Goodbye

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TheRealZed

Retired Sailor
Reaction score
Due to a fundamental disagreement with management, I'm moving my contributions to another forum. I'm sure you can work out which one.

Good luck guys!

**** I DIDN'T START THIS THREAD****

Yeah, I posted this on the fringe to say that I'd shifted focus.

There was no need to do this, but it is symptomatic of why I'm shifting focus.

I was given an ultimatum, so I chose to move my efforts.

**** I DIDN'T START THIS THREAD****

Yeah, I posted this on the fringe to say that I'd shifted focus.

There was no need to do this, but it is symptomatic of why I'm shifting focus.

I was given an ultimatum, so I chose to move my efforts.
Dude running this place is foolish......RIP

Glad I wised up after the first donation. Should have done a month instead of a year though.

You can tell a lot about a place by who is anointed mod as well.

Last edited:
right or wrong .....this site has been more controlled than what we (gimers) are/were accustomed to, and its hard to adjust, and its ok to refuse to adjust and move on, there is much to lose as the "group" loses thoughtful informed bright people and their opinions.

...its hard for me to use the "other" free'er group due to the format and constant adds, cant direct post pics, etc ......i guess i am sacrificing some freedom for comfort LOL

Last edited:
For the record, since the GIM migration, no posts have been deleted or edited for content - even fake news and blatant propaganda (on numerous issues by numerous points of view). There is no issue with discussing ideas or news.

Everyone here is expected to abide the forum guidelines which includes:
This forum is not a place to air grievances, attack, insult or upset people. ...
I try to be a gracious host. It's not easy sometimes.

There is no issue with discussing ideas or news.
Nor should there be, imho.

What I don't "get", is people who post lots of highly partisan stuff on a discussion board, but then refuse to actually discuss the merits or lack thereof, of what they've posted.

It can be quite frustrating.

When I post stuff, or occasionally start a thread, I do so with hopes that it starts an in-depth discussion and/or that I get challenged on what I've posted.

That can't happen without at least some people being on the other side of the issue.
....and if we as a nation ever want to mend the huge divide currently present, it's going to require dialogue between the two.

However, too often people putting up certain ideas simply are not interested in getting into the "meat and potatoes" so to speak, of what they've posted.

Which makes me wonder why they want to post what they do, on a discussion forum. Are they just posting it as propaganda?

The "Flat Earth" discussions turn me off. I cannot imagine anyone being that stupid.
They have their Right to free speech too.

What I don't like about those threads is how they have to turn off logic and reason and science in order to believe such things.
....and they do the same as woke ultra libs do on their pet subjects when pressed on their beliefs.
Ie: they mostly either get upset and want to call names, or they disengage and disappear from the discussion due to not being able to adequately express why they believe what they believe. They just "feel" that something nefarious is afoot, so afoot it is.

i ignore a lot... flat earth... chem trails.... ju bashing .... etc i freely exercise my right to just not participate LOL
I sometimes like to engage on some of those topics because I'm curious as to why such strong beliefs are sometimes held by people.

To have strong beliefs, there would seem to be more knowledge there to justify those strong beliefs. I try to root it out to see what they might know, or to find out if conclusions are being jumped to.

Everyone has a right to their opinions. Open dialogue is important for sure. For instance I would love to open a conversation with this young lady. I am pretty sure I can talk her into bed.

That would be a very meaningful one night relationship as long as she didn't talk....

Everyone has a right to their opinions. Open dialogue is important for sure. For instance I would love to open a conversation with this young lady. I am pretty sure I can talk her into bed.

well she started ok...was probably right saying kids havent seen a map LOL other than google maps ..........she sure faded off into Biden land LOL.........maybe its a blonde thing LOL

For the record, since the GIM migration, no posts have been deleted or edited for content - even fake news and blatant propaganda (on numerous issues by numerous points of view). There is no issue with discussing ideas or news.

Everyone here is expected to abide the forum guidelines which includes:I try to be a gracious host. It's not easy sometimes.
This is not true ... I posted around thanksgiving a picture with a comment and the comment was removed, ie edited for content. You should at least be honest ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Zed left just before gold exploded. What timing hope he didn't short it.

This is not true .. I posted around thanksgiving a picture with a comment and the comment was removed, ie edited for content. You should at least be honest ...

Not sure where you posted something around Thanksgiving, but it wasn't on this site.

itsamess.png

When posts are deleted, they show in the post history (for me) like so:

deletedthread.png

Also, please contact me via PM if you have any concern about the moderation of the forum.

Last edited:
What I don't "get", is people who post lots of highly partisan stuff on a discussion board, but then refuse to actually discuss the merits or lack thereof, of what they've posted.
What I don't get is this is a precious metals related forum, but beside Peter, the forum management and 3-4 other people, the rest of the forum members don't post in the PM related threads - I mean the first 3 threads above in the threads' list on the main page: PM bugs, Gold bugs and Silver bugs. The flagships of a PM related forum, so to speak.

PMbug is putting a lot of efforts on X in order to raise awareness about this forum and thanks God he is not targeting people interested in politics, flat earths, viruses or whatever topic you use to talk about other than precious metals, no, for some reason he targets PM interested people :) By all due respect for those criticizing his moderating style - I have no idea what that criticism is based on - maybe - in order to improve the overall forum's experience - you could also contribute every now and then into the flagships! ;)
Imo

Last edited:
What I don't get is this is a precious metals related forum, but beside Peter, the forum management and 3-4 other people, the rest of the forum members don't post in the PM related threads - I mean the first 3 threads above in the threads' list on the main page: PM bugs, Gold bugs and Silver bugs. The flagships of a PM related forum, so to speak.

PMbug is putting a lot of efforts on X in order to raise awareness about this forum and thanks God he is not targeting people interested in politics, flat earths, viruses or whatever topic you use to talk about other than precious metals, no, for some reason he targets PM interested people :) By all due respect for those criticizing his moderating style - I have no idea what that criticism is based on - maybe - in order to improve the overall forum's experience - you could also contribute every now and then into the flagships! ;)
Imo
To be perfectly honest, I rarely look at what forum something is in. I just scroll through "New Posts" page, see what's there, and respond to what I feel as though I could add to or comment on.

Mostly when I do look through the "forum" view, it's only to try to find a thread that I'd seen previously, but is no longer in "New Posts". So I have to go hunting for it.

As for politics, I have a hard time seeing how gold/PM's in general are not seen as joined at the hip by any PM bug type person. Almost everything about them is connected to politics and government.

In fact, Imho, any PM bug is so due to understanding much of the political history of PM's, and particularly gold and silver.

How are the two supposed to be seperated?

Edited to add: if it werent for politics, gold could still be $20/oz and gold bugs wouldn't exist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom