Elections

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

My quick breakdown is as follows.
It's really a miracle that the red team wins anything anymore. In the coming years we will see less and less of this and here's why.
Once we get to where 50% of the population is living off the Gov it is next to impossible for the red team to win.
We currently have 22 million plus working for the gov. We have 50 million plus on SS and drawing a check. I have no idea how many are living on welfare but it's certainly in the many millions. How many on food stamps and SS disability?
The red team was talking about cutting SS benefits recently. Well, with 50 million relying on those payments to make ends meet that's not a good strategy for votes.
I dont know what all those numbers really add up to. For every married person who is working for .gov you can be sure the spouse is also probably voting blue. so take that 22 million and lets call it 30-35 million votes. How many on SS went blue? Even if only 1/2 did that's 25 million. When they stopped working they wanted as much as possible from .gov. free medical, food and cash to pay the bills. Another 10 mil on welfare at least and we are now over 60 million votes without even talking to those still working. How many 18-30 yr olds are pro abortion. Big topic this election.
I haven't even touched on all the imports (Refugees) that come here and start voting blue because they get shit tons of free shit. Ever wonder how all these foreigners come here and are able to start businesses as soon as they land? Gas stations and convenience stores in many cases. It's free government money that sets them up.
We have media, along with school systems that indoctrinate our kids to grow up to be good blue team members. Funny how this all happened with red team money via taxes and college tuitions.

High gas prices, high food prices, inflation close to or exceeding double digits. None of that matters to people who are making a living off the system and who get pay increases based on CPI or whatever metric they use to measure inflation for their pay.

The only 2 things that I see that will save us is 1) a meteor touches down in DC or some other natural disaster that shiuts down the gov. or 2) the clowns in DC spend so much that the rest of the world rejects the US dollar. #2 is more likely but may be another 7-10 years away.

I saw a story a couple of weeks ago that over 50% are dependent on the FedGov for income. Your mileage may vary.

have not verified this

View attachment 2549

I saw nobody under 25 at the polls on a day off Election Day. Kentucky.

"They" have perfected the "Art of the Steal".
They learn more every election. Almost got caught last time. This time they used a different strategy.
I saw a story a couple of weeks ago that over 50% are dependent on the FedGov for income. Your mileage may vary.

I saw nobody under 25 at the polls on a day off Election Day. Kentucky.
I saw that story as well. I know we talked about this on GIM in the past. Once we get over that 50% it's over. Here we are.

Those under 25 probably have mail in ballots. No need to waste gas to get to the voting booth.

1668008808588.png

I didn't know about the requesting a mail in from the State. News to me. I don't think most people even know about it. In person at the county seat before the election was the normal way for years, say you were going to be out of state on election day.

Note; this is the first time I have seen them use the term "Voting Center". Seems to be one of those things that are new everywhere but they act like that is something normal. IDK WTF is going on.

People don't want a handful of black robe wearing religious fanatics telling them what they can or cannot do with their own personal bodies and their own personal health care?
Yet those same people wanted those same Justices to expand the Right they already had to kill their babies.
So they throw a tantrum like a 3yo because it didn't go their way.

They shoulda left well enough alone, but no, 15 weeks to decide if they want a kid or not wasn't good enough for 'em.

Why can't they just accept the verdict they got in the same manner they expected everyone to accept their original victory in '73?

Not doing so makes them hypocrites.

People who worked all their lives for, and paid into, social security don't want to hear republicans telling them they want to take that away from them. Calling something they worked all their lives for, and paid into, an entitlement?
Why should it not be called what it is? To call it anything else would be telling a lie.
If you don't like that, it's only because the dems who set it up to begin with misled the People as to tje exact nature of SS and how it actually works.
It's also peoples fault for blindly believing those dems and not looking into it for themselves in order to find the truth of the matter.

Now we have a bunch of self entitled people who think they are owed something, come hell or high water.

At some point in coming years, those people are going to get a rude awakening one day.

People in the US need health care and are tired of paying more for that health care than any other country on the planet? Tired of not being able to afford doctor visits, hospital care and prescriptions?
Problem is, the only "solution" offered is to force everyone to buy $1000+ per Month insurance that comes with a several thousand $/year deductible.
....and not do anything to actually lower the cost of the health care itself.

How 'bout doing something that makes it so the average person can go see a doctor for minor issues without needing a $15,000 insurance policy first?

It seems no one in gov wants to work towards that goal.

People are tired of gun violence and tired of the republicans not willing to even talk about some commonsense gun law reforms.
The thing they offer is to ban guns.

It'll work just like the way they want abortion to go. Except in reverse.

With abortion they wamt no restrictions, and with guns they want full restriction.

Ie: they can't be happy with the many gun restrictions they already have gotten over the past 90 years. They won't rest until they have an outright ban on them and only criminals have them.
....and with abortions it started with, "we only want it in the first trimester". Now it's, "we want to kill 'em right up to the day of a full term delivery.

People are tired of the republicans bowing their collective heads to an ex-president who parades around saying "look at me - I'm so pretty - oh so pretty - look at me" and would prefer to move on from the 2020 election where the ex-president lost?
Because some people are upset that the numerous cases of sus activity during the last election won't be investigated.

Yet those same people insisted that cheating happened in '16, but even after spending $35 million and 3 whole years trying to prove it, came up empty.

All that was proven, was that those in gov pushing the idea knew all along that there was no evidence to support their claims.

Why is ok for dems to go on and on about how they were cheated out of a win, but as soon as anyone else says the same, they are told to stfu or be cancelled?

People do not want to hear a republican political candidate say that if he or she were elected they would overturn any election results they didn't like?
You mean like the dems have tried to do in 4 of the last 5 presidential elections they lost?

Again, they think it ok for them to try to do it, but anyone else who does it is an evil election denier.

How are they not hypocrites?

People are tired of bottom of the barrel candidates whose only claim to fame is they bow their heads to and worship an ex-president?
What are ya gonna do about that? Hold a gun to someones head in order make a better person run for office?
...or to make someone else not run?

We (in all parties) only get to choose from those who freely choose to throw their hat into the ring.
....and unfortunately, all fall short of perfection.

Last edited:
I didn't know about the requesting a mail in from the State. News to me. I don't think most people even know about it. ...

General:

Specific to Kentucky:
Absentee Voting By Mail

Reasons Eligible to Request a Mail-In Absentee Ballot on the Online Portal

1. A resident of Kentucky who is a covered voter as defined in KRS 117A.010;
  2. A student who temporarily resides outside the county of his or her residence;
  3. Incarcerated in jail and charged with a crime, but has not been convicted of the crime;
  4. Changing or has changed his or her place of residence to a different state while the registration books are closed in the new state of residence before an election of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, in which case the voter shall be permitted to cast a mail-in absentee ballot for electors for President and Vice President of the United States only;
  5. Temporarily residing outside the state but still eligible to vote in this state;
  6. Prevented from voting in person at the polls on election day and from casting an excused or no-excuse in-person absentee ballot on all days in-person absentee voting is conducted because he or she will be absent from the county of his or her residence all hours and all days excused or no-excuse in person absentee voting is conducted;
  7. A participant in the Secretary of State's crime victim address confidentiality protection program as authorized by KRS 14.312; or
  8. Not able to appear at the polls on election day or the days excused or no-excuse in-person absentee voting is conducted on the account of age, disability, or illness, and who has not been declared mentally disabled by a court of competent jurisdiction.

I voted by mail for a total of 20 years in the Army. I know about that.

Yet those same people wanted those same Justices to expand the Right they already had to kill their babies.
So they throw a tantrum like a 3yo because it didn't go their way.

They shoulda left well enough alone, but no, 15 weeks to decide if they want a kid or not wasn't good enough for 'em.

Why can't they just accept the verdict they got in the same manner they expected everyone to accept their original victory in '73?

Not doing so makes them hypocrites.

Why should it not be called what it is? To call it anything else would be telling a lie.
If you don't like that, it's only because the dems who set it up to begin with misled the People as to tje exact nature of SS and how it actually works.
It's also peoples fault for blindly believing those dems and not looking into it for themselves in order to find the truth of the matter.

Now we have a bunch of self entitled people who think they are owed something, come hell or high water.

At some point in coming years, those people are going to get a rude awakening one day.

Problem is, the only "solution" offered is to force everyone to buy $1000+ per Month insurance that comes with a several thousand $/year deductible.
....and not do anything to actually lower the cost of the health care itself.

How 'bout doing something that makes it so the average person can go see a doctor for minor issues without needing a $15,000 insurance policy first?

It seems no one in gov wants to work towards that goal.

The thing they offer is to ban guns.

It'll work just like the way they want abortion to go. Except in reverse.

With abortion they wamt no restrictions, and with guns they want full restriction.

Ie: they can't be happy with the many gun restrictions they already have gotten over the past 90 years. They won't rest until they have an outright ban on them and only criminals have them.
....and with abortions it started with, "we only want it in the first trimester". Now it's, "we want to kill 'em right up to the day of a full term delivery.

Because some people are upset that the numerous cases of sus activity during the last election won't be investigated.

Yet those same people insisted that cheating happened in '16, but even after spending $35 million and 3 whole years trying to prove it, came up empty.

All that was proven, was that those in gov pushing the idea knew all along that there was no evidence to support their claims.

Why is ok for dems to go on and on about how they were cheated out of a win, but as soon as anyone else says the same, they are told to stfu or be cancelled?

You mean like the dems have tried to do in 4 of the last 5 presidential elections they lost?

Again, they think it ok for them to try to do it, but anyone else who does it is an evil election denier.

How are they not hypocrites?

What are ya gonna do about that? Hold a gun to someones head in order make a better person run for office?
...or to make someone else not run?

We (in all parties) only get to choose from those who freely choose to throw their hat into the ring.
....and unfortunately, all fall short of perfection.

I must give credit where credit is due. You're a pro. No ifs, ands or buts about it. You can take anything that someone says and come up with a way to argue or debate it. Hat's off to you Joe.

(y)

Today is a good day. Let's not worry - let's be happy.

I must give credit where credit is due. You're a pro. No ifs, ands or buts about it. You can take anything that someone says and come up with a way to argue or debate it. Hat's off to you Joe.
Yet you have no answer as to why the dems always insist that everyone else respect their victories, but then insist on challenging anyone else's victories?

They challenged presidential electors four times out the their last 5 loses. Why are only they allowed to do that?

They also accused those who beat them of having cheated.

I really would like to know why it's ok for them to do it, but not ok for anyone else to do it to them.

The only good thing about Fetterman, is that with his medical condition anything he has anything to do with will take a lot longer.
....and a gov that takes longer to do stuff is good thing, as it means less stuff will get done.

Trump's the king when it comes to that.

I really would like to know why it's ok for them to do it, but not ok for anyone else to do it to them.

Trump has been doing it for about 8 years now. Making claims long before an election that if he loses it is because the election was rigged. Now all sorts of repubs are doing it. So you'll have to ask the ones who make the claims why they make them. As for me...........I vote then accept the results.

Last edited:
The only good thing about Fetterman, is that with his medical condition anything he has anything to do with will take a lot longer.
....and a gov that takes longer to do stuff is good thing, as it means less stuff will get done.

Just my opinion but Fetterman is actually from PA. Oz isn't. He's a carpet bagging snake oil salesman who only wanted to get into power so that he could do things to enrich his own greedy ass. Who, in their right mind, would knowingly vote for a con artist.

Oz, Trump and Trump Jr made fun of Fetterman because of his stroke.

Well the guy who had the stroke beat Trump's lackey in a fair election. At least Oz did the right thing and conceded. Must give him credit for that. Trump could learn something there.

Did you enjoy the tune?

Really? If so, then the dems who spent $35 million and nearly 4 years gas lighting the nation in a desperate attempt to somehow prove that Trump cheated, must be the Overlords of the Universe. Lol

Trump has been doing it for about 8 years now. Making claims long before an election that if he loses it because the election was rigged. Now all sorts of repubs are doing it. So you'll have to ask the ones who make the claims why they make them.
The only ones making claims like that back in '16, were the dems. They were cock-of-the-walk sure that their hag absolutely could not lose.
.....and then immediately started claiming that their hag was cheated out of a win.

As for me...........I vote then accept the results.
Yet you cannot accept losing in court?

You obviously accepted the Roe win in '73 that those handful of black robe wearing athiest fanatics gave us.

So why not accept this ruling the same way?

They challenged presidential electors four times out the their last 5 loses. Why are only they allowed to do that?
Because they are controlled opposition. Saul Alinskies whiney little yappy dog bitches
because he knows the Deep States playbook... using it against them.

If Joe Biden can get 81 million votes then I guess anything is possible. My favorite President got in when his Daddy helped to rig Illinois. This has always been rigged guess I was too dumb to know.

(y)

Today is a good day. Let's not worry - let's be happy.

back at ya bro from the east

Fetterman will step aside for another, health reasons don't you know. Does the governor appoint a replacement in PA?

My mother's family beach house was near the Kennedy's. They hung out playing. My sister has a picture of them on the stairs to a beachhouse, wooden, all the boys and ma. She appears to be about 10 or 12, it is her for sure, it was obvious.

mooooooOOOO!

Last edited:
If Joe Biden can get 81 million votes then I guess anything is possible. My favorite President got in when his Daddy helped to rig Illinois. This has always been rigged guess I was too dumb to know.
I was there but about 27" tall. We loved it. The Steal. Kingmaker.

Oz, Trump and Trump Jr made fun of Fetterman because of his stroke.
Try to remember who started the whole "making fun" of bs.

That'd be the dems who made fun of everything they could think of about Trump.
....his hair, his skin, his hands, his mental acuity, among other things.

Why is it ok for his detractors to be able say anything they want to say about him for years on end, but if he dare say anything bad about one of theirs, they cry foul?

Just more dem hypocrisy.

Not making fun, why are people with documented brain surgeries and injuries, even brain cancer, in the highest public office?

Why wouldn't that be the number one disqualification for elected office?

asking for a rational human being.

Really? If so, then the dems who spent $35 million and nearly 4 years gas lighting the nation in a desperate attempt to somehow prove that Trump cheated, must be the Overlords of the Universe. Lol

The only ones making claims like that back in '16, were the dems. They were cock-of-the-walk sure that their hag absolutely could not lose.
.....and then immediately started claiming that their hag was cheated out of a win.

Yet you cannot accept losing in court?

You obviously accepted the Roe win in '73 that those handful of black robe wearing athiest fanatics gave us.

So why not accept this ruling the same way?

Try to remember who started the whole "making fun" of bs.

That'd be the dems who made fun of everything they could think of about Trump.
....his hair, his skin, his hands, his mental acuity, among other things.

Why is it ok for his detractors to be able say anything they want to say about him for years on end, but if he dare say anything bad about one of theirs, they cry foul?

Just more dem hypocrisy.

Not making fun, why are people with documented brain surgeries and injuries, even brain cancer, in the highest public office?

Why wouldn't that be the number one disqualification for elected office?

asking for a rational human being.

That's a good question. I've wondered it myself but don't have an answer.

My take fwiw.

Could it be that:

- People don't want a handful of black robe wearing religious fanatics telling them what they can or cannot do with their own personal bodies and their own personal health care?
- People who worked all their lives for, and paid into, social security don't want to hear republicans telling them they want to take that away from them. Calling something they worked all their lives for, and paid into, an entitlement?
- People in the US need health care and are tired of paying more for that health care than any other country on the planet? Tired of not being able to afford doctor visits, hospital care and prescriptions?
- People are tired of gun violence and tired of the republicans not willing to even talk about some commonsense gun law reforms.
- People are tired of the republicans bowing their collective heads to an ex-president who parades around saying "look at me - I'm so pretty - oh so pretty - look at me" and would prefer to move on from the 2020 election where the ex-president lost?
- People do not want to hear a republican political candidate say that if he or she were elected they would overturn any election results they didn't like?
- People are tired of bottom of the barrel candidates whose only claim to fame is they bow their heads to and worship an ex-president?

If you want people to vote for you - you need to give them a reason to vote for you. Talking crazy may be the thing to do in MAGA land or on fantasy island but it won't get your bread buttered in the real world.

Maybe the repubs will eventually see the light. Only time will tell.

Onward and upward.
“…need to give a then a reason to vote for you.”

Like candidate Basement Joe? What did he offer? If you’re going hammer the Reds then hammer the Blues, too.

This all goes back to previous posts in this thread that touched on Republic voting “qualifications” verses Democracy “if you can fill a diaper you can vote” “rights”.

The hard truth for Conservatives to come to terms with is that it is probable that 50% of the country has actually swallowed the Blue Kool-Aid, for whatever reason, and that the swallowing has transpired over several decades. No one election is going to change the course that we are on. It is past time to take the Left seriously, pick our collective face up out of our own “just leave me alone and I’ll leave you alone mentality”- because they ain’t gonna leave you alone, in case you haven’t figured that out yet- and dig in for our own decades long and multi-generational slog.

There is nowhere to run to in the World that is going to isolate you from what is happening. They are polluting and corrupting Conservative havens (States) as we speak. They are a virus.

Last edited:
“…need to give a then a reason to vote for you.”

Like candidate Basement Joe? What did he offer? If you’re going hammer the Reds then hammer the Blues, too.

This all goes back to previous posts in this thread that touched on Republic voting “qualifications” verses Democracy “if you can fill a diaper you can vote” “rights”.

The hard truth for Conservatives to come to terms with is that it is probable that 50% of the country has actually swallowed the Blue Kool-Aid, for whatever reason, and that the swallowing has transpired over several decades. No one election is going to change the course that we are on. It is past time to take the Left seriously, pick out collective face up out of our own “just leave me alone and I’ll you alone mentality”- because they ain’t gonna leave you alone, in case you haven’t figured that out yet- and dig in for our own decades long and multi-generational slog.

There is nowhere to run to in the World that is going to isolate you from what is happening. They are polluting and corrupting Conservative havens (States) as we speak. They are a virus.
mmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooh!

If you’re going hammer the Reds then hammer the Blues, too.

Have been doing that for some time now. Before Trump I was a registered R. His crazy act changed that.

Both R & B's are far from perfect. But right now, for me, the b's are the only ones who talk about and act on the issues I'm concerned with. Gotta go with them until something better comes along, if it ever does.

Yet you have no answer as to why the dems always insist that everyone else respect their victories, but then insist on challenging anyone else's victories?

The repulicrats sold their spines long ago.

While I'm at it:

Back
Top Bottom