Elections

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Waiting for a Deus Ex Machina End to the Trump Era​

Opinion by McKay Coppins • 1h ago

Press them hard enough, and most Republican officials—even the ones with MAGA hats in their closets and Mar-a-Lago selfies in their Twitter avatar—will privately admit that Donald Trump has become a problem. He’s presided over three abysmal election cycles since he took office, he is more unstable than ever, and yet he returned to the campaign trail this past weekend, declaring that he is “angry” and determined to win the GOP presidential nomination again in 2024. Aside from his most blinkered loyalists, virtually everyone in the party agrees: It’s time to move on from Trump.

But ask them how they plan to do that, and the discussion quickly veers into the realm of hopeful hypotheticals. Maybe he’ll get indicted and his legal problems will overwhelm him. Maybe he’ll flame out early in the primaries, or just get bored with politics and wander away. Maybe the situation will resolve itself naturally: He’s old, after all—how many years can he have left?

This magical thinking pervaded my recent conversations with more than a dozen current and former elected GOP officials and party strategists. Faced with the prospect of another election cycle dominated by Trump and uncertain that he can actually be beaten in the primaries, many Republicans are quietly rooting for something to happen that will make him go away. And they would strongly prefer not to make it happen themselves.

Read the rest:

check out the maps

Kari Lake DESTROYS Stephen Richer And Bill Gates’ Lies With Maricopa County Heat Map And Locations Of Machine Failures On Election Day, AT LEAST 7,000 Ballots Rejected EVERY 30 Minutes (VIDEO)​

By Jordan Conradson
Published January 31, 2023

Kari Lake came out swinging at the Arizona establishment RINOs and Democrats responsible for the stolen 2022 Election on Sunday at her MASSIVE Save Arizona rally.

Kari Lake’s rally exceeded capacity, with thousands skipping the last pre-Super Bowl NFL playoff game and turning out to see their duly elected Governor take on the lies promulgated by the mainstream media and leftist politicians.

A group funded by billionaire Charles Koch will work to support a Republican presidential nominee other than Donald Trump, concluding in a strategy memo that “we need to turn the page on the past.”

The organization, Americans for Prosperity, has stayed out of the last two presidential cycles but has concluded it needs to engage now as Trump mounts his third consecutive White House run. The memo released Sunday doesn’t mention the former president by name but is unambiguous in its purpose.

“To write a new chapter for our country, we need to turn the page on the past,” the document reads. “So the best thing for the country would be to have a president in 2025 who represents a new chapter. The American people have shown that they’re ready to move on, and so AFP will help them do that.”

AFP Memo:

Wouldn't that be more correctly stated "Koch founded a group pushing Republicans to turn the page on Donald Trump"

One of them died if I recall.

One did die, but I think the article is referring to the political network they cooked up together. A witches brew I dare say.

Now..........will Mango Don take the hint? Will he squawk like a wounded bird? Will he declare the republican party DOA and announce he's running under his own banner?

Wouldn't that be more correctly stated "Koch founded a group pushing Republicans to turn the page on Donald Trump"

One of them died if I recall.

Americans for Prosperity (AFP), founded in 2004, is a libertarian conservative political advocacy group in the United States funded by Charles Koch and formerly his brother David.[6] As the Koch brothers' primary political advocacy group, it is one of the most influential American conservative organizations.[7][8]

After the 2009 inauguration of President Barack Obama, AFP helped transform the Tea Party movement into a political force. It organized significant opposition to Obama administration initiatives such as global warming regulation, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the expansion of Medicaid and economic stimulus. It helped turn back cap and trade, the major environmental proposal of Obama's first term. AFP advocated for limits on the collective bargaining rights of public-sector trade unions and for right-to-work laws, and it opposed raising the federal minimum wage. AFP played an active role in the achievement of the Republican majority in the House of Representatives in 2010 and in the Senate in 2014.

In the 2014 mid-term election cycle, AFP led all groups, other than political action committees (PACs), in spending on political television advertising. AFP's scope of operations has drawn comparisons to political parties. ...

More:

Nikki Haley, a former governor for South Carolina and United Nation's ambassador, announced she was entering the 2024 presidential race on Tuesday, making her the first Republican to challenge her former boss and ex-President Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.

Haley, 51, dug into the difference in ages between 80-year-old President Joe Biden and her challenger Trump, who's 76. While Biden hasn't formally announced his candidacy, he's expected to do so in the coming weeks.

"Republicans have lost the popular vote in seven out of the last eight presidential elections. That has to change," Haley said in a video posted to her Twitter account. She called for a new generation of leaders, saying Biden's record was "abysmal" and that the "Washington establishment has failed us over and over and over again."

In announcing her run a day before she's scheduled a formal campaign launch in Charleston, S.C., Haley called for fiscal responsibility and secured borders.

From the link:

In late November 2020, Berkeley Research Group was brought in “to study 2020 election results in six states, looking for fraud and irregularities to highlight in public and in the courts,” the Post reported. “Among the areas examined were voter machine malfunctions, instances of dead people voting and any evidence that could help Trump show he won.” The findings from the roughly dozen researchers were reportedly shared with Trump, then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and others in a December 2020 conference call. Rather than bow to the evidence, Meadows “showed skepticism” of the firm’s conclusions, the Post reported, and Trump and his team did nothing to slow their deluge of efforts to overturn the election.

It all led to January 6, and then disgrace and ultimate defeat. And all along many Republicans complained that telling GOP voters to avoid early voting gave Democrats an advantage. A two-to-one advantage in the percentage of Democrats as compared to Republicans voting by mail in 2020 wound up being crucial. And finally, Trump is agreeing that’s unsustainable, as the Wall Street Journal reports:​

Word on the street (Congress is now investigating) is the event was planned by Pelosi & Co. (FBI/CIA?). Otherwise why would they block thousands of hours of video recordings and delete what Trump tweeted about remaining peaceful?

They lie when the truth would do.
After years of assailing early voting, Donald Trump is having a change of heart. …
Mr. Trump highlighted the move in a fundraising email this week, saying, “The radical Democrats have used ballot harvesting to cancel out YOUR vote and walk away with elections that they NEVER should have won. But I’m doing something HUGE to fight back.”
The email added, “Our path forward is to MASTER the Democrats’ own game of harvesting ballots in every state we can. But that also means we need to start laying the foundation for victory RIGHT NOW.”
Now this isn’t just a strategic retreat, much less an admission that critics of his attacks on voting by mail were right all along. Trump is essentially claiming Republicans need to engage in as much electoral skullduggery as Democrats in order to win.

i.e., cheating.

Remember all the MSM perseverating ad infinitum about Trump's going to prison for meddling in Georgia's election because of a phone call??

Turns out it was a nothing burger

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 12.37.44 PM.png

FWIW:
I’ve written more than once about how the rival “voter suppression” and “ballot integrity” schools of left and right encourage an alarmist picture of an American electoral system in crisis, even though the evidence by and large shows the election system we have tending to work pretty well. A few stories from recent weeks help to throw more cold water on the alarmism:

I've been wondering what she did this ever since I saw the interview.

The revelation that the Georgia special grand jury investigating election interference by Donald Trump and his allies in the state recommended indictments for multiple people on a range of charges in its final report could jeopardize the former president's prosecution, experts have said.

I came to this web site in my ongoing search for truth. Instead, I find myself having to wade through a rising tide of noxious left-wing sputum from a moderator who, I am finding, is being garrisoned in the act.

What do I think is garbage? I believe my posts are self-explanatory, but I'll humor the subject and provide one example:

Georgia Grand Jury’s Report Is Garbage Because Fulton County D.A. Fed Them Garbage To ‘Get Trump'​

BREAKING: CRAZY EYES CLOUT-CHASING WICCAN THEATER KID THINKS SHE CAN TAKE DOWN TRUMP
Not an Onion headline

On today’s episode of Human Events Daily, Jack Posobiec breaks down Georgia Grand Jury foreperson, Emily Kohrs and her uncomfortable obsession with former President Donald Trump and her clout-chasing quest to see him indicted. Poso also dissects the latest from 9/11 lawyer who gave an ominous warning to the people afflicted by the ecological disaster in East Palestine. Poso then gives an unfiltered breakdown of recent polls that show a shocking lack of support for the war in Ukraine, despite what mainstream media reports - all this and more on today’s HUMAN EVENTS DAILY!
podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/

Edited: Link I posted was pulled. It had some on the funny stuff Emily was into: spells, curses, incantations, etc. Shame.............it was good for a laugh.

Last edited:
As an American citizen, I am gratified to hear that a Georgia special grand jury has recommended indictments against more than a dozen people for election fraud. But as a former prosecutor, I am mortified that a grand juror is talking about it publicly.

On Tuesday, Emily Kohrs, the foreperson of the special grand jury in Fulton County, went on a media tour of sorts, giving interviews to NBC News, The New York Times, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and other news outlets, and she is apparently enjoying her moment in the spotlight. She revealed the names of witnesses who testified; Rudy Giuliani left her star-struck; Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., was “personable”; former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows “shared very little.” She told us that some witnesses were immunized. She confirmed that the jurors had listened to a recording of former President Donald Trump’s phone call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and had discussed the slate of alternate electors. Although she did not reveal the names of any of the people the grand jury recommended indictments for, when she was asked whether Trump was one of them, she replied: “You’re not going to be shocked. It’s not rocket science.” Yikes.

I've attended my State's GOP convention several times. Folks like Emily are a dime a dozen there - star struck by political celebrities. You aren't going to find any high level discourse with these people on any topic. Unfortunately, what George Carlin famously said applies here.

George-Carlin-Quotes-3-1024x640.jpg

At long last, the cover-up surrounding Arizona’s 2020 election has been unveiled. And it was, indeed, a conspiracy.

A conspiracy of silence, that is. An outrageous cover-up of the truth.

It seems investigators with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office reported beginning in March 2022 that they could find no evidence of any widespread fraud in the 2020 election.

Then-AG Mark Brnovich, who was at the time courting the Republican vote for the U.S. Senate, kept the results of the investigation private.

More:

Good for a laugh.

Multiple pins from a Pinterest board purportedly run by Emily Kohrs promoted literature about “Wicca, Witchcraft & Paganism,” in addition to several pins devoted to spell casting.

Yeah, right... it's almost as if Obama was at the meeting....

Feds Inadvertently Reveal They’re Looking Into Trump’s Shady ‘Recount’ Campaign​

When the Federal Elections Commission rejected a recent Freedom of Information Act request related to Donald Trump’s “recount” expenses after the 2020 election, the campaign watchdog had a conspicuous reason for turning down the petition: Trump’s political spending after he left the White House is currently the subject of an FEC enforcement matter.

According to agency records obtained by The Daily Beast, the FEC rejected a FOIA request—filed Dec. 20 by a nonpartisan research group that shared the documents on condition of anonymity—because those records may involve an active inquiry.

“To the extent that the records you requested concern an ongoing FEC enforcement matter, we can neither confirm nor deny that any such records exist,” the agency’s FOIA attorney wrote in the letter, which was shared with The Daily Beast.

Back
Top Bottom