Precious Metals Forum

Go Back   Precious Metals Forum > Precious Metals and Economic News > Fiat Ponzi

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #161
Ground Beetle

Liked: 554 times
...according to some religions, being old wouldn't get nobody an out of jail card: unless we get all the way up to Enlightenment (and judging by how much our lot here is concerned about the earthy stuff, nobody got there yet :-)), we would be back :-). And that, my friends, is fucking scary!
rblong2us likes this.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #162
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 2046 times
Perfect comment!!

You just cut straight through five hours of bullshit to point out exactly what the core mission of this administration is: divide the collective attention of the people and bullshit them until they toe the party line. Meanwhile, while everyone is totally distracted, pass a few fucked up bills full of pork chops and beer for our constituencies so they'll vote us back in in '14.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #163
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 918 times
Originally Posted by dontdeBasemebro View Post:
You old guys are lucky.
hah

we rode the easiest wave and even an idiot could 'make money'.

Now its all going a bit wobbly, so we are hitting the gov plastic and sending the bill to eeerrr

YOU !

whatcha gonna do about it, boy ?
bushi likes this.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #164
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by ancona View Post:
Benjamen,
This is exactly why this is so completely fucked up. We are now looking actively to exclude people from exercising their constitutional rights. Targeting of conservative groups, targeting vets, targeting patriots, and targeting Christians.

This is so completely beyond disturbing as to be frightening.

I weep for my daughters future. :-(
my computer won't allow me to forward this article, says I am "abusing" it. WTF?
Obama ‘Strongly Objects’ to Religious Liberty Amendment
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...amendment.html

snip:
The Obama Administration “strongly objects” to a proposed amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act on Wednesday that would have protected the religious rights of soldiers – including evangelical Christian service members who are facing growing hostility towards their religion.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #165
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 1233 times
The trick about religion, which I know all too much about - I fell hard for the jesus freak thing at one point and even studied and got myself ordained - in the evangelical realm, of course - is just do it, don't talk about it.

If you paint Jesus on your finger and shove it down throats, you just get puked on, same as with a blank finger. That's not what even Jesus did - he just was, and people figured that out and followed him.

It's a good example to follow. If people then start to question why you are happier and better in balance than they - despite sometimes Job like situations - you can then answer their questions, and importantly, they are then listening with interest.

Else, STFU. If people aren't asking, you need to work on yourself more first - should be obvious but apparently it's not to all too many.

What galls me is when *any* religion tries (and often is a success) at getting their particular mores passed into law. If your message isn't compelling enough by itself, work on that - again, this should be obvious, don't, for crying out loud force it on others using the laws and guys with guns - Only one "religion" I'm aware of thinks that's OK, officially - and I find that religion lacking seriously, and self-inconsistent anyway. You know which one. The rest I have no trouble with, and in fact wound up as a more or less Zen myself.

The story of why I quit being a preacher is interesting (and long), but wouldn't fit in this thread well.
DCFusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #166
Jay
Yellow Jacket

Liked: 671 times
Originally Posted by DCFusor View Post:
The trick about religion, which I know all too much about - I fell hard for the jesus freak thing at one point and even studied and got myself ordained - in the evangelical realm, of course - is just do it, don't talk about it.

If you paint Jesus on your finger and shove it down throats, you just get puked on, same as with a blank finger. That's not what even Jesus did - he just was, and people figured that out and followed him.

It's a good example to follow. If people then start to question why you are happier and better in balance than they - despite sometimes Job like situations - you can then answer their questions, and importantly, they are then listening with interest.

Else, STFU. If people aren't asking, you need to work on yourself more first - should be obvious but apparently it's not to all too many.

What galls me is when *any* religion tries (and often is a success) at getting their particular mores passed into law. If your message isn't compelling enough by itself, work on that - again, this should be obvious, don't, for crying out loud force it on others using the laws and guys with guns - Only one "religion" I'm aware of thinks that's OK, officially - and I find that religion lacking seriously, and self-inconsistent anyway. You know which one. The rest I have no trouble with, and in fact wound up as a more or less Zen myself.

The story of why I quit being a preacher is interesting (and long), but wouldn't fit in this thread well.
worked for a doctor once in an audiology clinic who said he became a priest in order to avoid the draft in Vietnam. he said it backfired and he wound up on the front lines without a gun...
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #167
Super Moderator

Liked: 685 times
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-e...3BtaA--;_ylv=3

"Economic theory has a clear and rigid answer. But it’s not one economists like to give ... it’s not one that politicians, whose attention most economists covet, like to hear."

"For the U.S. government as a whole, the infinite horizon fiscal gap is a whopping $222 trillion!"

"It’s elimination requires ... either a 64 percent immediate and permanent tax hike in all federal taxes or a 40 percent immediate and permanent cut in all expenditures apart from servicing official debt"
Never free.

PMBug 101 *** Forum Rules
benjamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #168
Super Moderator

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/hea...ides-to-resign

"Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.

Sources said several aides have already given lawmakers notice that they’ll be leaving over concerns about Obamacare. Republican and Democratic lawmakers said the chatter about retiring now, to remain on the current health care plan, is constant."

“The leadership has assured members that fixing this issue is a top priority,” said one Democratic leadership aide. “This issue must be fixed by administrative action in order that the flawed Grassley Amendment’s spirit is honored and all staff and members are treated the same.”

Never free.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #169
Super Moderator

Excellent article on the history of the militization of U.S. police:
http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/a...n_the_streets/
Never free.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #170
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2523 times
Quote :
... John Williams, of Shadowstats, warned that unemployment just hit a shocking new high of 23.4%, even as the monetary base continues to go parabolic. Below is a key portion of this tremendous report and KWN wanted to pass it along to our global readers:

Banking-System Stress. With Fed monetization of U.S. Treasury debt at 90.5%, and with June monetary base annual growth soaring above 20%, the lack of meaningful movement in June M3 annual growth is suggestive of an intensifying liquidity crisis in the bank system, as discussed in the Hyperinflation Watch.

No Economic Recovery Here. The June 2013 report on labor conditions, published July 5th by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) included some harsh indications of economic deterioration in the broader unemployment detail (ShadowStats measure hit a record high for the series), along with heavy seasonal-factor distortions in the headline payroll data.
More: http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldne...Hits_23.4.html

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #171
Super Moderator

Investigate NSA = suicide by car
http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/cri...sterious-crash
Just read the article.. all kinds of odd things in this story

Investigate Obama = accidental death
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...poisoning.html
"The sources that disclosed the possible presence of arsenic said that finding the poison does not mean the death was a homicide, because it could have accidentally entered his system."

Investigate the CIA = suicide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb
"Webb was found dead from two gunshot wounds to the head, which the coroner's office judged a suicide."
Never free.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #172

Liked: 280 times
Originally Posted by benjamen View Post:
Investigate the CIA = suicide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Webb
"Webb was found dead from two gunshot wounds to the head, which the coroner's office judged a suicide."
That's quite a follow up shot...

dontdeBasemebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #173
Yellow Jacket

the latest offering from the Golden Jackass makes good reading -

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldenJackass/1373582161.php
benjamen and Jay like this.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #174
Ground Beetle

Liked: 304 times
Originally Posted by rblong2us View Post:
the latest offering from the Golden Jackass makes good reading -

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldenJackass/1373582161.php
That is a very long and mostly negative rant (is everything a conspiracy and everybody a criminal?)but his theory that rising food prices were the more likely cause of the recent Egyptian protests that brought down Morsi is very interesting.
rblong2us likes this.
Aubuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #175
Yellow Jacket

Originally Posted by Aubuy View Post:
is everything a conspiracy and everybody a criminal?
he he

depends .........

http://beforeitsnews.com/education/2...e-2444530.html

Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #176
Super Moderator

http://thenewamerican.com/tech/energ...astate-economy

"According to the federal Energy Information Agency (EIA), 45 percent of the country’s annual four trillion kilowatt-hours of electricity are generated from coal."

"On August 2, the Reuters news service provided a list of 207 coal-fired plants that are scheduled to close. A May 2 news release from the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE) puts the total of coal-fired plant closings even higher, at 285, in 32 states."

"Politically, the White House is hesitant to say they’re having a war on coal. On the other hand, a war on coal is exactly what’s needed."

Never free.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #177
Super Moderator

Suprising to find this type of article in the mainstream arena:
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/break...142435260.html

"Walmart is the thermometer of the American economy. Disregard the government data. Jobs and GDP and all the rest are at best inaccurate measures of the economy and at worst flat out corrupt."

"They have 150 million customers which collectively spent less in Walmart stores than in the same period last year."

"I don't think we're in a recession right now, but I think there's a 50 percent chance we'll be in one next year," Davidowitz shouts, and there's nothing the government is going to be able to do about it. "We've spent all the money, we've borrowed all the money, and we're in the tank."
Never free.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #178
Super Moderator

New report from the Congressional Budget Office:
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...geTaxRates.pdf

2010 numbers by income quintiles:
Lowest Quintile
0, 0, 2.3%, 9.3%, -6.2%, 0.4%
2nd Quintile
23.2k, 46.5k, 7.4%, 11%, -2.9%, 3.8%
3rd Quintile
35.7k, 71.4k, 13%, 14.3%, 2.9%, 9.1%
4th Quintile
51.1k, 102.2, 21%, 19.8%, 13.3%, 17.6%
Highest Quintile
75.7k, 151k, 57.9%, 47.2%, 92.9%, 68.8%

Numbers for each quintile are:
Minimum yearly income for single person household to be in that quintile
Minimum yearly income for four person household to be in that quintile
% of all Regular Income
% of all Net Income (subtracting taxes and adding government transfers)
% of all Income taxes paid
% of All taxes paid

My take aways:
1) For anyone with a professional career or private business, it is easy to forget how little income many people make. A single person making fifty one thousand a year will put them ahead of sixty percent of the solo population!
2) The bottom three quintiles combined, a full sixty percent of the country, account for a negative percent of the total income taxes in the U.S.! The top two quintiles account for 106.2% of all income taxes!
3) For anyone that thinks the upper class needs to pay more taxes, while making roughly sixty percent of the income, the top quintile is already paying roughly 93% of income taxes! Also, the only reason the top quintile doesn't pay such a huge percentage of total taxes (68.8%) is because they "only" pay 45% of all social security taxes and 32% of all excise taxes.
ancona likes this.
Never free.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #179
Super Moderator

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-job-...133319039.html

"Nonfarm payrolls rise 74,000 in December"

"Unemployment rate falls to 6.7 percent from 7.0 percent"

"The labor force participation rate, or the proportion of working-age Americans who have a job or are looking for one fell 0.2 percentage point to 62.8 percent."

"The length of the workweek fell to 34.4 hours from 34.5 hours."

Never free.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #180
Golden Cockroach

Liked: 2523 times
Very bullish /sarc

Important stuff: PMBug 101 * Forum Guidelines * Support PMBug
PMBug is offline   Reply With Quote