Word games (wordle, quordle, etc.)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I would suggest starting with wordle only until you get the hang of it. Quordle is a bit tougher.

My comment regarding the coin flip means that after 6 guesses, I had solved 3 of the 4 words in quordle. Based upon what I knew after six guesses, I knew the last word had to be one of two choices. I guessed wrong.

I would suggest starting with wordle only until you get the hang of it. Quordle is a bit tougher.

My comment regarding the coin flip means that after 6 guesses, I had solved 3 of the 4 words in quordle. Based upon what I knew after six guesses, I knew the last word had to be one of two choices. I guessed wrong.
Could I recommend a third one? The easiest one and a good starter to get the hang of it:

247Wordley.com <-- This is the easiest because if there is a letter used twice, it puts a number 2 in the letter's position.

Wordle 506 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I chased my tail a bit before figuring that one out.

Daily Quordle 287
4️⃣5️⃣
6️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨 ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Much better.

I cannot get the numbered blue squares with the scores copied... Do you do it in two sections or sumpin'?

I cannot get the numbered blue squares with the scores copied... Do you do it in two sections or sumpin'?
Are you using a computer, or a mobile device? When I use a computer, and finish a quordle puzzle, I get two blue buttons at the bottom of the screen. I click on the right "copy" button. I then open this thread, start a new post and paste the clipboard (use Ctrl-V). That's it.

Are you using a computer, or a mobile device? When I use a computer, and finish a quordle puzzle, I get two blue buttons at the bottom of the screen. I click on the right "copy" button. I then open this thread, start a new post and paste the clipboard (use Ctrl-V). That's it.
Sorry. Weakness of the medium and the guy typing. I meant that when I copied the number squares, I get the actual words, too.
LEAKY4️⃣
5️⃣DRAIN
MUCKY7️⃣
8️⃣WHISK

That goes for any combination of highlighting the boxes. Highlight one box, get the word answer.

Sorry about blowing today's answers (horrible score, too -- I started to post this reply, and just quick jumped over to do the Quordle puzzle to get an example... shoulda had LEAKY in 3.)

Anyway, that is my problem: cannot hide the answers, so I don't post 'em. I'll live. πŸ™ƒ

@Unca Walt - do not highlight and copy. Click the button at the bottom of the screen that says "copy" (button appears once you have completed the puzzle).

Wordle 507 2/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Oh man. I saw the green appearing and thought I got a hole in one again. Alas, it was not to be.

Daily Quordle 288
6️⃣4️⃣
7️⃣8️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I missed a coin flip on guess #5 (top left). Ah well.

AHA! AGAIN it is the prophecy: "pmbug will come to bring us out of Darkness." [/Dune]

Daily Quordle 288
4️⃣5️⃣
7️⃣8️⃣

Hah! Sucky as we both were, I gotcha by one measle point. πŸ€—

Wordle 508 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Oof. I really struggled to think of words for guesses 3 and 4.

Daily Quordle 289
6️⃣7️⃣
4️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜ 🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨 ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Much better.

Wordle 508 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Oof. I really struggled to think of words for guesses 3 and 4.

Daily Quordle 289
6️⃣7️⃣
4️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜ 🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨 🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨 ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Much better.
What does the Wordle 508 5/6 and/or Daily Quordle 289 mean? I spent way too much time trying to find an answer online, to no avail

What does the Wordle 508 5/6 and/or Daily Quordle 289 mean? I spent way too much time trying to find an answer online, to no avail

Wordle and quordle both are word games that can be played daily. Each day, a new puzzle is available. The puzzles are numbered. Today's wordle puzzle is puzzle #508. I solved the puzzle in 5 out of 6 guesses. Today's quordle puzzle is puzzle #289. Tomorrow, the puzzles will be numbers 509 (wordle) and 290 (quordle).

I posted links to the puzzles in the OP of this thread.

@Newmisty - judging from the URL you posted, you aren't playing on the NY Times daily puzzle. See link for wordle in the OP.

Also, the "copy" button is on Quordle. The NY Times daily wordle has a "share" button when you solve the puzzle.

Dang. My Darling Witch was all a-twitter about the approaching Nicole storm. I put up (for the last fargin time!!) the running-W steel covers for my front windows. Took in alla lawn furniture, creatchy-poo feeders, yada. Wrapped up my huge reverse osmosis rig in ropes with aircraft tie-downs screwed deep inna ground.

(pant, puf)

Did I mention again yet today I wuz borned in 1940? <-- This is not work for somebody who is older than his grandmother.

Bottom Line: Never got to do the dang puzzles.

Now that Nicole has just hit the Floriduh coast fitty miles up the coast from the Chateau... I went outside a coupla minnits ago. Mild breeze, cloudy. No rain, although a tad had fallen during the night.

And I am still exhausted from the prep. At least I stopped her from filling the WaterBob thingy in the bathtub.

Wordle 509 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Oof. That hurt.

Daily Quordle 290
4️⃣7️⃣
8️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟨🟩🟨🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Top right tricked me on guess #6.

Hmm, playing on my phone, it did not save today's game number when I "shared" my resu;t...

Attachments

• 1668124262398.png
    1668124262398.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 2
Use the "copy" button on quordle.

I have no excuse. I'm higher than a giraffe's hiney, and mis-typed a letter TWICE: Yeah, that and a nickel...
Daily Quordle 291
5️⃣8️⃣
4️⃣6️⃣

Wordle 510 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I wanted it in 3 guesses. Just missed.

Daily Quordle 291
4️⃣6️⃣
7️⃣5️⃣
quordle.com
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Took me a hot minute to figure out bottom left.

Started off OK, then fell into a fargin desert.

Daily Quordle 292
3️⃣4️⃣
7️⃣6️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩 ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ 🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What made me crazy about wandering in the desert above:

My goal is to break 20 pts total. I was about to set a pussanal record... and blew it. I've hit 20 points several times, never beat it.

Now you guys are ruint... ya now have a point goal: To break 20. (Evil grin)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What made me crazy about wandering in the desert above:

My goal is to break 20 pts total. I was about to set a pussanal record... and blew it. I've hit 20 points several times, never beat it.

Now you guys are ruint... ya now have a point goal: To break 20. (Evil grin)
What do you do work on one word to get the others did a practice game and felt number than a pounded thumb.

Stsarted out OK, got lost with the last two words when the sneeeky bastages used double letters in both.

Daily Quordle 293
6️⃣4️⃣
5️⃣8️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨 ⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ 🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜ 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 513 2/6

⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Awwww yeah!

Daily Quordle 294
7️⃣8️⃣
6️⃣4️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

Missed guess 5 (lower left corner) by ... that much!

Back
Top Bottom