Central banks continue to purchase gold - Gold Standard Restoration Act

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

The credit system is a major stumbling block but digital tokenisation of assets maybe a way around that. We could end up with digital currencies with inbuilt functionality that covers all that a bank does for you AND a token market where you can invest in virtually anything offered. That is to say you loan your money directly to the end user for an agreed return secured against a tokenised asset that you can trade out of at will. The asset might be Trump Tower, a house down the road, a fleet of aircraft etc... whatever needs finance to get up and going. You could even finance a rising sports stars career!

This does side step the whole fraction reserve thing, with money "at call" that isn't actually there. It also kills the banks off and hands the risk and profit back to the originator of the capital... YOU.

I find the idea attractive, at least on first blush.

I've heard a discussion of this very subject on the car radio. According to the speaker he researched where the gold was going to (central banks) and where it was coming from (gold dealers) and the status of the gold (gold certificates). Gold was coming from gold dealers (in the US) who were selling the certificates because is suited their gold profiles and it was just time to get rid of the certificates. The big buyers were China, India, and just about all the central banks.

I really don't see the attraction of gold certificates rather than purchasing physical gold. I rather have physical gold than in any other form. If you have the gold certificates you may not have anything on the day of settling. So what's the attraction any why are they saying that they sold 20 tons of gold when all that was transferred was a piece of paper.

The moderator was talking about that this may be a time to buy. He may be right.

I've heard a discussion of this very subject on the car radio. According to the speaker he researched where the gold was going to (central banks) and where it was coming from (gold dealers) and the status of the gold (gold certificates). Gold was coming from gold dealers (in the US) who were selling the certificates because is suited their gold profiles and it was just time to get rid of the certificates. The big buyers were China, India, and just about all the central banks.

I really don't see the attraction of gold certificates rather than purchasing physical gold. I rather have physical gold than in any other form. If you have the gold certificates you may not have anything on the day of settling. So what's the attraction any why are they saying that they sold 20 tons of gold when all that was transferred was a piece of paper.

The moderator was talking about that this may be a time to buy. He may be right.
The fun part is that there are more than 100 gold certificates for the each ounce of gold those certificates represent. This is not a deep sekrit at all.

It'll be first come, first -- and only first -- served. :cautious:

Back
Top Bottom