GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

@Bottom Feeder wanted to start a thread on this subject, but hasn't met the threshold yet to activate new thread permissions. So, I'm starting the thread for him.

First of all, welcome to members of GIM2 that are new to PMBug (whether lurking/exploring or jumping right in). I have actually been a member of GIM2 since 2011, though it's been a while since I was actively participating over there.

@BigJim approached me recently with the news about GIM2's end of life timeline and asked if would be OK to invite GIM2 members here (or otherwise mention this site over there). We are happy to welcome all new members as long as they can abide our very reasonable forum guidelines. That shouldn't be a problem for most folk.

PMBug is and has always been a fairly small community, so the forum doesn't currently have the breadth of forum rooms that you are used to with GIM2. No worries though. We have always been flexible with the structure of the site to keep topics organized per the membership's interests (ie. we can create new forum rooms as needed).

Bottom Feeder, feel free to hijack this thread as you like - I started it for you.
Curtman Need I Say More?

Last edited:
I'm trying to contact Bigfoot at the above site as I seem to be registered there, as it won't let me register, but can't find a way to contact administrators to check. Help.

Why would I know that?

I don't play forum politics if I can avoid that.

And why did Scorp boot you off? Permanently...
Scorp booted me (for a year) when I first registered at GIM2 just because I owned PMBug. I never even posted a link or advertised this site.

Yeah, he booted me off for a while secondary to me being obnoxious, which occasionally happens.

"bully pulpit". Interesting choice of words considering this topic, and how some folks handle it...

Scorp booted me (for a year) when I first registered at GIM2 just because I owned PMBug. I never even posted a link or advertised this site.
That explains a lot about the man...

Really piss-poor forum etiquette to advertise another forum.
Didn't even think of that. Just dumbly answered a question. My apologies.

I can see your point. I had no idea there was competition. Live and learn, I guess.

Well, I appreciate the question being answered as I have no access to GIM2 currently and want to sign up there too.

Yeah, he booted me off for a while secondary to me being obnoxious, which occasionally happens

Just crossed my mind: He got rid of a lot of good peeps over the years simply because he didn't like the fact that they called out some of his posts as bullshit. While I could bring up some names I won't. But there were some members who would point of some of the stuff he'd post as falsehoods or simply opinions. After 2 or 3 posts like that they would simply vanish. lol

Yea, that's kinda f'ed up. How did he even know who you were?

I got sick of the crazy posts and decided to split the scene.
C'mon, I was there at the time. "Crazy posts" = pro Trump posts and pushback against your anti-Trump bias.
You did in fact take a lotta heat on that topic from several people just prior to you leaving.
.....and it is ok if you feel that way. You obviously still do. For my part in that, I was merely attempting to get you to open up about specifics as to why you felt as you did and to actually debate the issue. I never wanted you gone or banned because of your opinion.

Personally, I see those people as possible converts. Lol

I had posted a lot of good and valuable resources there and wanted to remove them before I left. So I did just that. Unfortunately, there was a bit of collateral damage and Scorpio didn't care too much for that.
Mass deletion of posts would in fact mess up threads, would it not?
....and if one makes a post, they should be able to stand by it, right? Bob banned me, but there is nothing I ever posted on there that I would not want anyone else to see. Would be a waste of time to go through and delete posts. Especially seeing that anything controversial would have likely been quoted in someone else's post where it couldn't be deleted anyways. Same goes for stuff you posted.

Yea, that's kinda f'ed up. How did he even know who you were?
I used the same avatar (same one I'm using here today) and signature line (Lao Tzu quote) there as I did in every gold/silver forum around at the time. My registration email was also an @pmbug.com address. I didn't try to hide who I was.

I used the same avatar (same one I'm using here today) and signature line (Lao Tzu quote) there as I did in every gold/silver forum around at the time. My registration email was also an @pmbug.com address. I didn't try to hide who I was.
Which, imho makes it more f'ed up. There shouldn't be a problem with someone having there own thing and still trying to socialize elsewhere a bit, too.

Now I could see if the only reason was to pm others an invite to your place, but I don't get the impression that that was the case. I was on gim2 since the beginning and read most everything on there, but can't recall any reference to you or your site.

"Crazy posts" = pro Trump posts and pushback against your anti-Trump bias.

No...........different subject matter. The Trump shit was entertainment.

Mass deletion of posts would in fact mess up threads, would it not?

When I decided to go, I wanted to delete some of my posts, mostly political in nature. I contacted a mod to talk to Scorp. No go. I personally contacted Scorp and was basically told the stuff I wanted to delete was for the "forum archives." lol Ain't that some shit. Forum archives. lol He started deleting some of his shit over a year ago.

So I did what I did. Didn't want to hurt anyone else as to "thank you's or likes" or their personal posts but I wanted my shit gone so I wacked a lot of my threads. It was the quickest way to get my shit gone.

Here's the thing: I had some really good threads with a lot of replies in them. A lot of thanks / likes, etc. Didn't want to wack other peeps shit but there were some personal things going on between Scorp and me behind the scenes. I figured my time was short, so I went for both volume and speed.

Had Scorp gone along with me I would have only deleted my personal shit. But he was gonna let me know my place. lol

All water under the bridge and gim is soon to be no more. Nothing that happened there means jack shit in the real world. Remember gim1? It went poof. #2 will go poof.

One day in the very near future:

I hope no one has a nervous breakdown.

Yep. It's as if he went off the rails. Never understood his stance after that.

Had an email exchange with him shortly after I was excomucado ( maybe 2 / 3 years ago?) where he told me that gim wasn't going to be around "much longer." A couple of years before that I heard he wanted to close it down. Can't give any reasons - just what I was told.

Q's fault!

Not Q - but the gov watched that place pretty good. Several members attracted a lot of traffic from the Dc area when they were around. When they weren't around traffic from that area dropped off significantly.

He started deleting some of his shit over a year ago.
Yeah, and when I deleted some of mine, he called me a POS for having done it (more or less behind my back after I had left). I re-entered under another handle/email and called him on it, saying he deleted posts, but when I did it, he called me a POS. He quickly banned me--even blocked my IP address--like I lived or breathed GIM2--hahahahahahhahahahah**big breath**hahahahhahahahhaha. That's when I knew I'd pulled his tail real good, hee, hee.

In the end, he showed everyone who is the biggest POS (and that's not Price Of Silver).

That's why I do not identify as a refugee. I'm an emigrant. I made a conscious decision to leave the poor slob.

Last edited:
No forum or forum owner will be perfect for each and everyone.....just a life fact.......its the owners sphere of control IE my house my rules .....personally i dont see a issue of posting other forums as its just a FORD-Chevy type issue and which ever one best suits individuals they will gravitate to anyway ...and if that cant be tolerated then what can be....... power plays really only generate negatives on both sides....i guess i am not very fragile in nature i guess it comes from years of meeting adversity head on......im not prone to walking on eggshells or tossing chit in a room just to piss people off either

anyway ...just a opinion ...not worth to much

He quickly banned me--even blocked my IP address--like I lived or breathed GIM2-
To my credit I've never and I mean NEVER in 20 years banned someone for pissing me off. I was always very careful to not be a 'gunslinger'. In fact it was my idea to have a discussion amongst the mods before canning someone. Needed to have 2 of 3 mods to ban someone... It wasn't that way before.

Spammers got the ban hammer w/o discussion.

There was one guy that cussed me up and down and they got the ban, but we discussed it first. Probably count on one hand how many got banned by me.

As for the big bad bear... I can't be responsible for bad bear behavior....

Not Q - but the gov watched that place pretty good. Several members attracted a lot of traffic from the Dc area when they were around. When they weren't around traffic from that area dropped off significantly.
How and why were you privy to the flow of traffic from the DC area in relation to specific member activity?

How and why were you privy to the flow of traffic from the DC area in relation to specific member activity?

A good while ago - back at the time of the great unrest (when a lot of peeps split to "gold silver chat forum) gim had a section / forum for certain members to discuss forum business. At that point in time I was one of the members. It was way before me being excomunicado.

Well any way, hoarder had been banned. Scorpio mentioned "that since hoarder had been banned the traffic from the DC area had dropped off significantly." Some other things were mentioned that I won't go into here.

To my credit I've never and I mean NEVER in 20 years banned someone for pissing me off

Heard barnacle bob has gone ban happy. lol

Maybe pent-up emotions coming to the surface after years of holding it all in? lol

I've always hated this mo-fo's posts. I'll show him! Gonna ban his ass! Ban him forever! Pay him back for all his crazy shit! lol

Bob better hurry. March 12 is right around the corner.

Edit to add:

During my last drive by to see if I had been removed from the hall of fame I noticed that someone else wasn't there. He had only made hof within the last 2 years. Was surprised to see his name missing. Guess he got the ban?

Last edited:
No...........different subject matter. The Trump shit was entertainment.

When I decided to go, I wanted to delete some of my posts, mostly political in nature. I contacted a mod to talk to Scorp. No go. I personally contacted Scorp and was basically told the stuff I wanted to delete was for the "forum archives." lol Ain't that some shit. Forum archives. lol He started deleting some of his shit over a year ago.

So I did what I did. Didn't want to hurt anyone else as to "thank you's or likes" or their personal posts but I wanted my shit gone so I wacked a lot of my threads. It was the quickest way to get my shit gone.

Here's the thing: I had some really good threads with a lot of replies in them. A lot of thanks / likes, etc. Didn't want to wack other peeps shit but there were some personal things going on between Scorp and me behind the scenes. I figured my time was short, so I went for both volume and speed.

Had Scorp gone along with me I would have only deleted my personal shit. But he was gonna let me know my place. lol

All water under the bridge and gim is soon to be no more. Nothing that happened there means jack shit in the real world. Remember gim1? It went poof. #2 will go poof.

One day in the very near future:

I hope no one has a nervous breakdown.

You are a mixed bag to me. Your political position is atrocious. Cast in concrete. And wrong.

That said, you are articulate, and have a lot of interesting stuff going on that I find engaging. Definitely a bag of black and white stones. I find the mix interesting.

If it makes you feel any better regarding the name of the place that a lot of old friends and acquaintances have gone to in order to avoid losing touch... The software of "GIM3" is a quarter-century and more old.

Old to the point of frustration at the coding required for each entry. Oldest I have seen in any category on the Net. I go there to meet old friends... and get pissed at the archaic and baffling "ya gotta know how to make a picture/video/quote appear by using code, and the long process required" as opposed to cut-and-paste from anywhere.

<i>if you want something as simple as italic </i> <-- It appears exactly like this as you read it. No shit.

Last edited:
To my credit I've never and I mean NEVER in 20 years banned someone for pissing me off. I was always very careful to not be a 'gunslinger'. In fact it was my idea to have a discussion amongst the mods before canning someone. Needed to have 2 of 3 mods to ban someone... It wasn't that way before.

Spammers got the ban hammer w/o discussion.

There was one guy that cussed me up and down and they got the ban, but we discussed it first. Probably count on one hand how many got banned by me.

As for the big bad bear... I can't be responsible for bad bear behavior....
If you want a compadre, I ran the whole gamut over there. Lotsa friends over decade or more.

I was banned, and I was nominated for Hall of Fame or whatever it was. <-- So I covered the entire spectrum.

It must be a real PITA to run a site. I would never do it. Folks will say things they would NEVER even hint at face-to-face. The medium brings out the best and the worst of people. Sorta like a spotlight's brightness.

That’s too bad. A lot of good threads and posts. Plus the great information we will lose when that forum goes away
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Like we useta say: There It is.

Back
Top Bottom