush-moderation, Keynesian economics, and soft tyranny do nothing to straighten out our economic issues or motivate producers to work.

I applaud her for leaving the Democratic Party but I question why it took her this long.

She evidently has started a YouTube show with episode one being uploaded today. Interesting words but ...

I believe in a government that is of the people, by the people, and for the people. Unfortunately, today’s Democratic Party does not. Instead, it stands for a government of, by, and for the powerful elite. If you can no longer stomach the direction that so-called woke Democratic Party ideologues are taking our country, I invite you to join me.​

Is she looking to start a political Cult of Personality?

Count me out. When one draws the attention to himself, not the issues...it's a red flag.

Is she looking to start a political Cult of Personality?

Count me out. When one draws the attention to himself, not the issues...it's a red flag.
She's enumerating the issues in the 28 minute video.

she supports abortion and she is anti 2nd amendment and a graduate of the Soros School of Commies
I have no idea who is real or genuine anymore. I do believe one thing though. The cosmic forces running this shitshow are giving people plenty of time to pick a side. She is allowed to change her mind. Lets pray millions more follow.

conservatives have been handed the Tea Party, the Election Fraud, Jan 6 Committee

and now we get her...

within 10 minutes, some here will vote for her simply because she has boobs...and if not, it's only because the rest of us here have pushed the force so hard, they'll actually NOT DO IT

a flip flopping politician, imho, should NEVER BE TRUSTED

think about it...they made such a bad decision, once upon a time, it's NOW time to change to the other side????? especially when it appears the other side might be winning...

nope, you weren't here for any of the other heavy lifting...fo guck yourself woman

not at this point in the game...accepted but never accepted at any upper level, ever

she becomes just like all the rest of us voting fools...nothing more

if you don't understand what i'm getting at: ask yourselves:
Why are Conservatives the ONLY side that caves in???????

weak decision skills kids, please check yourselves

it's but another Turn The Cheek thing we're being handed...i've got no other side to turn to

For those who prefer to read instead of watching a video, she put the thoughts in a post on her substack:

Why I'm leaving the Democratic Party

Main points covered:
  • The pro-war Democratic Party has led us to the brink of nuclear war
  • Today’s Democratic Party rejects the rule of law
  • Today’s Democratic Party does not believe in our constitutionally protected right to free speech
  • Today’s Democratic Party does not believe in our constitutionally protected right to freedom of religion
  • Today’s Democratic Party does not believe in our constitutionally protected right to bear arms
  • Today’s Democratic Party is ‘Big Brother’ undermining our civil liberties
  • Today’s Democratic Party racializes everything and blatantly foments anti-white racism
  • Today’s Democratic Party is anti-woman
  • Today’s Democratic Party is undermining families
So today, I’m calling on my fellow common sense independent minded Democrats to join me in leaving the Democratic Party. If you can no longer stomach the direction that so-called woke Democratic Party ideologues are taking our country, I invite you to join me.​

So today, I’m calling on my fellow common sense independent minded Democrats to join me in leaving the Democratic Party. If you can no longer stomach the direction that so-called woke Democratic Party ideologues are taking our country, I invite you to join me..
sounds Great

until you realize: They're Traitors

they screw us all over, then change sides: We Didn't Do It

i can't help but suggest: it's gonna be no different, At All, then any other time we've accepted the lies, the change of minds...the emptying of our wallets and honor and . . .

if she came over to 'our side' and became an activist, rather than remain as a politician, give it all up to prove they're truely concerned, i'd have checked my fingers at my keyboard

but she won't give any of it up...watch and see

She has been accused (by folks in her own party) of being a Russian asset back during her campaign for the D nomination for POTUS. That probably is a check in the plus column for some of you judging by how much Russian/Putin knob slobbering I've seen. I had no idea that so many folks who understand the importance of sound money were enamored with a communist totalitarian dictator.

Anyway, an acquaintance who works in DC told me this 4 years ago (just before she kicked off her POTUS nomination campaign):
She's generally considered a political opportunist of the first order. I think most people inside the beltway think she'd switch parties in a heartbeat if it allowed her to advance office.
He later clarified:
It's not her positions per se, it's that she changes them constantly to fit whatever the political dynamic of the moment is. I give zero shits about Bernie/Hilary thing. She was seen as a rising star in the traditional Democratic party. Young, Attractive, Military background, Big Fundraiser. She didn't become Vice Chair of the DNC by being an outsider. Then she became a Bernie Girl after a split with the DNC. I don't really know the background, but my guess is she got crosswise with Clinton/Debbie Wasserman Schultz and got cast out. Then she played footsie with Trump during his first year. Now she's taking a try at the Ben Sasse "Both Sides Do It" bit.

She has no principles. Look at her house career. Other than a couple of minor vet related issues, she hasn't done anything. There's no signature issue that she's promoted.
Then there's this...

she supports abortion and she is anti 2nd amendment and a graduate of the Soros School of Commies
But people grow up (mature) at all physical ages of adulthood. There is hope for all of us, thank God. Maybe her eyes will be opened more soon?
Babies should not be given much responsibility though👍

That is the most-genuine act of integrity that she could have done.

Cutting ties with the party, essentially cuts her off from any road to power, at least for a time. It's an act which, for a politician, has zero payback and a heavy cost.

I have no doubt it's genuine; but still I don't trust the woman. She's a "Moderate" in a time when the Overton Window has so shifted, it's outside the wall.
There It Is.

The Dem party has rapidly morphed into something that can only be described as morbid.

That Gabbard is leaving for the reasons she stated is undeniably a good step, but she has about forty more steps to go before she becomes an American.

I consider myself a JFK Democrat.
So do I. Heck, JFK was my CINC for a while. Not to put too fine a point onnit, so was Ike <-- TINS.

I registered as a Republican so I could vote against Nixon in the Rep primary. But I voted for JFK. They shot him on my birthday, BTW... bitchin'...

GAWD, I am old.

The basic problem with JFK Democrats? There are none anymore. They offed him and put in the Mississippi riverboat gambler. That was the death knell of the Democrat party AFAIAC.

Last edited:
within 10 minutes, some here will vote for her simply because she has boobs.
So, you sayin' that we should wait 11 minutes instead?
......or just until we find out exactly how big they are? lol

She has been accused (by folks in her own party) of being a Russian asset back during her campaign for the D nomination for POTUS. That probably is a check in the plus column for some of you
It is for me, at least in the sense that I saw her as the best of anyone else D's had.
Still don't support her, though when I talk to people irl who are on the other side, I always point out that she's the most sane one in their fruit basket of politicians. Tends to make 'em walk away in a huff. Now I gotta come up with something else to make 'em do it. lol

udging by how much Russian/Putin knob slobbering I've seen. I had no idea that so many folks who understand the importance of sound money were enamored with a communist totalitarian dictator.
I think what a lot of that comes down to, is that the DC politicians that are seen as the bulk of the problem, all strongly support Ukraine against Russia.
....and it's hard to support the same thing that all the people you despise, are in strong support of.

Yeah.

We're gonna have to disagree here.

Our pResident comes off like the Austrian corporal after the Reichstag fire; and promises to remove the head of another charter member of the UN...and the object of the dementia patient's hatred, turns the other cheek and reminds the patient's puppetmasters that such talk is ill-advised.

Who is being the grownup here? I'm sorry to say it; but our government has been TAKEN OVER. The term the CIA used to use is, "Color Revolution" - a takeover under color of law - and it's happened here, by our own Deep State and foreign players.

That liberates me, and others of like mindset, from any patriotic "duty" to support this demented pedophile simpleton who's in office only as a PAWN. While the warmongers, like Fat Victoria, who never saw a war not worth sacrificing their lessers' children in...while they gigglingly send us straight into a nuclear Armegeddon.

I'm sorry there, PMB. I'll stand for disagreement, but not a challenge to my patriotism. I'm a decorated Navy veteran. I have supported America and American aims, and will continue to do so...if we ever get America back from the hostiles who have taken it over.

Meantime, the rational discussion is not coming out of Washington. Knob-slobbering? Words fail me.

If Tulsi is really genuine she should join a group like Project Veritas or Judicial Watch and air out all the dirty laundry she knows of. She should also own up to all the votes she agreed to get along to get along. Sort of a David Horowitz where he owned up to his liberal youth past and how wrong he was.

If Tulsi is really genuine she should join a group like Project Veritas or Judicial Watch and air out all the dirty laundry she knows of. She should also own up to all the votes she agreed to get along to get along. Sort of a David Horowitz where he owned up to his liberal youth past and how wrong he was.
Half the dirty laundry, it seems, she's in favor of.

Infanticide.

Disarming the subjects.

Those are both non-negotiable items. And they point to moral repugnancy; and I seldom look for moral leadership from morally-bankrupt leaders.

Half the dirty laundry, it seems, she's in favor of.

Infanticide.

Disarming the subjects.

Those are both non-negotiable items. And they point to moral repugnancy; and I seldom look for moral leadership from morally-bankrupt leaders.
I totally agree but then again I teach NRA Women on Target classes with a self professed former NYC liberal.

Maybe Tulsi has had a come to Jesus moment then again she also could be a very clever fraud too.

we're in a world where Show Me is the litmus test

i'll be waiting but she should never represent any of us ever again...that's her punishment for being wrong for so long

it's not like asking her to sacrifice one of her children...says the husband and wife who loaned out their two daughters to the Obamas for 8 years

Show Us, Don't Tell Us and if that's asking too much, there's the answer all along

Regarding Russia;
Putin requested of Billy Chimo Klinton to join NATO after the USSR failed. Klinton said no.
Putin allowed U.S. millitary to lilly pad out of Russia at the outset of the Afghanistan farce.
Putin is a scapegoat for the Military Industrial Complex to profit from.
  1. https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html Smedley went from private to general and is a two time Congressional Medal of Honor winner. The book above is a worthy and quick read.
  2. Eisenhower warned us of where we were headed. He was not just a President, He was in charge of the Atlantic Theater during WW2

Russia uses the same propaganda our unconstitutional politicians use. I'm not knob slobbering but, I'm pretty aware of how evil both sides are
The Ukraine joining NATO is sponsored by blackmail against our politicians who launder money out of the most corrupt state in Europe and, is tantamount to Russia putting nukes in Mexico.
I could go on but, I HIGHLY recommend anyone who hasn't watched The Putin Interviews by Roger Stone do so.

EWE
... for some of you judging by how much Russian/Putin knob slobbering I've seen. I had no idea that so many folks who understand the importance of sound money were enamored with a communist totalitarian dictator.
@bern == @pmbug
I am anti-CANADA in regards its Involvement Against The Russian Federation !
I am anti-NATO in regards its Involvement Against The Russian Federation !
I am anti-USA in regards its Involvement Against The Russian Federation !
I am anti-UK in regards its Involvement Against The Russian Federation !
I am anti-FRANCE in regards its Involvement Against The Russian Federation !
etc.

I " sort of " enjoyed that photo ( of several years ago ) of Putin holding a big bar of gold ( was that a 400 T.Oz. BAR ?rhet. )

To me it seems, that the bankrupt Western ( so called ) World requires, as
Condoleezza Rice stated " We need a common enemy to unite us. " and requires war
to hide the bankruptcy from " the common people of ALL those countries ".

What it boils down to is whether or not Putin is a Schwabian Puppet / Agent !

If Putin is in fact an agent of Schwab,
Then All is Lost

IMO

I could go on but, I HIGHLY recommend anyone who hasn't watched The Putin Interviews by Oliver Stone do so.

If anyone is interested...

Oliver Stone's "The Putin Interviews" - Part 1 Of 4
Oliver Stone's "The Putin Interviews" - Part 2 Of 4
Oliver Stone's "The Putin Interviews" - Part 3 Of 4
Oliver Stone's "The Putin Interviews" - Part 4 Of 4

Back
Top Bottom