Growing liability of being a citizen of the U.S.

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Well, besides PM's one could also "collect" guns and ammo. Think about it for a minute, because all of my guns are still in 98 - 100% condition therefore have held their value or risen in value. I build my own AR-15's that cost me around 900 each for quality parts and when they are finished, they are worth twice as much.

I figure I have six or eight rifles and pistols for trade/sale/barter when the baloon goes up, but only to the "right" person. Same for ammo, which will disappear immediately. a case of a thousand rounds of 62gr. steel core virgin brass ammo is around $225 - $255, so you can pick a case up every month to six weeks, have plenty of ammo to pracrtice and have a nice supply as well.

mike

Ground Beetle
Reaction score
"FATCA will require foreign financial institutions to report directly to the IRS information about financial accounts held by U.S. taxpayers..."

Who the heck do they think they are?

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
"FATCA will require foreign financial institutions to report directly to the IRS information about financial accounts held by U.S. taxpayers..."

Who the heck do they think they are?
There is a reason why every time I talk to people from other countries, their number one description of how the U.S. is viewed internationally is "arrogant".

:wave:

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I have travelled literally millions of miles in my life, visiting many, many countries during those years, and Americans are now regarded with disdain in most nations. I always say I am from Costa Rica, because I speak perfect high spanish and can get away with it. this insures that I wil not get second class treatment.

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Response to the outcry from Eduardo Saverin:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/faceb...ca-is-ok--it’s-the-rules-that-are-a-pain.html

“U.S. citizens are severely restricted as to what they can invest in and where they can maintain accounts,” said spokesman Tom Goodman. “Many foreign funds and banks won’t accept Americans. This was a financial rather than a tax motive.”

"Treasury Department officials say they don’t see evidence of a systemic problem for Americans living abroad arising from FATCA."

:rotflmbo:

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
I agree Ben, this is outrageous. Since Congress has no plans on fixing the currently completely fucked up system, many are opting to stop allowing the US to crush their nuts.

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
Shumer is an idiot. There couldn't be a clearer statement that FedGov considers you to be their vassal.

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Good commentary on Shumer's ideas:
http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/r...this-is-not-how-a-free-society-treats-people/

"It’s interesting that, rather than change their ways of doing business and introducing legislation that provides incentives for productive people to come here and stay here, they maintain policies that chase people away, and introduce new ones to lock the door after they’re gone."

:rotflmbo::clap::judge::agree:

ancona

Praying Mantis
Reaction score
Schumer is a social engineer who would like nothing more than being able to dictate exactly how much money we should be allowed to have.

I will never understand how these fucktards continue to get re-elected. Never. ;-(

benjamen

Yellow Jacket
Reaction score
Schumer is a social engineer who would like nothing more than being able to dictate exactly how much money we should be allowed to have.

I will never understand how these fucktards continue to get re-elected. Never. ;-(
My biggest fear is this type of politicians taking over to "save" us when realities of decades of over spending catches up with the U.S.

:(