canadian silver coins?

billyjoe

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
trying to buy some Canadian silver coins from mint.ca for both investment and collection. And I'm also thinking of those mintage < 2000 and price <$1000. Those should have more potentials...any input, guys?

dontdeBasemebro

Reaction score
Welcome to the board.:cheers:

Personally, I'm not into the numismatic value of low mintages and the like, but there are plenty of folks who are and turn a good profit doing it.

Can't go wrong with a standard Maple Leaf of your favorite metal, great looking coins imho.

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I'm a straight up junk silver and ASE guy, but there may be some on the board who can help.

BTW.......Welcome to the board.

Jetstream

Big Eyed Bug
Reaction score
Do you have problems with milkspots on those? I have heard they are hard to keep from tarnishing due to the high purity.
Umm ... the one I had before I took up white-water rafting (terrible accident - should have taken lessons first), never had that problem.

Penn

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Im with Mark. I do own other forms of silver.. but new purchases are 90%, and eagles.

white&yellow999

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
Do you have problems with milkspots on those? I have heard they are hard to keep from tarnishing due to the high purity.
Yes, a lot of the silver maples get milkspots unless they are still sealed from the mint, but I thought the spots were caused by the press and lubricants used in manufacturing reacting with the air. No big deal IMO, wouldn't stop me from buying them! ;)