Is there a way to hide a specfic thread?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jrog100

Predaceous Stink Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Russia
So that it doesn't show up. There are certain topics that are detremential to my blood pressure and I have no desire to see them or hear about them etc. The only way I know how to hide these topics is to set certain users to ignore. But, that has unwanted consequences. Just looking for some tips. Thanks!!

So that it doesn't show up. There are certain topics that are detremential to my blood pressure and I have no desire to see them or hear about them etc. The only way I know how to hide these topics is to set certain users to ignore. But, that has unwanted consequences. Just looking for some tips. Thanks!!

Several points:

- Let me know what thread(s) you're talking about and the mgmt team will look into it.

- On a personal note: There's certain subject matter that I have no interest in. When it comes to that I simply bypass the threads. As a mod I have no one on ignore but as a member I just steer clear of things I'm not interested in. Not hard at all.

- So long as forum guidelines are not being violated, and there are no personal attacks going on, I see no problems with any posts. Like I said above, there are certain subjects I'm not interested in. If you don't like someone's posts (reasons don't matter) simply don't read them.

- This is an internet forum, and the membership represents a cross section of society all with different opinions. Everyone has a right to those opinions whether or not I like or dislike them and I respect that.

- As for something being detrimental to your blood pressure..............I really wouldn't let things posted here, or anywhere else bother me. Remember they're just opinions with no effect on you what-so-ever.

In general the answer is no, there isn't an easy way for you to discriminately mark specific threads to be hidden.

There are a few options that I can effect on the back-end to allow folks to hide entire forum rooms, like I have done with the ChatGPT Playpen forum room. If you are wanting to, for example, hide the entire Politics forum room, I could work out an option for that.

If you are finding the thread titles of a few threads triggering your blood pressure, send me a PM and explain the issue and I will see if there is anything that we can do.

Politics is what gets to me. I'd love it if I didn't see that and my time here would be much more enjoyable. :)

Bug..........I honestly commend you for this. (y)

The way I see it is that no one has an excuse to bitch about any political / off topic subject matter any more.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom