Crypto trading/market thread

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

29 arrested after thousands swept up in cryptocurrency investment scam​

Story by Ahmed Shawkat • Yesterday 2:02 PM

Cairo — Egyptians who invested in a cryptocurrency mining app were hit last week with the daunting realization that the incredible profits they thought they were making all boiled down to fiction. The platform, called Hoggpool, was launched in August.

In a promotional video, a man introduced the company with a claim that it was founded in Colorado in

2019 and was investing in cutting-edge industries, from "life sciences technology" to "space tech and blockchain." He called it "one of the leading energy providers worldwide" and said it offered "cryptocurrency mining at all levels."

More:

Worldwide crypto & NFT rug pulls and scams tracker​

In its March attestation, Circle had revealed that part of its $9.88 billion in cash reserves was held at SVB, although it did not disclose the total amount. Following the collapse of SVB, withdrawals from USDC mounted, with the crypto intelligence platform Nansen showing over $1 billion in redemptions from the stablecoin since SVB’s shutdown. USDC has a market cap just north of $40 billion.

As USDC lost its $1 peg across different crypto exchanges amid withdrawals, Circle sought to instill confidence, with the company tweeting at 6:50 pm ET that it would continue to operate normally, sharing that SVB was one of the six banking partners it uses for the 25% of its reserves that it keeps in cash, although still not disclosing the amount held at SVB.

Letter:

Regarding post #135 above (bold emphasis is mine):

From the link:

According to the FBI's recently released annual internet crime report, $10.6 billion was lost due to online scams and frauds in 2022. This is up 46 percent from the $6.9 billion in losses in 2021. Furthermore, even though losses are way up, the number of complaints from scam victims made to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) were actually down from the previous year.

Context for Rep. Emmer's letter mentioned in my last post:

Microsoft is testing a built-in cryptocurrency wallet for the Edge browser​

3/17/2023, 4:14 PM

Microsoft appears to be testing a built-in cryptocurrency wallet for Edge, according to screenshots pulled from a beta build of the browser. The feature, which the screenshots say is strictly for internal testing, was unearthed by Twitter user @thebookisclosed, who has a history of digging up present-but-disabled features in everything from new Windows 11 builds to ancient Windows Vista betas.

Full:

I wouldn't trust it. Browsers seem to be easily compromised by malware.

not a bad month for BitCoin

up about 35%

how high will BC go by Dec 2023 is anyone’s guess eh

Bold emphasis is mine:

FDIC has split off and debanked Signature's crypto clients. Operation Choke Point is in full effect.

Last edited:
Operation Choke Point making it's way to the UK:

... and people have collectively sent 24k Ethereum to a burn address for some unknown reason. ...

lulz

anyone care to guess on how the Fed decision today will affect Bitcoin , up or down?

anyone care to guess on how the Fed decision today will affect Bitcoin , up or down?
I'm guessing sideways as American crypto industry is largely unbanked currently. I'm guessing most crypto trading right now is happening outside of USA borders and therefore less likely to be reactive on Fed interest rate news. But I could definitely be very wrong on this.

if this mornings movement , oh gawd that sounds awful , is any indication , up up and away

is it to early to say To the moon! ?

or ,

the train is leaving the station?

any chance of a Bitcoin ticker at the Top of the Page with the gold and silver?

i do not completely understand staking

but i did opt in for it the other day as Coinbase gave all their customers the option…

based upon my history of returns , i opted in lol

any chance of a Bitcoin ticker at the Top of the Page with the gold and silver?
I would need to find one that has similar dimensions to the existing charts. We do have finviz charts for BTC and ETH at the side or bottom of the page depending upon whether you are browsing with a computer or phone.

Hmmm....

This one is a bit different.

From the link:

An alleged crypto “prodigy” from Canada who bilked clients out of millions of dollars was reportedly kidnapped and then tortured late last year.

According to various reports, 24-year-old self-described “crypto king” Aiden Pleterski collected AT LEAST $40/$41.5 million from clients that he was then supposed to invest into cryptocurrency and the foreign exchange market.

But instead of investing the money, he spent at least 38 percent — nearly $16 million — on living the high life, as seen below via his Instagram:

More:

Crypto markets are tanking on the news. I'm not sure how much practical effect it's going to have though as Binance had long ago separated the main Binance company/platform from a us based subsidiary. Most of their business is located outside the borders of the USA.

regulating crypto in general and Bitcoin specifically will end up like the regulation of cannabis during the War On Drugs

what do we call this one , War On Cryptos or Crypto Madness?

From the .PDF:

Zero knowledge proofs could mean improvements to transaction speeds and cost for transactions with Bitcoin.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…