“We are Preparing for Massive Civil War,” Says DHS Informant

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vox

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
http://www.beaconequity.com/we-are-preparing-for-massive-civil-war-says-dhs-informant-2012-05-03/

Legit?

Discuss, please...

Full text follows:

“We are Preparing for Massive Civil War,” Says DHS Informant
Posted by Dominique de Kevelioc de Bailleul on May 03, 2012

In a riveting interview on TruNews Radio, Wednesday, private investigator Doug Hagmann said high-level, reliable sources told him the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is preparing for “massive civil war” in America.

“Folks, we’re getting ready for one massive economic collapse,” Hagmann told TruNews host Rick Wiles.

“We have problems . . . The federal government is preparing for civil uprising,” he added, “so every time you hear about troop movements, every time you hear about movements of military equipment, the militarization of the police, the buying of the ammunition, all of this is . . . they (DHS) are preparing for a massive uprising.”

Hagmann goes on to say that his sources tell him the concerns of the DHS stem from a collapse of the U.S. dollar and the hyperinflation a collapse in the value of the world’s primary reserve currency implies to a nation of 311 million Americans, who, for the significant portion of the population, is armed.

Uprisings in Greece is, indeed, a problem, but an uprising of armed Americans becomes a matter of serious national security, a point addressed in a recent report by the Pentagon and highlighted as a vulnerability and threat to the U.S. during war-game exercises at the Department of Defense last year, according to one of the DoD’s war-game participants, Jim Rickards, author of Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis.

Through his sources, Hagmann confirmed Rickards’ ongoing thesis of a fear of a U.S. dollar collapse at the hands of the Chinese (U.S. treasury bond holders of approximately $1 trillion) and, possibly, the Russians (threatening to launch a gold-backed ruble as an attractive alternative to the U.S. dollar) in retaliation for aggressive U.S. foreign policy initiatives against China’s and Russia’s strategic allies Iran and Syria.

“The one source that we have I’ve known since 1979,” Hagmann continued. “He started out as a patrol officer and currently he is now working for a federal agency under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security; he’s in a position to know what policies are being initiated, what policies are being planned at this point, and he’s telling us right now—look, what you’re seeing is just the tip of the iceberg. We are preparing, we, meaning the government, we are preparing for a massive civil war in this country.”

“There’s no hyperbole here,” he added, echoing Trends Research Institute’s Founder Gerald Celente’s forecast of last year. Celente expects a collapse of the U.S. dollar and riots in America some time this year.

Since Celente’s ‘Civil War’ prediction of last year, executive orders NDAA and National Defense Resources Preparedness were signed into law by President Obama, which are both politically damaging actions taken by a sitting president.

And most recently, requests made by the DHS for the procurement of 450 million rounds of hollow-point ammunition only fuels speculation of an upcoming tragic event expected on American soil.

These major events, as shocking to the American people as they are, have taken place during an election year.

Escalating preparatory activities by the executive branch and DHS throughout the last decade—from the Patriot Act, to countless executive orders drafted to suspend (or strip) American civil liberties “are just the beginning” of the nightmare to come, Hagmann said.

He added, “It’s going to get so much worse toward the election, and I’m not even sure we’re going to have an election in this country. It’s going to be that bad, and this, as well, is coming from my sources. But one source in particular said, ‘look, you don’t understand how bad it is.’ This stuff is real; these people, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), they are ready to fight the American people.”

TruNews‘ Wiles asked Hagmann: who does the DHS expect to fight, in particular? Another North versus South, the Yankees against the Confederates? Hagmann stated the situation is far worse than a struggle between any two factions within the U.S.; it’s an anticipated nationwide emergency event centered on the nation’s currency.

“What they [DHS] are expecting, and again, this is according to my sources, what they’re expecting is the un-sustainability of the American dollar,” Hagmann said. “And we know for a fact that we can no longer service our debt. There’s going to be a period of hyperinflation . . . the dollar will be worthless . . . The economic collapse will be so severe, people won’t be ready for this.”

Read it, quite honestly not sure what to discuss about it. They have had Jim Rickards, author of Currency Wars, and Jim Willie of the Golden Jackass, as guests in the past apparently.

This example below seems like the only 'crazy' recent guest/post/subject matter.

Friday April 27, 2012

Guest: Cliff Harris

Topic: Climatologist Cliff Harris discusses topics ranging from weather modification, chemtrails, earthquake detonators, geoengineering, and recent extreme weather patterns on todays program.

Definitely NOT trying to blow holes in the story, Vox, but I am trying to make sense of the reliability of the source of this story, article and author.

It's the elephant in the DHS room. Most everyone who has been paying attention to the news and can add 2 + 2 can see the screws tightening. I bleat on in other circles about certain political issues - especially ones that I see as dangerous infringements on civil liberties because of my family's experience surviving Peron's Dirty War in Argentina. Most Americans are still either oblivious or in denial (it can't happen here).

It would explain all the ammo they're buying. But the people will not have a civil war without "help" from the government, who is constantly trying to divide us and pit us against each other.

Ummmm......guns, beans, bullets, band-aids............maybe a little single malt to take off the edge....

It's the elephant in the DHS room. Most everyone who has been paying attention to the news and can add 2 + 2 can see the screws tightening. I bleat on in other circles about certain political issues - especially ones that I see as dangerous infringements on civil liberties because of my family's experience surviving Peron's Dirty War in Argentina. Most Americans are still either oblivious or in denial (it can't happen here).
Or they think it won't happen to them specifically, because they're good law-abiding American citizens, not some drug dealers or something.

Might as well get a jump on the crowd and have my SSN tatooed on my forearm.:doodoo:

well it all seems quite obvious, you do not issue executive orders like the one el presidento Obama did (one: keep in custody, or execute citizens on a mere ACCUSATION of being a POTENTIAL terrorist threat, second: to seize privately ownd guns, ammo, water, food, drugs, fuel, farm supplies, fertilizers, farm machinery (...) - on a whim of govt agencies), if you do not think they might come in handy some time in the future.

So I'd say yes, it seems quite obvious and just follows logically, that they did some simple arithmetic that high school students can do, and more importantly, the potential (inevitable?) global outcome, of collapsing dollar. And they do their best to prepare. Constitution and other stuff aside, there's no time for that in emergency, apparently.

Which only worries me more, as it seems the end game is approaching quickly.

Not civil war, puleese - where's the lethal hate between two well defined groups? Oh, it's between all of "we the people" and the government. That's not civil war, that's revolt!

I don't think we will have civil war per se, but there will likely be lots of internicine battles between various racial groups and certainly the well off will become targets. My wife constantly breaks my balls because I simply will not beautify opur yard. I let the grass get too long before cutting and no longer do the weed-n-feed thing. My yard looks like absolute hell and that is the way I want it. The last thing we need is to be identified as someone who either has something or someone who may actually give a shit. I want to be invisible.

When governments are preparing for problems, it doesn't mean they are preparing for a specific problem.

Maybe it's a terror attack, natural disaster or economic collapse. We have no way of knowing. The NDAA and National Defense Resources Preparedness acts suggest they are preparing for potential conflict with US citizens. When it comes to that, I would recommend not being in the USA for a few years

Well, you don't create this sort of NDAA police state for any of those, Derek. You don't arm a bunch of non military police with millions of rounds for a terror attack that historically would only take a few. You don't pass laws that say they can take anything they want on a whim for much else either - maybe a natural disaster, but they've not really shown much worry about being ready for those (see all history, FEMA sucks and never gets any attention to better prep).

We can't know of course. But the fact that we've also recently had huge increases in the amount of communications interception for domestic communication is suggestive itself - they know at least some of what we're thinking about them. And they'd have to notice that outside the usual tinfoil hat crowd, that those of us who are upset aren't the ranting losers of society, but the movers and shakers, the opinion makers.
The ones hard to just "disappear", or coerce, without raising even more fuss.

If that sort of thing happens, I think it'll be bad here and everywhere, but they'll have their hands really full of the active anti-government types, so just keeping a low profile might be enough. You might play both sides, in terms of letting the gov think you support them, while not actually doing so - passive obstructive or as an active double agent. One thing is certain - individual resourcefulness will be key; you'd need that to bug out with success as well - it's just key no matter what.

When governments are preparing for problems, it doesn't mean they are preparing for a specific problem.

Maybe it's a terror attack, natural disaster or economic collapse. We have no way of knowing. The NDAA and National Defense Resources Preparedness acts suggest they are preparing for potential conflict with US citizens. When it comes to that, I would recommend not being in the USA for a few years

...but then, you have the law of unintended consequences - they might have even the purest ideas in mind (but I won't bet my money on it), but even so, the framework for 100% totalitarian country has been laid, and is in place - all that is needed, is some serious social troubles, and some strong, maybe even somehow extremist leader emerging from it - "fuhrer", as known in some other language - and he will put them executive orders to a good use in no time, detaining (at best)/killing(most probably, in due course) any potential opposition. And with time, as many examples shows - dictators turn to be more and more paranoid, and tighten the screws even tighter. And it usually takes decades, and international help & tail-winds for the opposition, to ever overthrow them. But who will be helping to overthrow American dictatorship, if it ever takes hold???

People usually do not realize, how thin line there is between a democracy, and dictatorship/totalitarianism, they do not understand the absolute power that totalitarian state can execute over any citizen/individual, until it its much too late for any individual actions.

...and what would you do, if things REALLY turn that bad, that you realize you need to stand up and fight for the freedom of your country, if you woke up one day, after months of food riots, mayhem on the streets and in the economy, with all the news tubes barking that "the new leadership have emerged, who will grasp the throats of greedy bankers and other capitalist swines, to provide food for you and your children, and to do so, they will execute all the powers granted by these totalitarian executive orders, as a matter of a higher national necessity"?

would you get out on the streets, to demonstrate, to oppose the suppression? All of the society at once? Somehow, cannot see that national coordinated union. So, if it is not the whole society at once - fine, they will just deploy army on you, scatter the mob, capture the leaders. That will teach the mob, and all leaders/activists will be detained, as "threats to national security". Meantime, all the official tubes will be barking, that the glorious government and their heroic US soldiers, have managed to suppress the gangs of rioters, looters, and "enemies of the people", and they will all be detained according to these special executive orders.

So then, would you conspire, to overthrow the govt? Fine, you are on their target list from that day on, as a "potential threat to..." you know the drill.

There is not so much that individual might do, when faced with the power of the totalitarian state, much less so in the era of digital BigBrother, where almost ALL of your potential activity is being traced. There were individuals opposing Hitler in Nazi's Germany, there were individuals opposing Staling in Russia, there were individuals and organised resistance in Poland after WW2. God only knows where their remains are laid to rest, and everybody in these countries is very well aware of sadism, tortures, murders, mass-murders and all other atrocies you can think of, performed on the the members of the opposition, true patriots, true intellectual ellite. Ooops, I shall say: "enemies of the people", like they were called back then, "reactionists", "serving hidden imperialistic agendas, to destroy the brave new system of social justice, Communism". "Reactionists" of yesterday, or tomorrow's "terrorists" - they will be the same kind of people. The ones merely inconvenient for government, and potential opposition leaders. Once they remove freedoms, they are free to name them as they wish, and do whatever they wish with any kind of opposition.

I have no illusion - if it wasn't for USSR empire already collapsing on it's own, and Gorbachev's "perestroyka", that created possible conditions for "Solidarity" movement in my country and blood-less takeover of power, I would be still living behind an iron curtain today, doing God knows what, not being able to freely communicate, travel, even speak publicly my mind, if it is not party-approved point of view. And it took three generations of misery after WW2 in my country, to reverse the course, and six generations overall, for it to collapse. In the meantime - people were born, who didn't know the other reality, than totalitarianism. Society has changed, deeply, values hve changed. That is why I am not living there anymore - it has changed too much, so I'd be accepting it as a sane society, collectively.

It deeply, deeply freaks me out to see both world superpowers (China/USA), one being wholesome totalitarian country, the other turning incredibly fast into a totalitarianism/fascism, to a degree that LAWS are put in place to justify totalitarian actions - back then, most of these repressions by communists were still carried out, while being illegal - imagine how it is going to be, if they start with a LEGAL framework for them?

But hey, what can I do. If sheeple were even slightly interested to listen, I would talk to them. As it is - try to prepare for the storm, lay low, stay invisible - in that way, like Fusor said - not make it worth their hassle of going after me.

Last edited:
Whether this source is correct or not, it is a fact that an economic upheaval is coming to America. All that source does for me is to confirm what I have been saying for years - civil war is coming to your city and millions, maybe a hundred million, of Americans will die in the process.

Who is going to fight? When the SHTF our infrastructure will break down and millions will be starving. We are going to see a civil war on all fronts as people try to survive. It will be race against race as fomented by the PTB as well as the starving unprepared against the prepared. On top of that, it will be "us" against "them". It is going to be a huge bloodbath when it happens. The absolute worst places to be will be in the populated areas, the more people the worse it will be. That is one reason why it is imperative to get out of the city to an extremely rural area where one has a chance to survive.

Interestingly, any kind of civil war will hit the liberals the hardest because they are living off of the dole and cannot prepare. And the liberals tend to gravitate to the most populous areas. If a hundred million Americans die, mostly in the urban areas, the political landscape will end up being overwhelmingly conservative.

The worst part of such a civil war is that it will open the door for a foreign power to conquer America. If indeed it gets so bad that 100 million Americans die, America would be so weak that she could not fend off a determined enemy.

I don't know how much credence I can attribute to this, but Independence Day 2012 appears to be a critical turning point for America and maybe the world. For anyone who subscribes to any 1260 day theory that day lines up for two different 1260 'day' scenarios.

First, the 4th of July 2012, is exactly 1260 days after the inauguration of Obama, which to me implies 'Independence' from the 'king' all over again, just like in 1776. There has been no other line up for any other President in the history of America.

Second, it is also exactly 2620 (1260 times 2) years from 509BC when a Roman civil war overthrew the Roman Kingdom preparing the way for the Roman Empire. This today could mean that the European mess could be solved on that day preparing the way for a modern Roman Empire.

That is pure speculation, but considering what we see happening in the world around us, is entirely possible. We are exactly two months away, so we won't have long to wait to see if there are any correlations. And if such correlations do occur, we can expect similar correlations in the religious landscape of the world 75 days later.

That internet kill switch thingie seems to have been done in anticipation of this, not for the stated reason, which would be worse than the attack it was supposed to help prevent.

Those of us who built the inet and other comm systems might have a trick or few up our sleeves "in the event". There's been quite a lot on Slashdot about building peer to peer wireless networks out of commodity hardware we all own already (just flash the router) for countries that shut down their Internet trying to prevent "Arab Spring" from taking hold. And some of us know how to break what we made, far better than any johnny come lately hacker type.

We just don't do that now - it's a cool toy, it was hard work to design, and it makes us money now. Current hackers aren't a patch on what would be let loose when you really offend the "good guys" - believe me.

But yes, we have here a pattern of behavior that indicates the government is in no way looking out for our welfare, but its own. The only way they can stretch that to an excuse is that civil unrest isn't good for us...we might hurt one another accidentally - and we might. But you don't need all this draconian crap to prevent/control that (see, Greece, who had a bit of dustup, but nothing special under conditions at least as bad) - you only need it to install and maintain a dictatorship.

That's an interesting observation on the conservative/liberal fallout. Of course, the "evil gun freaks" could easily be vilified and blamed in that case...not much someone can't spin either way.

I've got a sudden desire to rewatch the original The Prisoner tv series.

For those who have any preconception of what collapse is like, I suggest reading Ferfal. This guy lived through it in the Balkans, watching friends die from small uncomplicated cuts that got infected and others from random sniper fire. Some died of starvation, some sold their bodies for food. It was unimaginable for those who were ill prepared.

I'm sorry DDMB. You are right and I was wrong. The guy I am thinking about wrote a pretty interesting story about life during the war in the balkans, and Ferfal wrote about the Argentine collapse.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I will now look for a link to the story
I was thinking about, it's pretty well done and paints a very stark picture about life within collapse.

I found it:

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/advice-from-a-collapse-survivor-run-from-major-cities_12062011

The guy's name is Selco and he talks extensively about how he and his family made out during complete collapse. It is interesting to read about what he says of gold and silver. Apparently, a bottle of booze, a scrip of antibiotics or a box of tampons were more valuable......

[EDIT] A better link:
http://www.tacticalintelligence.net/blog/shtf-survival-qa-a-first-hand-account.htm

Last edited:
True that 'Bug.

Our preps are largely stuff we will use/consume/trade during SHTF. One of the things I believe will be most valuable is the four small cases of hard liquor mini bottles. Each case holds forty bottles. The second most valuable thing will be the tins of Top tobacco I have in the freezer.

I wish we had more in the way of antibiotics, but I think what we have will be good enough if we remain relatively healthy. I worry about my wife, who has debilitating migranes. She takes a medicine called Maxalt, which is extremely expensive and kind of sensitive to heat and such. She has a product called butalbitol W/APAP, but it is nor nearly as effective. Our stockpile of medicine will only last seven or eight months.

I found it:

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/advice-from-a-collapse-survivor-run-from-major-cities_12062011

The guy's name is Selco and he talks extensively about how he and his family made out during complete collapse. It is interesting to read about what he says of gold and silver. Apparently, a bottle of booze, a scrip of antibiotics or a box of tampons were more valuable......

[EDIT] A better link:
http://www.tacticalintelligence.net/blog/shtf-survival-qa-a-first-hand-account.htm

First, he was stuck in a city surrounded by a war. I do not care how well you have prepared, you never want to be in the situation this guy found himself in. If you delve into some of that guy's writing he admits things were much different for those out in the country side. If there is warfare coming to your city, LEAVE IMMEDIATELY if possible.

Second, DURING a true SHTF event, silver and gold will have VERY LITTLE use!! DURING the event, food, water, medicine, ammo, and the like will be much more valuable. Precious metals are useful for preserving your wealth though such an event to be used AFTER life stabilizes and reverts to the new normal.

Benjamen, you and 'Bug are absolutely correct. If you want to have a bunch of "tradeables", a box of 550 rounds of .22 ammo is dirt cheap. simply toss one in the basket at WallyWorld every couple of weeks, you'll never feel it. We have tens of thousands of rounds of .22 because we're extremely active shooters [my kid and I] so you can nev er have enough. Also, those with AR-15 rifles/carbines, invest in a replacement bolt for your weapon that will permit use of .22 rounds. This allows you to retain trigger memory and to practice with your weapon for pennies a shot instead of a quarter a shot and will keep you sharp for when you really need the big stuff.

I'd ditto all this. The PM's are for the recovery after - for the bad times, "real daily usefuls" are the thing.

While .22 is a great trade item - and in a lot of cases more useful for survival (it'll kill small game fine and not tell everyone for 5 miles you've got a real gun and ammo, which could make you the target), I'd say you should practice with the real thing enough to be aware of the differences and have that muscle memory too. After all, the holds for ranges are WAY different for that vs .223, and if you're used to .22, no hearing protection required etc and no recoil, that "real thing" is going to be a shock momentarily - and if you need it, that's not a time you want to be surprised. Of course, I reload - and even cast my own bullets, so they're not a quarter each unless I buy the best competition bullets to do that with. Still pretty cheap.

Seems like those things like food, and stuff you don't think of - TP, tampons, lighters, tobacco, (green bud too?) booze, antibiotics, water purifier stuff - fuel(!)...stuff many preppers forget, is going to be the key for the real ugly parts if we get them.

Lets hope for the best, but plan for the worst, or at least, that's my own plan.

Seems like those things like food, and stuff you don't think of - TP, tampons, lighters, tobacco, (green bud too?) booze, antibiotics, water purifier stuff - fuel(!)...stuff many preppers forget, is going to be the key for the real ugly parts if we get them.

Agree with all of the above.

Lets hope for the best, but plan for the worst, or at least, that's my own plan.

Amen.

I have water tabs, maybe a thousand, that I bought at a military surplus festival/fair held in the Orlando area a while back. Those will be like gold!

I was thinking, one could buy filter cartridges from a pool company that hold the smaller [12"] filters that accommodate universally sized filters, then plumb together systems to filter water to 1 micron, then run it through a carbon filter for drinking water. You can build one for less than a hundred bucks.

With respect to the OP, more .gov agencies stocking up on .40 JHP:
Major General Jerry Curry said:
The Social Security Administration (SSA) confirms that it is purchasing 174 thousand rounds of hollow point bullets to be delivered to 41 locations in major cities across the U.S. No one has yet said what the purpose of these purchases is, though we are led to believe that they will be used only in an emergency to counteract and control civil unrest. Those against whom the hollow point bullets are to be used — those causing the civil unrest — must be American citizens; since the SSA has never been used overseas to help foreign countries maintain control of their citizens.

What would be the target of these 174, 000 rounds of hollow point bullets? It can’t simply be to control demonstrators or rioters. Hollow point bullets are so lethal that the Geneva Convention does not allow their use on the battle field in time of war. Hollow point bullets don’t just stop or hurt people, they penetrate the body, spread out, fragment and cause maximum damage to the body’s organs. Death often follows.

Potentially each hollow nose bullet represents a dead American. If so, why would the U.S. government want the SSA to kill 174,000 of our citizens, even during a time of civil unrest? Or is the purpose to kill 174,000 of the nation’s military and replace them with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) special security forces, forces loyal to the Administration, not to the Constitution?

All my life I’ve handled firearms. When a young boy growing up on my father’s farm in Pennsylvania Dad’s first rule of firearms training was, “Never point a gun at someone, in fun or otherwise, unless you intend to shoot them. If you shoot someone, shoot to kill.” I’ve never forgotten his admonition. It stayed with me through my Boy Scout training, when I enlisted in the army as a Private to fight in the Korea
War, during my days as a Ranger and Paratrooper and throughout my thirty-four year military career.

If this were only a one time order of ammunition, it could easily be dismissed. But there is a pattern here. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has ordered 46,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition. Notice that all of these purchases are for the lethal hollow nose bullets. These bullets are not being purchased and stored for squirrel or coyote hunting. This is serious ammunition manufactured to be used for serious purposes.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/17/who-does-the-government-intend-to-shoot/#ixzz24IzsCkmQ

Good post Bug...

This caught my eye:

If this were only a one time order of ammunition, it could easily be dismissed. But there is a pattern here. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has ordered 46,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition. Notice that all of these purchases are for the lethal hollow nose bullets. These bullets are not being purchased and stored for squirrel or coyote hunting. This is serious ammunition manufactured to be used for serious purposes.

"LI 003, 6,000 rounds of frangible, 125-grain CFRHT .40 caliber. No reloads may be used with these weapons. All service furnished ammunition for issued firearms will be U.S. factory production.
?Inside Delivery? to locations below:
6,000 rounds to: James Cassin DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 3350 Highway 138, Suite 218, Wall, NJ, 07719, 6, Cases;
LI 004, 500 Transtar II blue 24" x 40" paper targets
?Inside Delivery? to locations below:
200 paper targets to: Ross Lane DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 130 Oak Street, Suite 5 Ellsworth, ME, 04605
200 paper targets to: Troy Audyatis DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 53 North 6th Street, Room 214 New Bedford, MA, 02740.
100 paper targets to: James Cassin DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, NED 3350 Highway 138, Suite 218, Wall, NJ, 07719, 500, Items"

This is a cut and paste from https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...tabmode=list&=

The frangible ammo is used when you want to keep penetration to a minimum, lets say if you had to raid an appartment building and were concerned about killing the neighbors through the wall. There are times when evacuating adjacent rooms isn't possible, which would make this ammo important.

Also, you can see that they are ordering targets - they intend to teach their people how to use these guns!

.gov response via Fox:
... the Social Security Administration, are trying to put a damper on the speculation -- noting the ammunition is "standard issue" and simply used for mandatory federal training sessions.
But the Social Security Administration statement, posted Thursday, noted that their agents need firearms and ammo in the course of training, investigations and responding to threats against offices and employees.

"As we said in a recent post, our office has criminal investigators, or special agents, who are responsible for investigating violations of the laws that govern SSA's programs," the office said.

The agency said it has 295 special agents across 66 offices in the country. "These investigators have full law enforcement authority, including executing search warrants and making arrests," the statement said.

As for concern about the type of bullets -- hollow points, which expand upon impact -- the statement said the type is "standard issue" and is used during "mandatory quarterly firearms qualifications and other training sessions."
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, or NOAA, found itself scrambling to respond to a similar report this week about an order for 46,000 rounds of ammo. ...

Spokesman Scott Smullen said ... the ammo is "standard issue" and will be used by 63 enforcement personnel at NOAA during qualifications and training sessions.

"NOAA officers and agents enforce the nation's ocean and fishing laws to ensure a level playing field for fishermen and to protect marine species like whales, dolphins and turtles," he said.

According to NOAA, the specialized agents are supposed to have 200 rounds in their "duty bag," and qualification and training requires another 500-600 rounds per agent.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...speculation-over-hollow-point-ammo-purchases/

I hope they have good coaches and a lot of practice time both at bullseye and practical.

I often help local cops retrain to re-qualify. Most of them really can't shoot well, don't understand the principles adequately, and just really aren't "gun guys".

Myself, and a retired cop who is a gun guy (and an amazing handgun shooter) - give them courses and expose them to how bad they are in ways they can't make excuses about. It really seems to help, but in a sudden stress situation - I doubt it helps enough.

We use balloons to stand in for "innocent bystanders". They kill a hell of a lot of those. That does seem to have an effect on their attitudes, but maybe it doesn't last that long.

I have water tabs, maybe a thousand, that I bought at a military surplus festival/fair held in the Orlando area a while back. Those will be like gold!

I was thinking, one could buy filter cartridges from a pool company that hold the smaller [12"] filters that accommodate universally sized filters, then plumb together systems to filter water to 1 micron, then run it through a carbon filter for drinking water. You can build one for less than a hundred bucks.

a pair of Black Berkey filters is less than a hundred bucks also, good for thirty gallons a day for eight years....

Benjamen, you and 'Bug are absolutely correct. If you want to have a bunch of "tradeables", a box of 550 rounds of .22 ammo is dirt cheap. simply toss one in the basket at WallyWorld every couple of weeks, you'll never feel it. We have tens of thousands of rounds of .22 because we're extremely active shooters [my kid and I] so you can nev er have enough. Also, those with AR-15 rifles/carbines, invest in a replacement bolt for your weapon that will permit use of .22 rounds. This allows you to retain trigger memory and to practice with your weapon for pennies a shot instead of a quarter a shot and will keep you sharp for when you really need the big stuff.

an interesting comment, a friend of mine was building custom AR's and I was going to buy one from him. My neighbor, a lifelong cop and now three year in Iraq blackwater guy, said don't waste your money. if it gets that bad you can just pick one up off the ground....

Wonder how .gov will explain this...
The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo, to far too little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As elsewhere reported, much of this purchase order is for rounds forbidden by international law for use in war plus a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending fewer than 6 million rounds a month. 1.6 billion rounds, therefore, would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.

Add to this perplexingly outré purchase of ammo, DHS now is showing off its acquisition of heavily armored personnel carriers, repatriated from the Iraqi and Afghani theaters of operation. ...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbe...ecurity-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/

Hmmmm.........So the mainstream media dips its toe in to the conspiracy pool. Maybe not so much of a conspiracy after all....

1.6 billion rounds is a fucking lot of ammo. If they are using it for practice they would have to be using full auto to justify anything near that quantity, and then they would have to be training ALL of their TSAgents every single day. I hope they remembered that barrels burn out eventually........well........maybe they don't need to know that after all...

The Denver Post didn't break the 1.6 b ammo purchase, it was infowars months ago. But they're just a bunch of tinfoil hats, so they don't count ...
Drudge posted the original article last autumn, too.
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-buys-1-6-billion-bullets/

Conspiracy+-+Dog,+Man,+And+Sheep.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom