GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I think there may (key word is may) have been a fire at his place right around the time he passed.

Ponce Cuba remembered

GIM still up, I just checked in over there.
Yeah, it's back up.

Must have been Scorpio, or Admin, flashing the lights...last call for alco-hall, last call for alco-hall...

Remember those days, of your wasted youth? When you thought getting drunk in a dive-bar and picking up a slut even drunker, was the height of sophistication?

Yeah, it's back up.

Must have been Scorpio, or Admin, flashing the lights...last call for alco-hall, last call for alco-hall...

Remember those days, of your wasted youth? When you thought getting drunk in a dive-bar and picking up a slut even drunker, was the height of sophistication?

Sophistication is over rated.

Now some they do and some they don't
And some you just can't tell
And some they will and some they won't
With some it's just as well

This one is a link to GIM1 on the wayback machine. Couldn't get any of the actual threads to open but if you play around a bit you'll see the different topics discussed and members names.

Some members went on to have their own forums, blogs, etc.

Since gim2 is history, I am wondering if anyone has the site address for gim3? I thought I was covered but something happened to that piece of information for the site. The way that mind is remembering the address is: Http://www.goldismoney3,freeforum.it but I keep getting directed away from where I want to be. Any help is appreciated.

Since gim2 is history, I am wondering if anyone has the site address for gim3? I thought I was covered but something happened to that piece of information for the site. The way that mind is remembering the address is: Http://www.goldismoney3,freeforum.it but I keep getting directed away from where I want to be. Any help is appreciated.

Have a problem guys and I'm asking for some help here.

No one has done anything wrong but the constant advertising for gim3 needs to stop. Been talking about it in the management section and it's becoming a bit too much.

The site owner (your host) has allowed it to help you guys out but it's wearing a bit thin. So as a favor to me could we end it here today.

I hope you realize that it's not good forum etiquette to advertise for a forum on a different forum. Most places don't take too kindly to it and some get out right nasty over it.

In fact, Scorpio didn't tolerate it at all. On more than one occasion gimers who did that on gim were given a vaca. Especially when the offender mentioned the containment forum. That was an absolute no-no.

If anyone needs the address of another forum you can do a pm and ask that way. And I hope you would include me in that. I'm pretty good at coming up with internet addresses, forum names, etc. All ya gotta do is ask, and if I can help, I will.

Thanks guys.

Have a problem guys and I'm asking for some help here.

No one has done anything wrong but the constant advertising for gim3 needs to stop. Been talking about it in the management section and it's becoming a bit too much.

The site owner (your host) has allowed it to help you guys out but it's wearing a bit thin. So as a favor to me could we end it here today.

I hope you realize that it's not good forum etiquette to advertise for a forum on a different forum. Most places don't take too kindly to it and some get out right nasty over it.

In fact, Scorpio didn't tolerate it at all. On more than one occasion gimers who did that on gim were given a vaca. Especially when the offender mentioned the containment forum. That was an absolute no-no.

If anyone needs the address of another forum you can do a pm and ask that way. And I hope you would include me in that. I'm pretty good at coming up with internet addresses, forum names, etc. All ya gotta do is ask, and if I can help, I will.

Thanks guys.
I think you're a little premature there, search.
Our old alma mater just closed yesterday and there WILL BE peeps searching for alternatives. And you want to be like our vaunted media and, thru applied censorship, deny informed choices.
I agree, advertising for a competitive site should be disallowed, but if someone needs the address of another gold focused site that ex-Gimmers are congregating it should be allowed for a reasonable amount of time. Not forever, just reasonable. And one day ain't reasonable.
JMSO,
BF

I think you're a little premature there, search.
I agree, advertising for a competitive site should be disallowed, ...

Folks have been posting links to GIM3 since Feb 1 - for over a month now.

I've already allowed a link to GIM3 in the GIM2 Last Days thread and there are now two links here in this thread. PMBug visitors that have an interest can find GIM3. There is no need to keep posting GIM3 links all over this site. If a member asks for it because they can't find it, please send them a PM.

Whats weird is that I posted that on GIM (from publicly available ICANN) and the post was deleted as it was "inappropriate"? Frank seems a little touchy.
Folks have been posting links to GIM3 since Feb 1 - for over a month now.

I've already allowed a link to GIM3 in the GIM2 Last Days thread and there are now two links here in this thread. PMBug visitors that have an interest can find GIM3. There is no need to keep posting GIM3 links all over this site. If a member asks for it because they can't find it, please send them a PM.
And I respect that. It's Bug's house, but I don't like the rules, so I choose not to visit anymore. No hatred, no anger, just disagree as is my right to do. Peace all. I wish you the best and much success. Life is too short to spend it arguing. Keep stacking and if you want to contact me, I'll be on the "other site" my brothers and sisters.

And I respect that. It's Bug's house, but I don't like the rules, so I choose not to visit anymore. No hatred, no anger, just disagree as is my right to do. Peace all. I wish you the best and much success. Life is too short to spend it arguing. Keep stacking and if you want to contact me, I'll be on the "other site" my brothers and sisters.

Barrettone

I post on other forums besides here. You can do it too. Post here.........post there. Just gotta go along to get along so - to -speak.

BTW...............Liked how you put things.

Search

I never thought posting was an "either, or" but not "both". Live and learn.

It's cool. Us guys over in the refugee camp all settled in and becoming self sufficient. I won't bitch any more about delisting ads for real estate over there <heh>. sorry.
BF

Goldhedge posted a link to this place in a different thread. Played around a little and came up with this.....

Scroll down to "US Gold Bureau" and click onto the link. Hell.............just play around a bit. I think someone may have bought the domain.

Goldhedge posted a link to this place in a different thread. Played around a little and came up with this.....

Scroll down to "US Gold Bureau" and click onto the link. Hell.............just play around a bit. I think someone may have bought the domain.
That's what I gleaned as well... but one would think Archive would have more recent copies of the old place...?

Maybe jp morgan?

No change in ownership, so just Frank cashing in on the name as usual with a different cheaper host but still registered through GoDaddy

gim20606231.JPG

It looks to me like the domain expired and was acquired by someone else. It's possible that scorpio renewed the domain after expiration, but it doesn't make much sense. If he was going to renew the domain, it would have been less expensive/hassle to renew it prior to the expiration. The new whois info indicates that the domain was renewed almost a month after the original expiration date, so I expect that someone else has acquired it post expiration.

I am not into forum politics but, that being said, I did go to that site and it looks like someone will be setting up a gold investment/sales site there

I am not into forum politics but, that being said, I did go to that site and it looks like someone will be setting up a gold investment/sales site there
yeah me to ..... much good luck to who ever owns it in their future endeavors

Hyvemine. They radacley threw me in Twitter Jail. As an added bonus verizon deactivated my phone Guess I celebrated America too hard for the narrative.

Click on the "contact us" page and send a message asking, "is that you scorp'?" lol

they may have sold but I didn't here about it. And normally would.
People were after the site for years prior to the bears days/

Could also be a click bait site for getting info???????

It's just a demonstration site, now. Show interested parties, looking to see if a URL is available, what it might contain if they bought it.

This frequently happens. How do I know this? I've seen six or more sites die...sites like GIM or this one. Some, the owner got turned or lost interest. In at least one, he died messily in a car crash...the site was abandoned for a time, with users still contributing; but when the bill came due there was no check. It went down, just like GIM2. Odd algo-generated front-page content.

He's still active....................

Most likely he is in Poland as we speak.

percentage of americans who own precious metals?

Many of the newsletters and consultants that advise people to buy precious metals estimate that between 1% and 3% of the American population owns precious metals.

how much is 97% of 3%?
What ever happened to Buck?

Back
Top Bottom