Mail call

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
I intend to update this thread when I check the PO Box for mail (checks from you folk). That way anyone who has sent a check has some idea of the status of their effort.

I checked the PO Box today and there was nothing in there. I checked it last week and had a letter from @Unca Walt . That's all I have received so far via the mail. Cheers.

For anyone wondering what this thread is about, see here:

Last edited:
just got an email frm PP saying my subscription for here was canceled. I suspect that's because you canceled PP?

Sure is. Fits the pattern, donnit?

Just checked the box. No mail.

Just cleaned out the box. Got a letter from @offcourse2 . Thank you for your support. Your account upgrade has been applied.

Used to have a once-a-year 'donation' drive.

For a week a 'donate' button would appear at the top of the site.

The Bear would leave it up until he had enough to cover expenses for a year... then he'd take it down.

The button lasted about 2 days before being removed.

It made for simple bookkeeping. YMMV

@gringott - the thing you need to understand is that any proceeds from account upgrades goes into a dedicated account for internets business and is used to pay for expenses (web hosting, domain registration, forum software license renewals, 3rd party add on mods [licensing], advertising? [maybe some day - not in the budget as of yet], my time? [hahahahaha - no], etc.). Sending me a roosevelt silver dime (worth approx $2.50 at this moment unless it's a numismatic) isn't really helping to pay the bills. I'm happy to put cash into the internets business account at fair value for any pms you send me, but to make the deal worthwhile, send at least $50 bullion value (I don't want numismatics [or to argue over the numismatic value of anything]).

It was a joke pmbug. No offense intended. I wasn't being serious. I understand completely about why the money is needed.
Don't waste your time on me.

Ah, no worries. Sometimes jokes don't translate well in text when you aren't familiar with the personalities that typed them. I try to err on the side of caution.

tenor.gif

@gringott - the thing you need to understand is that any proceeds from account upgrades goes into a dedicated account for internets business and is used to pay for expenses (web hosting, domain registration, forum software license renewals, 3rd party add on mods [licensing], advertising? [maybe some day - not in the budget as of yet], my time? [hahahahaha - no], etc.). Sending me a roosevelt silver dime (worth approx $2.50 at this moment unless it's a numismatic) isn't really helping to pay the bills. I'm happy to put cash into the internets business account at fair value for any pms you send me, but to make the deal worthwhile, send at least $50 bullion value (I don't want numismatics [or to argue over the numismatic value of anything]).
In all seriousness we understand there are ongoing costs to running a website....and historically site support at gim was absolutely not a problem...I personally enjoyed the one weekend a year a fund raising tab was put up on the site and removed when bills were paid...it made me feel directly involved in paying the bills...I knew all was good when the tab went down...It felt like a event to participate in and not a bill....it was a race to get funds in before the chance was gone...and a visible icon was added to your description and a list of doners was put in a post without amounts ...the psychology of it was masterful...might be something to consider.....

In all seriousness we understand there are ongoing costs to running a website....and historically site support at gim was absolutely not a problem...I personally enjoyed the one weekend a year a fund raising tab was put up on the site and removed when bills were paid...it made me feel directly involved in paying the bills...I knew all was good when the tab went down...It felt like a event to participate in and not a bill....it was a race to get funds in before the chance was gone...and a visible icon was added to your description and a list of doners was put in a post without amounts ...the psychology of it was masterful...might be something to consider.....
Yeah the only issue we had was folks upset that they missed the narrow window and couldn't donate.

I prefer an open door policy. Folks who appreciate the site and want to help keep the lights on can contribute as and when they like. Everyone that contributes get highlighted by purple usernames and badges.

You did give me an idea though for recognizing folks that contributed more than the minimum thresholds though...

I paid my dues, here and in life. God Bless America.

mmmmmooooooooo0000000000000000000000!

Checked the box this morning. No mail.

Checked the box yesterday. Had two letters that belonged in the box below mine. No mail for me.

Just curious what the P.O. Box location might be...?

Back
Top Bottom