Kyle Bass on the end of Japan...

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Potemkin

Predaceous Stink Bug
Reaction score
The end of Japan:

...things can change pretty drammatically fast... Japan seems to be the next domino piece to fall.

Greece, Cyprus... Japan. I guess Europe will take more time.

Japan has citizens who hold her debt, as opposed to the USA which pawns it off to China. I think Japan can hang on a lot longer than folks suspect.

Actually, most Japanese debt is held by institutions (ask Kyle - just not on this interview). But in turn, they (mostly) hold it for citizens - who are cashing out, demographics is a bitch...but the individual holdings in Japan are only a few % of the outstanding.

FWIW, here's the rest of the full 20 min interview above:

Japan's largest trading partner is China and its second largest trading partner is the United States. Seems like there would be a lot of money riding on not seeing Japan crash. Going to be interesting to see if they can keep it from happening...:popcorn:

Japan has citizens who hold her debt, as opposed to the USA which pawns it off to China. I think Japan can hang on a lot longer than folks suspect.

Yes and the Japanese support their country, they love their country more than westerners... they are also well-known for holding tremendous savings. So Japan can easier "save itself", while the USA and the EU are in deep :doodoo:

Back
Top Bottom