GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You are a mixed bag to me. Your political position is atrocious. Cast in concrete. And wrong.

Thanks. You made me smile. That said................I'm really not the lefty some people believe me to be. Vote in every election.......but pick people from both parties that I think will best serve my best interests. When it comes to my political posts no one should take them seriously. I don't.

As to gim3..........I give Bigfoot a lot of credit. Takes initiative, fortitude and guts to do what he did. Hope it works out well for all involved.

Had Scorp gone along with me I would have only deleted my personal shit. But he was gonna let me know my place. lol

All water under the bridge and gim is soon to be no more. Nothing that happened there means jack shit in the real world. Remember gim1? It went poof. #2 will go poof.
As said before by others...it takes a singular, and motivated, person to manage such a board. For all its faults - and I've felt the lash of his tongue and ban-hammer - GIM2 was a very-unusual place, maybe the best discussion board I'd ever found.

We don't know the heat Scorpio was facing, behind the scenes. I know the lower-ranking Fed narcs watch such sites. It was Homeland inSecurity inquiries that led to the termination of the NewsMax board, 20 years ago...online, I knew Administrator 2 over there, later on his own board, for a time. (No question it was the same guy; in the last days he was linking to his own site, Boot To The Skull).

The Feebs poke around, and ask about certain posts, and essentially ask, why do you allow it?...and that's a message. We don't like it - fark that Free Speech excrement; we know who you are and you can remove that. Make it happen.

I remember those years well. The Internet was going to bring true Free Speech to the People, right? Online anarchy.

It sure hasn't happened that way.

Heard barnacle bob has gone ban happy. lol

Maybe pent-up emotions coming to the surface after years of holding it all in? lol

I've always hated this mo-fo's posts. I'll show him! Gonna ban his ass! Ban him forever! Pay him back for all his crazy shit! lol

Bob better hurry. March 12 is right around the corner.

Edit to add:

During my last drive by to see if I had been removed from the hall of fame I noticed that someone else wasn't there. He had only made hof within the last 2 years. Was surprised to see his name missing. Guess he got the ban?
Barnacle Bob is the used car salesman. Screw that worthless barnacle on society.

Barnacle Bob is the used car salesman

He mentioned that on more than one occasion. Usually when someone posted something about used cars. Sometimes he'd say they were wrong then go on to say he was "in the business."

I generally steered clear of his posts except the crazy ones. They were worth following because of the replies they'd get.

Like when he'd post flat earth stuff. It was entertaining to watch people posting all kinds of links and articles to prove the earth was flat or round. It's 2021 - 2022 and you have adults arguing with each other over nonsensical insanity while Bob and Scorpio sat back and laughed there asses off. And to be honest.........I'm just as guilty. I'd read some of the replies and laugh hysterically.

As said before by others...it takes a singular, and motivated, person to manage such a board. For all its faults - and I've felt the lash of his tongue and ban-hammer - GIM2 was a very-unusual place, maybe the best discussion board I'd ever found.

We don't know the heat Scorpio was facing, behind the scenes. I know the lower-ranking Fed narcs watch such sites. It was Homeland inSecurity inquiries that led to the termination of the NewsMax board, 20 years ago...online, I knew Administrator 2 over there, later on his own board, for a time. (No question it was the same guy; in the last days he was linking to his own site, Boot To The Skull).

The Feebs poke around, and ask about certain posts, and essentially ask, why do you allow it?...and that's a message. We don't like it - fark that Free Speech excrement; we know who you are and you can remove that. Make it happen.

I remember those years well. The Internet was going to bring true Free Speech to the People, right? Online anarchy.

Boot To The Skull <-- Lordy, that goes back about a quarter of a century...

yeah no telling behind the scenes pressures ..... i tend to withhold judgement till i know all the real facts which we will never know....he certainly doesnt owe me anything.....i do like a safe forum of people with similar mindsets to bounce things off of such as recently the (vax or not vax) discussion ...it was very hard to conversate about both in real life and online but was discussed openly at gim2 ....hopefully such things can happen here

obviously we are all rah rah on precious metals and thus a site like this is just a echo chamber on such things but the other things like the vax subject are important to be able to discuss

However, the reason I've registered here, and am answering your post, Goldbrix, is that you've mentioned a past friend of mine, Ponce, who I spoke with often, and learned so much from, but became disconnected to over the years.
This evening I decided to look him up, after around seventeen years, hoping that he'd still be doing, at least, one forum, but, here, I sadly find that he's no longer with us. He was a great guy who I spent hours reading and typing to, back in the day. I'd be grateful if you could enlighten me about his demise?
Thank you.

Saw your post and did some digging:

Skip to 8:12 for the start of the interview.

RIP. Ponce passed on October 14, 2016. He will be remembered.

If I come across anything else I'll post it in this thread.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A Great Blast from the Past Right There.
Much has not changed. Just as pertinent today as it was 11 yrs. ago.
Just everything is accelerating quicker now.

This is a blast from the past. I think Rich G was the host?

It's really quite difficult to put on a 'radio' show - the planning alone is daunting. Part of the problem is everyone is on the phone, invisible and communicating with each others is difficult. Talk over happens a lot.

TnAndy is of course online here.

One quote everyone has heard is:

"If you don't hold it, you don't own it." Ponce​

This is a blast from the past. I think Rich G was the host?

It's really quite difficult to put on a 'radio' show - the planning alone is daunting. Part of the problem is everyone is on the phone, invisible and communicating with each others is difficult. Talk over happens a lot.

TnAndy is of course online here.

One quote everyone has heard is:

"If you don't hold it, you don't own it." Ponce​

What's tnandys handle?

When u said he's "online here" I thought you meant pmbug
Not 'here' but in the audio. He also frequents a survival forum, but I forget which one. Probably could search his handle? It's the same If I recall...?

I think Rich G was the host?

Sure was.

Interesting show. It's 2 hours long so I listened in segments. Nothing to see, so I listened in 1 window and played around here in Bug land in a different window.

Ponce talked about his life, money, his home and a lot about survival preps. Some of the members who called in are still around. Worth a listen.

Sure was.

Interesting show. It's 2 hours long so I listened in segments. Nothing to see, so I listened in 1 window and played around here in Bug land in a different window.

Ponce talked about his life, money, his home and a lot about survival preps. Some of the members who called in are still around. Worth a listen.
I got through the first half hour, while doing some various mindless tasks.

His security precautions and preps were elaborate. But unfortunately, he was not long for this world. Makes me wonder: Whatever became of the five years of food, of all the booby-traps...of his HOME? It wasn't clear in the first part of the discussion, but he sounded like an elderly guy with no family.

I don't know whether to call it a waste, or not. He lived well, and had some level of peace of mind. But, if the State of Oregon wound up owning his property, all those food caches, and all that hardware, went into the landfill.

I got through the first half hour, while doing some various mindless tasks.

His security precautions and preps were elaborate. But unfortunately, he was not long for this world. Makes me wonder: Whatever became of the five years of food, of all the booby-traps...of his HOME? It wasn't clear in the first part of the discussion, but he sounded like an elderly guy with no family.

I don't know whether to call it a waste, or not. He lived well, and had some level of peace of mind. But, if the State of Oregon wound up owning his property, all those food caches, and all that hardware, went into the landfill.

I think there may (key word is may) have been a fire at his place right around the time he passed. There was a thread on gim with his obit and a story about what happened. I don't know if it's still up, but if it is, it's an interesting read.

I'm excommunicado so I can't look it up. If someone else has the time and inclination, they could search for it. The obit (if it is still up) will have a link. The story can be copied and pasted.

From what I remember the story was a good one.

I think they are figuratively flicking the lights to let everybody know they don't need to go home, but it's time for them to leave.

Expires On:
2023-03-12 ????????????????

Scorpio already was bellyaching about that.

The slickster hosting company told him that, without payment, the cord would be cut 12 months from last payment. If it was not forthcoming...they didn't feel any obligation to deliver on time/credit already paid-for/rolled in.

He'd been warned, and now it's happening.

Like so much else we've lost...it was good while it lasted.

Expires On:
2023-03-12 ????????????????
It's possible that a site's web hosting plan expires before their domain name registration expires. I don't know if that is the case with GIM2, but it is possible.

Yeah, somethings going on. I’m getting that now too.
Meantime my ALERTS bar, over there, is blowing up.

Just to be sure, I tried getting into my PM box - it's not available, either.

I suspect Scorpio tried to send out a notice, and maybe did...but now no one can read it.

Scorpio already was bellyaching about that.

The slickster hosting company told him that, without payment, the cord would be cut 12 months from last payment. If it was not forthcoming...they didn't feel any obligation to deliver on time/credit already paid-for/rolled in.

He'd been warned, and now it's happening.

Like so much else we've lost...it was good while it lasted.
Ditto for me too. By the way how did you guys get that awesome GIM2 label? I men I might get jealous (((LOLOLOLOL)

Back
Top Bottom