Um......What just happened??

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Is anyone else watching the silver ticker this morning? It looks like mount freaking vesuvius. Jack it way up, slam it back down.

Moar QE4EVA?:rotflmbo:

Dollar index is also acting violently. I'm guessing it's related.

Watch the 10 year treasury interest rate. It's creeping up again today. That's going to be the trigger.

chill guys..

It's a volatile market and it's going to take time and lots of ups and downs fits and starts. 80% of the move in bull markets are in the last 20% of the duration. We don't even have public participation yet. Unless it's part of your job to watch this stuff, don't.

chill guys..

It's a volatile market and it's going to take time and lots of ups and downs fits and starts. 80% of the move in bull markets are in the last 20% of the duration. We don't even have public participation yet. Unless it's part of your job to watch this stuff, don't.

Good advice. However, the 10 year just went over 2%, gold is still below $1400, the stock market is headed to the Moon, and Bernanke just took a card instead of raising the pot. I am not sure why the public is not participating but I think it's because most of them are still spooked. I know I am.

Thankfully it is not part of my job to watch, but it's hard not to. Here come the summer blockbusters. :popcorn:

Yeah Ancona...Bernansky was talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Hence the pump then dump!

It's a head spinning summer for sure!

-Q

Good advice. However, the 10 year just went over 2%, gold is still below $1400, the stock market is headed to the Moon, and Bernanke just took a card instead of raising the pot. I am not sure why the public is not participating but I think it's because most of them are still spooked. I know I am.

Thankfully it is not part of my job to watch, but it's hard not to. Here come the summer blockbusters. :popcorn:

Why does 1400 matter? I mean seriously.. You planning on selling some soon? Think the bull is over? Don't even watch the price if this is upsetting to you. At the very least, watch it less. The fundamentals aren't going to change on a 5 minute bar.

Rates started going up even with the fed buying and mutual funds having record inflows. If in order for bond prices to go down, you need more sellers than buyers, then who is selling? Someone bigger than the Fed and the mutual fund inflows. That's a pretty small list.

Ah and the good old stock market. Well.. It's not going to the moon anymore. Now only did the stock market close down 1% yesterday, it looks to open down 2% today (with gold up) after the nikkei dropped 7% over night.

The Nikkei does a Fukushima, Bernanke does a pirouette, the Dow get's schizoid, and the 10 year is fully fueled and ready for liftoff on Pad 39A. Hard not to stay glued to the set.

It's just a matter of how long is this countdown going last before we get ignition and "liftoff"
:flail:

The Nikkei does a Fukushima, Bernanke does a pirouette, the Dow get's schizoid, and the 10 year is fully fueled and ready for liftoff on Pad 39A. Hard not to stay glued to the set.

It's just a matter of how long is this countdown going last before we get ignition and "liftoff"
:flail:

Might be a while so don't get your hopes up. It takes time for things to play out.

Might be a while so don't get your hopes up. It takes time for things to play out.

I don't really have my hopes up about increasing 10 year rates. More like waiting for another shoe to drop. I worry there is now a real possibility of both the stock and bond markets falling in tandem. This would not be good for a typical balanced portfolio. If it happens it will blow a pretty big hole into the net worth of a bunch of people and an awful lot of retirement funds would be in trouble. Couple that with increasing mortgage interest rates and I think we've got a problem. People are getting used to 3% mortgages and they've forgotten about 6% and higher which is more normal. Housing could tank again. Consumers would pull back. I think we're heading back to 2008. But I hope I am wrong.

Is anyone else watching the silver ticker this morning? It looks like mount freaking vesuvius. Jack it way up, slam it back down.

Moar QE4EVA?:rotflmbo:

The dollar weakened, probably it was because of what Bernanke said. I read he seemed to favor more QE, but he was quite careful about it...

So silver and gold went up, a bit in parallel for a while... then they came down.

I wonder what'll happen next week.

Back
Top Bottom