Firearms Thread-Questions-Answers & Pictures

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BigJim

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
Firearms discussion.
2nd Amendment Issues
Questions & Answers
Pictures
Anything else you can think about firearms.

🔫

Received this from Palmetto State Armory. I'm not affiliated with this company.

Just yesterday, I learned about the existence of the Ruger BX trigger. It's a light pull drop in replacement for the 10/22. There were some good reviews on Cabelas. Any opinions here?

I really like my Kidd trigger for the 10-22 and don’t forget the extended mag release.

carrying on a empty chamber works good on revolvers as it was intended ........ (lol im working on my post count so i can post pictures)
Still got ya covered bro!

Post away....

gqJCFW.gif

Just yesterday, I learned about the existence of the Ruger BX trigger. It's a light pull drop in replacement for the 10/22. There were some good reviews on Cabelas. Any opinions here?
I put one in my 10/22...noticeable improvement...not overly expensive...zero complaints....super easy to swap in and out.

Yeah, We discussed this elsewhere. Here is an excellent video for police type training in potential Life / Death situation.
Far too many MOVIES make believe one shot is good enough. IT IS NOT. When defending life /lives , property one shoots until the Aggression has ceased. ( If it is good enough for police to train on it is good enough for "We the People"to train to also.
AKA" DO NOT SEND ONE WHEN TWO OR MORE WILL DO THE TRICK" ( Sad note for a tombstone "HE WAS SAVING AMMUNITION"):

28 yrs of LEO experience writing this this.gb

Houston is having another gun buyback event. Local news made sure to let us know that they were not accepting 3D printed guns this time.
So 3D printed firearms are cool on the street with the man now? Weird that.

Please tell me that the 'flauge is on new age snake guns and that you didn't have the old school one desecrated.
That's a pair of rarely seen factory finish anaconda made one year 1996 with scopes n all, vintage, very few made, even came with matching monogrammed soft cases... called " realtree anaconda" ....over the years I have ran into 2 of them and added them to the collection....personally my gun style is great wood and blue or case hardened metal but these are very unique

Last edited by a moderator:

What if gun owners had to pass a test? Czech Republic offers an answer.​

Story by Chico Harlan, Ladka Bauerova • 1h ago

PRAGUE — When eight people had taken their seats in the classroom, the proctor put on his glasses and said it was time to begin. He took attendance. He glowered as one person walked in late. He described how the test would work — 30 multiple-choice questions, 40 minutes — and how to properly mark an X on the answer sheet. Then he ordered phones away; only a pen and paper, he said, were permitted on the table.

“If anybody needs to go to the toilet, now is the time,” he said.

The test had all the tedious markings of a high school exam, down to the motivational poster on the wall saying “I will.”

But in the Czech Republic, this is part of how you obtain a gun.

Full article:

Wanted to verify article. My verification:

What if gun owners had to pass a test? Czech Republic offers an answer.​

Story by Chico Harlan, Ladka Bauerova • 1h ago

PRAGUE — When eight people had taken their seats in the classroom, the proctor put on his glasses and said it was time to begin. He took attendance. He glowered as one person walked in late. He described how the test would work — 30 multiple-choice questions, 40 minutes — and how to properly mark an X on the answer sheet. Then he ordered phones away; only a pen and paper, he said, were permitted on the table.

“If anybody needs to go to the toilet, now is the time,” he said.

The test had all the tedious markings of a high school exam, down to the motivational poster on the wall saying “I will.”

But in the Czech Republic, this is part of how you obtain a gun.

Full article:

Wanted to verify article. My verification:

We had a version of that when I was growing up in Pennsylvania. It was called a gun safety course and you had to pass it before you could get your first hunting license. Only requirements were that you were at least 12 years of age. I think that every 12 year old boy and girl in Pennsylvania took and passed that course. At least, in my neck of the woods, they did.

We had a version of that when I was growing up in Pennsylvania. It was called a gun safety course and you had to pass it before you could get your first hunting license. Only requirements were that you were at least 12 years of age. I think that every 12 year old boy and girl in Pennsylvania took and passed that course. At least, in my neck of the woods, they did.

Thanks for the constant MSM (especially MSN) articles to reeducate us here. We miss a lot of those when you went on a deletion rampage at GIM2. What’s your best source, Democratic Underground?

Yes, we need government involvement in the 2nd A. Pass an approved test to own a gun. Need that for the 1st A too! Government test before allowed to publish, etc.

I have no problem with Hunter Safety Courses. Especially for would be hunters coming out of Urban and suburban areas.
Prudy sure the average farm family and farming community would not need it but then stay and hunt your own property.

Some years ago, I went with my daughter to a hunter safety class. Some of it was really basic, but some was informative, like how to cross a fence or stream. When covering what directions are safe to shoot, the instructor asked for examples. I whispered to my daughter, "dirt", and surprisingly, nobody else volunteered that. Was that "too obvious", or did they just not think of it? Maybe it is good to cover everything anyway.

There was also the classes of game, how the tag system works, and shot placement.

And as the joke goes, if you accidentally shot your buddy, DON'T gut him!

Some years ago, I went with my daughter to a hunter safety class. Some of it was really basic, but some was informative, like how to cross a fence or stream. When covering what directions are safe to shoot, the instructor asked for examples. I whispered to my daughter, "dirt", and surprisingly, nobody else volunteered that. Was that "too obvious", or did they just not think of it? Maybe it is good to cover everything anyway.

There was also the classes of game, how the tag system works, and shot placement.

And as the joke goes, if you accidentally shot your buddy, DON'T gut him!
I went to one of these classes when the state of Ohio first began to offer them. If you were under 50yrs old you had to prove you took the course unless you have an previous old hunting license.
Many in the class was there just to get the Hunter Safety Card and just sat there waiting to get out. Very little participation from the Know-it-all- members in the class.
I still don't get out as often as I like but still got useful info from the class way back when.

I have a New York Pistol permit. And Explosives License.

Issued without bullshit because I was an ex-GI.

Dunno if that has changed.

Back
Top Bottom