canadian silver coins?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

billyjoe

Fly on the Wall
Reaction score
trying to buy some Canadian silver coins from mint.ca for both investment and collection. And I'm also thinking of those mintage < 2000 and price <$1000. Those should have more potentials...any input, guys?

Welcome to the board.:cheers:

Personally, I'm not into the numismatic value of low mintages and the like, but there are plenty of folks who are and turn a good profit doing it.

Can't go wrong with a standard Maple Leaf of your favorite metal, great looking coins imho.

I'm a straight up junk silver and ASE guy, but there may be some on the board who can help.

BTW.......Welcome to the board.

Do you have problems with milkspots on those? I have heard they are hard to keep from tarnishing due to the high purity.
Umm ... the one I had before I took up white-water rafting (terrible accident - should have taken lessons first), never had that problem.

Im with Mark. I do own other forms of silver.. but new purchases are 90%, and eagles.

Do you have problems with milkspots on those? I have heard they are hard to keep from tarnishing due to the high purity.

Yes, a lot of the silver maples get milkspots unless they are still sealed from the mint, but I thought the spots were caused by the press and lubricants used in manufacturing reacting with the air. No big deal IMO, wouldn't stop me from buying them! ;)

Back
Top Bottom