Crypto trading/market thread

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Stealing from the IRS.

Hard to get my mind around it to be something other than worthy of some sort of praise.

looks like the El Salvador Volcano Bonds are one step closer to become a reality

no dates that i could find as to when they will be made available to the public

El Salvador Passes Law Paving the Way for 'Volcano Bond'​

The digital asset bill in the Legislative Assembly obtained 62 votes in favor and 16 against.​

Miss El Salvador

The government can NOT compete with the private market creations. They seem to think the CDBC's will be their savior.... But they will just be another crypto to the average Joe and a VASTLY inferior one at that. So why on Earth would someone choose a CDBC over all of the new creations in the marketplace?

... So why on Earth would someone choose a CDBC over all of the new creations in the marketplace?
Legal tender laws. The same reason folks aren't using physical gold and silver instead of FRNs right now.

Made the front page of today's local paper.

North Carolina crypto mine drives residents away over 'insane' noise, electric grid concerns​

Story by Bailee Hill • 2h ago

One rural North Carolina town is bearing the brunt of a cryptocurrency mine, sending some residents packing over concerns about the deafening noise and impact on the electric grid.

Murphy, N.C., resident Mike Lugiewicz joined "Fox & Friends First" Monday to discuss his concern surrounding the mine -- which sits about 500 ft. from his front door -- and why he has decided to relocate.

"The noise is insane and if you're on the mountaintop above the crypto mine, it's even worse," Lugiewicz told Carley Shimkus. "I don't know if there's much we can do about it right now, but what we're trying to do as a community is get it out to the public that if they see crypto mines coming up in their area, they need to do everything possible to ban them and not allow those to get on their grid."

More:

This doesn't look good. The trap is going to shut.

It looks like this is an issue with a specific bank. I didn't see where SWIFT announced a broad policy.

"Dad, can I borrow $10 worth of bitcoin?"​

"Borrow $11.62? ... What the hell do you need $7.45 of bitcoin for?"

Well, fudge...

Looks like Americans won't be able to stake coins on exchanges any more.

They wouldn't let you go to work or walk around your neighborhood but they'll be fine with you messing with the money. Sure.

Sounds like it might not be quite the death knell for exchange staking service that it was being made out to be. Exchanges just need to get their ducks in a row.

Linked by the article above:

(Kitco News) - Amid a crackdown on the crypto industry in the U.S. with a focus on cryptocurrency exchanges, Coinbase is reportedly in talks with stock exchange platform IEX to create a federally approved digital asset marketplace, according to people familiar with the matter.

Crypto markets likely facing some significant headwinds thanks to unraveling fraud and/or government regulators choking out business.

The wild west is getting wilder.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…