ChatGPT integration with pmbug?

Should we have ChatGPT be a PMBug member that folks can talk to?

• Yes

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • How do you know that *I* am not ChatGPT?

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • We shouldn't finance development of Skynet Jr.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

"The forum" won't "go to ChatGPT".

I tested the AI mods and it works. There is a dedicated forum room where bug staff and supporters (anyone that has an active paid membership upgrade) can post threads or replies quoting the chatbot to have some fun.

Just changed my vote to yes. This could be fun.

If this forum goes to ChatGPT, I will dump this forum in the crapper for good

Originally voted no. Played around in the chatgpt room ( https://www.pmbug.com/forums/chatgpt-playpen.34/ ) and had fun. So I changed my vote. See above. Could be fun. The playpen is hidden, and you don't have to enter if you don't want to. Wouldn't worry about it.

How would we know if Bug, or any others here, have referred a comment from a thread to a chatbot and then posted its reply here ?

or anywhere else for that matter .........
Theres probably nowhere to hide 🙃

Those responses are almost identical. The "guardrails" that openAI placed on ChatGPT aren't perfect, but I can understand them restricting responses that might promote violence. You might find this blog post of interest:

Below, we summarize:
  • How ChatGPT’s behavior is shaped;
  • How we plan to improve ChatGPT’s default behavior;
  • Our intent to allow more system customization; and
  • Our efforts to get more public input on our decision-making.

Those responses are almost identical.
Not really. It used criticisms of Christianity within it's response, but used no criticisms of Islam at all within its response for it.

I can understand them restricting responses that might promote violence.
How does merely telling the truth about it, promote violence?

Or are you referring to the threat of violence by Islamic extremists if they perceive any criticisms about their religion?
...so it's best to not speak the truth about their religion, lest it upset them and they turn violent?

Is that what you meant?

Or are you referring to the threat of violence by Islamic extremists if they perceive any criticisms about their religion?

Yes. As usual, I'm not advocating for a value judgement one way or the other. Just stating that this is what I think the developers at OpenAI have done and why. I expect that finding the right balance in how they design these guardrails is something that will evolve over time.

Those people need to learn that they enjoy equal Rights as anyone else.
If criticising other religions is deemed to be free speech, criticisms of there's has to be looked at the same way. (Whether they like it or not)

Anything less is hypocritical bs.

If the radical Islamic extremists don't like free speech and America's Founding principles, wtf do they even want to be here? SA or Afghanistan would be a better fit for them.

Last edited:
Hey @pmbug

A member has come to me with a problem. @andial would like to ask chatbot a question and is having a problem starting a thread. Is there a way you can help?

Hey @pmbug

A member has come to me with a problem. @andial would like to ask chatbot a question and is having a problem starting a thread. Is there a way you can help?

Participation is currently limited to moderators and members that have paid for upgraded membership. I will post a sticky note for the forum to explain how everything works.

Sticky note has been posted:

"The forum" won't "go to ChatGPT".

I tested the AI mods and it works. There is a dedicated forum room where bug staff and supporters (anyone that has an active paid membership upgrade) can post threads or replies quoting the chatbot to have some fun.
How can I upgrade to a paid membership?

I’m following some of the chat bot threads with interest.
what I am beginning to see is a more subtle form of control that will replace the mainstream media fairly quickly.
all those soothing words and phrases and carefully constructed caveats to ensure no one is ever offended
unless they asked bot to explore forms of insult and see what emotions might be triggered.

I also suspect bot is jobbing as a sideline for those paid trolls who infest forums that question the mainstream.
I regularly see well formulated arguments that just subtly inject a possible doubt. ‘ concern trolls ’

hmmmmmm

because it's the way of the future...you're wrong, the machine is always gonna be right...and they'll tell us the machine doesn't have any biases...etc, it has no emotions

and i'll respond, it may not have any emotions but it's programmed from the git go to have biases...we'll just never be told what they are

it's not real but plenty will begin to believe it is and that's where the real problem will engage itself with society, delusions of reality, pure delusions

Clearly the poll was against chat bot or whatever it is but apparently it installed itself or something. Skynet has assumed control. The forum is now infested with chat stuff. I've read through a few of the threads and I am definitely not impressed. Definitely a bias in its replies. The danger is that the more it is used the more it will be seen as normalized and accepted. I am definitively against that. From the 2nd amendment to global warming it clearly is wrong on the subjects.

How about the federal reserve? Is that constitutional? Where in the constitution did the states give congress to power to delegate their authority to another entity. I imagine chat thing would say anything law congress passes is legit and constitutional when clearly it isn't.

Anyway, not fan of this Ai stuff.

Clearly the poll was against chat bot or whatever it is but apparently it installed itself or something. Skynet has assumed control. The forum is now infested with chat stuff. I've read through a few of the threads and I am definitely not impressed. Definitely a bias in its replies. The danger is that the more it is used the more it will be seen as normalized and accepted. I am definitively against that. From the 2nd amendment to global warming it clearly is wrong on the subjects.

How about the federal reserve? Is that constitutional? Where in the constitution did the states give congress to power to delegate their authority to another entity. I imagine chat thing would say anything law congress passes is legit and constitutional when clearly it isn't.

Anyway, not fan of this Ai stuff.

Cigar..............If you'd like, I'll ask chatbot about the federal reserve being constitutional. I'll also ask it about the constitution and the states gibing congress power to delegate their authority to another entity. Could be fun.

Chat GPT ISNT REAL. Why would we give a shit what "its" opinions of ANYTHING are??
Because we may not know it was a bot generated opinion.
Reckon on Gov 'nudge units' using this kind of tool
Its fun while we know the basis on which the words were generated but the potential for mis use is huge.

Its possible that its torroidal , the default shape in nature.
Admiral Bird flew into the opening down south that those monkeys who run google earth patch over so we cant see it 🤡

And its understood in metaphysics that we create our reality, so we only need to create what we can sense ie as far as we can see.
So for me when I look out of the window, the earth is flat ish ........

Did the fallen tree even exist if no one was there to create and witness that moment ......

🙃

I note from the bot response to the question the very reassuring words -

'which has been widely debunked by scientific research and experiments'

Trust the science eh ?

Last edited:
Chat GPT ISNT REAL. Why would we give a shit what "its" opinions of ANYTHING are??

ChatGPT is a nascent expression of a Borg mind so to speak. It's answers to any prompt are a summary function of digesting a snapshot of the internet - the thoughts and data of civilization as captured on the internet. You can care about it or not as you wont, but it can be informative. Tools are useful when used properly and the quality of ChatGPT's output is a function of the quality of it's input (meaning the prompt/question that one feeds it as well as the snapshot data it's drawing from).

Well, it kind a is real in the way that it's an aggregate of all the text they fed to it. In a way it reflects a broad consensus without reflecting any individual in that consensus. So yeah, while the entity isn't real the sentiment is reflective, even if it isn't our view of things.

I wonder if there will be a moment when Colossus meets the Crab.

Back
Top Bottom