Meanwhile in chicongo & other S%$&hole commie run cities.

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Like we useta say, bro: There It is.

My Beautiful Witch (umm... she's a grandma, now that I thinks onnit) has a car gun (too heavy to carry, will stop trucks) and a carry gun: 2-shot Derringer.

I gave my little granddaughter a pink Crickett .22 rifle for her tenth birthday.

I got a .22 rifle for my tenth birthday. My Mom didn't talk to my father for a week. Still own it to this day. Poor barrel is completely shot out, but it still shoots straight as an arrow. Where I grew up, everyone shot. It was a way of life. I literally grew up with a gun in my hand. Even when we were going fishing, at least two of us would have our rifles. Where we went fishing, sometimes there wasn't civilization for miles around. We were waist deep in rattlesnakes (there used to be an annual rattlesnake hunt on our mountain), and there were black bear and mountain lions. And there wasn't one of us who couldn't shoot the wings off a fly at 50 feet. We simply shot all summer long. Sometimes 500 rounds (a brick) a day. .22LR was cheap as dirt and we would buy it in the same hardware store that sold the cannon fuse that we would buy by the foot for our pipe bombs. Most of us were reloaders so we always had access to plenty of powder. Used to make huge pipe bombs and ride our bikes to the local quarry and blow Volkswagen sized chunks of shale out of the side of the pit. Good times. Simpler times. :ROFLMAO:

Commies must love their weed.

NEW YORK- New York City has secured a notable distinction as the world’s premier cannabis- consuming hub, a recent study highlights. The city’s voracious appetite for cannabis, evident through an annual consumption of 62.3 metric tons, positions it atop the 2023 Cannabis Global Price Index.

Despite the recent legalization of marijuana in 2021, the metropolis has swiftly established itself as a global leader in cannabis utilization. The study underscores the substantial amount of cannabis being smoked, vaporized, and consumed in various forms by New Yorkers.

The relaxed stance toward marijuana consumption in New York City has facilitated a burgeoning cannabis culture, fostering the proliferation of numerous unlicensed pot shops. In contrast, the establishment of legal dispensaries has encountered some delays, reflecting the dynamic landscape of the city’s cannabis market.

While the study emphasizes New Yorkers’ pronounced affinity for cannabis, it also notes certain economic nuances. The price point for cannabis in the city stands at approximately $12.5 per gram, positioning it as the fourth-most expensive location for cannabis procurement within the United States.

Washington, D.C., claims the title of the nation’s most expensive city for cannabis, with prices averaging $19.10 per gram. Tokyo holds the distinction of being the global frontrunner in cannabis pricing, with an average cost of $33.80 per gram.

New York City’s spot at the top of cannabis consumption, coupled with its evolving regulatory framework, illustrates the multifaceted nature of the marijuana industry within the urban landscape. As the city’s relationship with cannabis continues to evolve, its place on the global cannabis stage remains a subject of intrigue and exploration.

I got a .22 rifle for my tenth birthday. My Mom didn't talk to my father for a week. Still own it to this day. Poor barrel is completely shot out, but it still shoots straight as an arrow. Where I grew up, everyone shot. It was a way of life. I literally grew up with a gun in my hand. Even when we were going fishing, at least two of us would have our rifles. Where we went fishing, sometimes there wasn't civilization for miles around. We were waist deep in rattlesnakes (there used to be an annual rattlesnake hunt on our mountain), and there were black bear and mountain lions. And there wasn't one of us who couldn't shoot the wings off a fly at 50 feet. We simply shot all summer long. Sometimes 500 rounds (a brick) a day. .22LR was cheap as dirt and we would buy it in the same hardware store that sold the cannon fuse that we would buy by the foot for our pipe bombs. Most of us were reloaders so we always had access to plenty of powder. Used to make huge pipe bombs and ride our bikes to the local quarry and blow Volkswagen sized chunks of shale out of the side of the pit. Good times. Simpler times. :ROFLMAO:
I still have my Daddy's Winchester .22 bolt action. It is about two feet long. He bought it second-hand for $2 in 1911. If you look down the barrel, there is no rifling visible anymore. I shot my first woodchuck at age 7 with it.

I still have my Daddy's Winchester .22 bolt action. It is about two feet long. He bought it second-hand for $2 in 1911. If you look down the barrel, there is no rifling visible anymore. I shot my first woodchuck at age 7 with it.

My wife came with her grandfather's gallery gun. Pump action, octagonal barrel, takes long rifle, long, or shorts. Back in the day, when the fair came to town, there would be a booth with moving steel silhouette targets. You could plunk you quarter down and a man would hand you a pump .22 loaded with shorts. I can't remember how many shots a quarter would buy you, but those things hold a lot. You shot the moving targets to win prizes. Those guys didn't make out so well when my friends and I would show up. :ROFLMAO: I still enjoy plinking with that little .22. I found some shorts online and ordered a couple thousand of them. She also came already equipped with her own 30-06. Is it any wonder we are still married after 42 years? A match made in heaven.

Short vid by John Stossel about this very subject. Specifically, San Francisco. Or as it is known now, San Fran Sicko.

Are the people who helped F' it up, now seeing the errors of their ways? That their dem/lib/leftist policies are the cause of their problems?

Possibly so. At least some of 'em, and that's a start.

Even the mayor seems to be tiring of what she calls, the "bull shit" going on. I hope the mayor likes laying in the bed she helped to make. Lol

I give you,....... Philadelphia.

At least people there are still getting their exercise. Check out the chick-y stretching her hamstrings at the :40 second mark.
.....or at least, that's what it looks like she is doing. Lol

I give you,....... Philadelphia.

At least people there are still getting their exercise. Check out the chick-y stretching her hamstrings at the :40 second mark.
.....or at least, that's what it looks like she is doing. Lol

My God. What are these people going to do in December?? They have nothing.

This is not my America.

Why on earth do decent people still live there? Once the democrats and their zombie hoards move in, the writing is on the wall. Get out!

the gov basically has abdicated its role of helping / taking care of its citizens
Is that really the gov's job?

in favor of a you scratch my back I'll scratch your back way of doing things.
That's how gov works. Ie: you scratch its back by doing what it wants you to, (ie: jump through its hoops) and in return you get gov benefits.

No hoop jumpin', no bennies for you.

I don't know what the answer is, b
Do you really think that shying away from actual discussion of the issues is what will result in finding that answer?

You are always quick to post lots of heavily biased articles on topics near and dear to your heart, and I believe that you can see the problems being pointed out, but you seem very reluctant to actually discuss in depth, the causes of those problems.

but we need to take a real hard look at how we do things when dealing with people and society in general and improve things. Unfortunately, I don't think that'll happen.
Taking a hard look starts with discussing the issue with those other than whom you already agree with.
....and one side is unwilling to do that. Can you guess which side that is?

Do you really think that shying away from actual discussion of the issues is what will result in finding that answer?

You are always quick to post lots of heavily biased articles on topics near and dear to your heart, and I believe that you can see the problems being pointed out, but you seem very reluctant to actually discuss in depth, the causes of those problems

You didn't post my whole statement:

I don't know what the answer is, but we need to take a real hard look at how we do things when dealing with people and society in general and improve things. Unfortunately, I don't think that'll happen.

I don't know what the answer is. I wish I did, but I don't. There are a lot of different things at play here and the first thing you'd have to do is to identify them. Then get politicians (government) on board to work on solutions. And that may be next to impossible to do since it involves actually helping people instead of figuring out ways to screw people out of money.

The shit going on in Philly (and other major cities) today is new. It didn't happen in the 50's, 60's, 70's. 80's or 90's. A lot has to do with drugs. Then we have a lack of money, a lack of opportunity, a failing educational system, piss poor home life, etc. A lot of this has been brought about by the very government that's supposed to help us. It's not a D thing or an R thing. It's a lack of willingness on both sides to come together and get down to the real nitty gritty. And unless that happens things will continue to deteriorate.

Like you, I am but one person. I can, and do, vote. I also volunteer at a food bank, and once a year me and some of the peeps at the club get together, collect (and sometimes buy) coats, hats and sweats and hand deliver them to the needy in Kensington. That's about all I can do on a personal level.

Really need the gov to step up to the plate here.

but you seem very reluctant to actually discuss in depth, the causes of those problems.

lol

My God. What are these people going to do in December?? They have nothing.

This is not my America.
It wasn't Philadelphia, twenty-four years ago.

When Conrail hired me...all new hires had to go through 5 weeks of hands-on training in railroad work. Done at an abandoned and repurposed industrial rail yard, outside a Philly suburb. Forget the name...west side.

Conrail's home offices were downtown, and we periodically had to go there for personnel functions - paperwork, such as medical, past employment verification, credit checks. Yeah, they were selective who they hired.

On weekends I did walking tours through Independence Hall and various nearby landmarks. Never saw any of this chaos. But then we were just ten years past the Reagan Revolution, anyway.

Don't agree with everything in the article but I think it's an interesting read.

One thing I never hear talked about is an urban homesteading program. Maybe it would be a good idea to reclaim empty houses that were structurally sound, give them to poor / lower income peeps along with money to fix them up, give them the education they would need, along with a time frame for the work to be completed and turn bad areas into livable neighborhoods. One caveat - no flipping allowed. House must be lived in for at least 20 years. Thoughts???

...give them the education they would need...

These people are already coming out of high school unable to read at a 4th grade level and unable to do math beyond rudimentary addition and subtraction. What makes you think that pouring even more money into education for them would be fruitful? Look at what Chicongo spends per student and then look at where they stand nationally.

Bottom line - you cannot teach people who have absolutely zero desire to learn.

And you say the gubbermint needs to step up? :ROFLMAO: Why should they? What's in it for them? How's the pedophile potato going to get his ten percent from helping those people? Get real.

What makes you think that pouring even more money into education for them would be fruitful?

Was thinking more along the lines of people teaching the "homesteaders" basic carpentry, cement work, electrical wiring, plumbing, etc. Could be a good opportunity for retired tradesmen to pick up some extra cash teaching others something they are experts in. Also having the "homesteaders" work with Habit for Humanity could go a long way in helping them get the skills they would need to rehab their property.

And you say the gubbermint needs to step up

We give gazillions away to foreign countries every day. We need to end that and start helping our own.

Don't agree with everything in the article but I think it's an interesting read.

One thing I never hear talked about is an urban homesteading program. Maybe it would be a good idea to reclaim empty houses that were structurally sound, give them to poor / lower income peeps along with money to fix them up, give them the education they would need, along with a time frame for the work to be completed and turn bad areas into livable neighborhoods. One caveat - no flipping allowed. House must be lived in for at least 20 years. Thoughts???

Great setup for meth labs, bordellos, needle co-minglers...

The fix is to give the prisoners of Chi-town a reason to join the human race, not give them MORE free housing.

The gubmints have done that very thing (only starting far better) with the "gibs me dat" Section 8 program.
Brand new apartments free fer nuffin -- just move in so's you can have wonderful start in life.

You prolly know what Section 8 slums housing looks like in cities across America.

What needs to be fixed is morality. It used to be taught in school. Now they have homodevils in makeup teaching how 10-year olds can give blow jobs. Even to grown up men. <-- FACT

You did not talk in class, much less jump the teacher. <-- Totally impossible. Why? Because if you did, ALL the other kids in the class -- peers -- would take you down. You would be a pariah, and you would not be back. So it Just. Wasn't. Done. EVER.

Last edited:
I don't know what the answer is. I wish I did, but I don't.
I'll guarantee you that more lib policies of being soft on real crime, is NOT the answer.

There are a lot of different things at play here and the first thing you'd have to do is to identify them.
We have. It's the lib policies of not prosecuting crimes resulting from thugish behavior.

Then get politicians (government) on board to work on solutions.
The gov doesn't listen to the people. Have you been hiding under a rock for the past 80 years? The gov thinks it's there to tell us how to do it.

The only fix, is to replace those in gov who have imposed the policies that have been shown to not work.

The results you are getting is proof that they don't work.
....because if they worked, it would not have led to the situation you ended up with.

And that may be next to impossible to do since it involves actually helping people instead of figuring out ways to screw people out of money.
The gov has been "helping" people for a long time, and what good has it done? Not much. All I see it having done is to create an entitlement mentality across a large swath of the population.

The more they are given, the more they want.

The shit going on in Philly (and other major cities) today is new. It didn't happen in the 50's, 60's, 70's. 80's or 90's.
It takes time for decay to show itself.

A tree can appear perfectly fine on the outside, but be full of rot on the inside that only becomes apparent later on.

Same idea applies to bad gov policies. They seem benign for awile, but later on the problems start showing up.

Then we have a lack of money, a lack of opportunity, a failing educational system, piss poor home life, etc. A lot of this has been brought about by the very government that's supposed to help us.
Making eben more people wards of the State is not gonna help.

The gov needs to gtf outta the way and let people either succeed or fail. It's not the gov's job to prop people up. Especially not those who have no desire to even try on their own.

It's not a D thing or an R thing. It's a lack of willingness on both sides to come together and get down to the real nitty gritty.
Who is pushing wacked out ideas like of no bail? Or not prosecuting things like shoplifting?

Are R's doing that? No, they are not.

Where do we see rampant shoplifting? In dem run cities.

And unless that happens things will continue to deteriorate.
You should expect more deterioration then, because there is no sign of D's ever coming to the realization that their policies are the root of their problems.

Really need the gov to step up to the plate here.
And do what? Create an even bigger sense of entitlement in a certain segment of society?

The fix is to give the prisoners of Chi-town a reason to join the human race, not give them MORE free housing.
Yep. Make living the way they do now more expensive and difficult. That way becoming a normal member of society will start looking better and better to 'em.

What needs to be fixed is morality. It used to be taught in school.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

The only fix, is to replace those in gov who have imposed the policies that have been shown to not work.

Agreed. Term & age limits could help with this.

Or not prosecuting things like shoplifting?

Yeah.........this is a bit crazy. But it's not in every city. Just a few toilets.

You should expect more deterioration then

I've watched it spread from a couple of neighborhoods to more and more, and am now seeing it in some suburbs. Not good.

Was thinking more along the lines of people teaching the "homesteaders" basic carpentry, cement work, electrical wiring, plumbing, etc. Could be a good opportunity for retired tradesmen to pick up some extra cash teaching others something they are experts in. Also having the "homesteaders" work with Habit for Humanity could go a long way in helping them get the skills they would need to rehab their property.

That's hysterical. Now repeat after me.

These people have zero desire to improve themselves or their lot in life. Ever heard of Cabrini-Green?

blm12.jpeg

Great setup for meth labs, bordellos, needle co-minglers...

The gubmints have done that very thing (only starting far better) with the "gibs me dat" Section 8 program.
Brand new apartments free fer nuffin -- just move in so's you can have wonderful start in life.

You prolly know what Section 8 slums housing looks like in cities across America.

What needs to be fixed is morality. It used to be taught in school. Now they have homodevils in makeup teaching how 10-year olds can give blow jobs. Even to grown up men. <-- FACT

You did not talk in class, much less jump the teacher. <-- Totally impossible. Why? Because if you did, ALL the other kids in the class -- peers -- would take you down. You would be a pariah, and you would not be back. So it Just. Wasn't. Done. EVER.

Yep. And you can put that blame squarely on the shoulders of liberal democrats as well. You don't see conservatives demanding that transvestites be allowed to read your grandchildren books.

teachers22.jpeg

pedo23.jpg

Yeah.........this is a bit crazy. But it's not in every city. Just a few toilets.

I've watched it spread from a couple of neighborhoods to more and more, and am now seeing it in some suburbs. Not good.

"Yeah.........this is a bit crazy. But it's not in every city. Just a few toilets."

This is precisely how and why it is happening. People like you saying, "Well, it's not that bad around here - yet."

"I've watched it spread from a couple of neighborhoods to more and more, and am now seeing it in some suburbs. Not good."

Keep pulling the "D" lever. Watch your taxes skyrocket and your property values go down. But, hey! The "diversity! So rich, so vibrant!" :ROFLMAO:

Commies must love their weed.

NEW YORK- New York City has secured a notable distinction as the world’s premier cannabis- consuming hub, a recent study highlights. The city’s voracious appetite for cannabis, evident through an annual consumption of 62.3 metric tons, positions it atop the 2023 Cannabis Global Price Index.

Despite the recent legalization of marijuana in 2021, the metropolis has swiftly established itself as a global leader in cannabis utilization. The study underscores the substantial amount of cannabis being smoked, vaporized, and consumed in various forms by New Yorkers.

The relaxed stance toward marijuana consumption in New York City has facilitated a burgeoning cannabis culture, fostering the proliferation of numerous unlicensed pot shops. In contrast, the establishment of legal dispensaries has encountered some delays, reflecting the dynamic landscape of the city’s cannabis market.

While the study emphasizes New Yorkers’ pronounced affinity for cannabis, it also notes certain economic nuances. The price point for cannabis in the city stands at approximately $12.5 per gram, positioning it as the fourth-most expensive location for cannabis procurement within the United States.

Washington, D.C., claims the title of the nation’s most expensive city for cannabis, with prices averaging $19.10 per gram. Tokyo holds the distinction of being the global frontrunner in cannabis pricing, with an average cost of $33.80 per gram.

New York City’s spot at the top of cannabis consumption, coupled with its evolving regulatory framework, illustrates the multifaceted nature of the marijuana industry within the urban landscape. As the city’s relationship with cannabis continues to evolve, its place on the global cannabis stage remains a subject of intrigue and exploration.
Florida has relatively inexpensive medical grade weed. Figure a 30ml tincture with 500g THC for $25. 10/10mg gummies for $12 . 10mg joints indica/hybrid/sativa your choice for $4-$7 each where a couple of hits sends you into the spirit world. Bulk @ $60-$100/ounce.

1. Yes, it is more powerful than the stuff the hippies smoked in the 60s and 70s.
2. If NYC smells like New Orleans which is a bad combo of skunk weed + urine, don't go there.
3. Weed has medical benefits especially if it's in oil and tablet form and not abused. Certain strains are very relaxing and help people to sleep better.
4. I cannot imagine going back to prohibition because it's truly a waste of resources keeping it illegal.

I'll guarantee you that more lib policies of being soft on real crime, is NOT the answer.

We have. It's the lib policies of not prosecuting crimes resulting from thugish behavior.

The gov doesn't listen to the people. Have you been hiding under a rock for the past 80 years? The gov thinks it's there to tell us how to do it.

The results you are getting is proof that they don't work.
....because if they worked, it would not have led to the situation you ended up with.

The gov has been "helping" people for a long time, and what good has it done? Not much. All I see it having done is to create an entitlement mentality across a large swath of the population.

The more they are given, the more they want.

It takes time for decay to show itself.

A tree can appear perfectly fine on the outside, but be full of rot on the inside that only becomes apparent later on.

Same idea applies to bad gov policies. They seem benign for awile, but later on the problems start showing up.

Making eben more people wards of the State is not gonna help.

The gov needs to gtf outta the way and let people either succeed or fail. It's not the gov's job to prop people up. Especially not those who have no desire to even try on their own.

Who is pushing wacked out ideas like of no bail? Or not prosecuting things like shoplifting?

Are R's doing that? No, they are not.

Where do we see rampant shoplifting? In dem run cities.

You should expect more deterioration then, because there is no sign of D's ever coming to the realization that their policies are the root of their problems.

And do what? Create an even bigger sense of entitlement in a certain segment of society?
Holy shit. What an enlightening ass whooping step-by-step analysis of the obvious blind holes in lib thinking.

It's in more than you think.

Some of it is because enforcing laws against those kinds of crimes costs the cities money that they don't want to spend.

I've watched it spread from a couple of neighborhoods to more and more, and am now seeing it in some suburbs. Not good
So when is the time to do something different, before we get those same results everywhere?

Ten years ago.
But ten years ago people were voting for the policies that ended up leading us to where we are now.

Is it time to double down on it?

That it just needs more time to really work?

How can anyone think that it's a good idea to release criminals with no bail who have been accused of crimes that actually hurt others?

I don't think that most people see that as a good thing, but the officials who create such policies keep getting elected and then re-elected. Are most people in those places just stupid, or what?

Edited to add: or if they aren't and those people truly don't want those super lib policies, are their elections somehow rigged in order to keep certain ones in power? Something is keeping them in power. Other than rigged elections or stupid voters, what could it be?

Last edited:
But ten years ago people were voting for the policies that ended up leading us to where we are now.

I was speaking figuratively. It's way past time when we should have done something to prevent all this.

It's in more than you think.

You're right about this. Earlier today I was looking through my news feed. There were several different stories about "shoplifting on steroids" in different places across America. And they weren't in big cities. Also, some crazy (and sad) stories about homelessness.

Like I said, I do not know what the answer is.

You can't have people walking around without money in their pockets. And there simply isn't a job for everyone who needs one. What do you do? UBI?

People who are addicted to drugs are not criminals. So what do you do? Lock them up at taxpayers expense? Detox and try to help them find employment and a place to live?

As for the shoplifters? Should we lock all of them up? What about when they get released?

How about housing for the addicts and the homeless? Where do we put them?

One thing is for sure: Uncle Walt was right about teaching morality. We used to teach it a long time ago...........need to bring it back in spades.

I wish I had the answers, but I don't. Maybe we need to take a look at other countries and see how they deal with this? I think a good place to start may be northern Europe? Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland? May be worth a shot?

How about you? Any ideas?

I was speaking figuratively. It's way past time when we should have done something to prevent all this.
Problem is, no one wants to do anything until a problem becomes glaringly huge. Before then, anyone with the aptitude and foresight to see where it's gonna lead, are told to sit down and shut up. That everything's fine.

You're right about this. Earlier today I was looking through my news feed. There were several different stories about "shoplifting on steroids" in different places across America. And they weren't in big cities. Also, some crazy (and sad) stories about homelessness
It's happening everywhere. As for the homeless, they're everywhere too.

I see 'em all the time in certain parts of town. They tend to keep 'em moving here though. No big giant camps of them in public areas. See 'em sleeping on benches and whatnot. Occasional tent. For the most part they set up their stuff in the small wooded areas around town. Which really sucks for the neighborhood kids, as it's not safe to go play in those wooded areas like me and my friends did when we were kids. Building forts, making trails, climbing trees, playing army, or just exploring. Stuff like that. Nowadays kids would have a good chance of finding homeless camps.

Like I said, I do not know what the answer is
Would you think that more of the same policies that got us the results we are seeing, might be the answer?

You can't have people walking around without money in their pockets. And there simply isn't a job for everyone who needs one.
So why on God's green Earth is the current administration hell bent on letting in as many low/no skill workers into the country as they possibly can?
If, as you admit, that there simply isn't jobs for all, don't you question the policies allowing so many more people in who will all need a job at some point? How does that help you and I and our families and neighbors?
....and those millions of people coming in all need a place to live too, and that increases demand in an already strained housing and rents market.

What do you do? UBI?
No! That would only cause more people to want to come here. We need to do stuff that discourages them from wanting to come here in the first place.

You know, like the stuff Trump did.

People who are addicted to drugs are not criminals.
No, not for merely doing the drugs. On that, I agree. People should have the Right to do whatever they want to their own bodies.

So what do you do? Lock them up at taxpayers expense?
Yes, but not for the drugs. You lock 'em up for the crimes they commit in pursuit of the money they need to BUY the drugs.
.....or the crimes they commit as a result of having used the drugs.

Only if they really really want it.

if they don't really want it, it won't work. As soon as they are released, they'll be on the phone to their dealer.

and try to help them find employment and a place to live?
Again, only if they truly want help.

As for the shoplifters? Should we lock all of them up? What about when they get released?
Yes, lock them up for the amount of time the law says they get.
Ie: no plea deals for reduced sentences, no time off the sentence for any reason. If the law says 20 years, they get 20 years.
.....and do that for all violations where an actual victim exists. Ie: someone whose property or person was damaged, not what are referred to as "victimless crimes". Those should become non-crimes.

The punishment has to be harsh enough that it makes 'em not want to do what they did to get locked up in the first place.

As it stands now, too many see jail time as simply being street cred.

How about housing for the addicts and the homeless? Where do we put them?
In camps. Give 'em a choice. Either clean up on their own and fix their life, or come live in our work camp.
....but whatever it is, let them know that camping along the streets and in every nook and cranny around town will not be tolerated.

One thing is for sure: Uncle Walt was right about teaching morality. We used to teach it a long time ago...........need to bring it back in spades.
Decades ago. Look how long it's taken to see the fruit of that decision.
Which is a good example of what I'm talking about when I say it takes time for the rotten fruit of bad governmental policies to rear their ugly heads.

I wish I had the answers, but I don't. Maybe we need to take a look at other countries and see how they deal with this? I think a good place to start may be northern Europe? Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland? May be worth a shot?
How about just going back to what we did before we changed a bunch of stuff that resulted in the problems we see?
.....but a lot of people don't want to do that because relative to today, those were all very conservative-minded policies.

How about you? Any ideas?
Yea. Go back to the more conservative policies of the past that generated the results that made this nation great to begin with.

Last edited:
Awright. Time for the old bastage to step in with an already worked-and-proven (temporary) solution.

The last time there were no jobs, folks without housing, no particular hope... was the Great Depression. My beloved FIL was a young man without a chance in the world.

The solution (that worked) was the CCC <-- Civilian Conservation Corps. If you wanted to eat, if you wanted a place to sleep, if you wanted to get through the time of zero hope... You could join the CCC.

It was a quasi-military thing. Bill (my FIL) told me the setup when he was in it: The men got paid $30 per month... $25 of which HAD to be sent to their families. <-- TINS This was a no-fukking-around, straight up survival path for a total of three million young men during the run of the program (ended in 1942 when there were jobs everywhere).

The work camps had military discipline. They did a lot of good for the infrastructure of America instead of destroying the infrastructure of America. With the "woke" shit going down all over, there is now no possible reason or excuse to avoid including women into the new, enlightened CCC. And menwomen/it types, too.

Awright. Time for the old bastage to step in with an already worked-and-proven (temporary) solution.

The last time there were no jobs, folks without housing, no particular hope... was the Great Depression. My beloved FIL was a young man without a chance in the world.

The solution (that worked) was the CCC <-- Civilian Conservation Corps. If you wanted to eat, if you wanted a place to sleep, if you wanted to get through the time of zero hope... You could join the CCC.

It was a quasi-military thing. Bill (my FIL) told me the setup when he was in it: The men got paid $30 per month... $25 of which HAD to be sent to their families. <-- TINS This was a no-fukking-around, straight up survival path for a total of three million young men during the run of the program (ended in 1942 when there were jobs everywhere).

The work camps had military discipline. They did a lot of good for the infrastructure of America instead of destroying the infrastructure of America. With the "woke" shit going down all over, there is now no possible reason or excuse to avoid including women into the new, enlightened CCC. And menwomen/it types, too.
Workfare has been replaced (and entrenched) by welfare. I cannot imagine the government making people work again.

Workfare has been replaced (and entrenched) by welfare. I cannot imagine the government making people work again.
I can, brother.

Just start at the top of a street and clean the sidewalks of tents, people, and confiscate all the shit all the way down its length. Put them in trucks to huge processing centers where each person would be given the chance of signing up for the New Civilian Conservation Corps.

No sign up means no food, no shelter and they cannot go back to the streets.

It is called "tough love".

OH. And to anticipate any bleeding hearts crying, "Oh! That is simply too harsh!" <-- May I point out that millions of men and women have already completed military basic training. Moreover, to drive the wooden stake point right through those bleeding hearts, know this:

"Less than ONE PERCENT of the population currently serves in the military. Veteran population is declining." -- https://recruiting.army.mil/pao/facts_figures/

And if you want to know what demographic is carrying the load: "79% in the military have relatives that served."

I am NOT recommending all sidewalk shitters be in the military. Most do not qualify** anyway.

**"71% of youth do not qualify for military service because of obesity, drugs, physical and mental health problems, misconduct, and aptitude." <-- ALL of which can be handled by a New CCC.

Prove me wrong. <-- WAIT, WAIT!! Ya say yer not satisfied, ya say ya want more to convince you. Well then, suspose I give you the results from the "inmates" POV regarding the "tough love" dealt out to them...

"The American public made the CCC the most popular of all the New Deal programs.[3] Sources written at the time claimed[4] an individual's enrollment in the CCC led to improved physical condition, heightened morale, and increased employability. The CCC also led to a greater public awareness and appreciation of the outdoors and the nation's natural resources, and the continued need for a carefully planned, comprehensive national program for the protection and development of natural resources."

Last edited:
I think a good place to start may be northern Europe? Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland? May be worth a shot?

How about just going back to what we did before we changed a bunch of stuff that resulted in the problems we see?
.....but a lot of people don't want to do that because relative to today, those were all very conservative-minded policies.

The reason I mentioned looking at other countries is because they probably have the same type of problems we do but have a different way of dealing with them.

I wonder how much money they spend on their military / defense budgets per year as compared to us?
How much money they spend on national health care per year as per us?
How much their citizens pay per year for their health care as compared to how much the average American pays per year?
How much their citizens pay for certain drugs as compared to how much an American pays for those same drugs?
How their national pension plans compares to our Social Security?
How they deal with crimes like shoplifting as compared to how we deal with them?
How they deal with immigration as compared to what we do?
How their police are trained as compared to how our police are trained?
How many of their police are involved in fatal shootings per year as compared to ours?
Do they have aged politicians in power for years the way we do?
Do they have term limits in place for their politicians?
How do they deal with convicted criminals as compared to us?
Are there major differences in their educational systems as compared to ours?

Maybe we could look at how some other countries deal with the same problems we have and learn from it? Our ways of dealing with these problems don't seem to be working.

I don't see this as a Republican or a Democrat issue. It's an American issue. Until our elected ones stop their partisan bullshit and start working together as Americans for a common cause, things will just keep getting worse. And I don't see them getting together any time soon.

Imagine if the lunatics that are in power today had been in power during WWII?

Back
Top Bottom