Nancy Pelosi’s husband beaten with hammer in violent attack

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

There are a lot of posts in this thread that have not aged well.

There are a lot of posts in this thread that have not aged well.
When access to factual data is prevented, speculation is all that is left.

Had officials released the vid and 911 call soon after it happened, as opposed to actively trying to prevent that release, no one would have had to speculate at all.

Also, the fact they immediately tried connecting his attack to the dems political opponents didn't help to quell the speculation either. If anything, it fueled it.

Looks like a drink. He is a Pelosi, after all.
I've only seen it on a phone screen, so it was kinda hard to tell but it kinda looked like that's what it might have been.

Holding a drink while struggling over a hammer with someone substantially younger, and presumably stronger, seems a bit odd.

I've only seen it on a phone screen, so it was kinda hard to tell but it kinda looked like that's what it might have been.

Holding a drink while struggling over a hammer with someone substantially younger, and presumably stronger, seems a bit odd.

That's not the only odd thing about this mess. How about that rear patio window that was busted out from the inside? How and when did that happen? Why didn't it set off the glass break detectors? I have those and I'm not third in line for the Presidency. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tions-home-invasion-triggered-no-warning.html

Who let DePape into the house? How was he able to gain access without triggering any of the security layers?

That's not the only odd thing about this mess. How about that rear patio window that was busted out from the inside? How and when did that happen? Why didn't it set off the glass break detectors? I have those and I'm not third in line for the Presidency. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...tions-home-invasion-triggered-no-warning.html

Who let DePape into the house? How was he able to gain access without triggering any of the security layers?

It's pretty clear he was an invited guest.... the patio door nonsense a bad attempt to cover-up.

looked like Paul spilled some of his vodka out...through the veins in his skull

what a mess, caught there for a split second or so...head wounds not only cause brain damage, they cause abrasions(is that the word to describe an impact point break in the skin?) that bleed like you're gonna die

A Bay Area television station said the man accused of attacking Paul Pelosi with a hammer in his Pacific Heights home in October called the station with a message on Friday after a San Francisco Superior Court released audio and video of the attack the same day.

From the San Francisco County Jail, David DePape, 42, who has been charged with attempted murder, elder abuse, and federal kidnapping charges in connection with the attack, called KTVU’s Amber Lee, telling her that he had an “important message,” and claiming that he carried out the assault on Pelosi because “people’s liberties were under attack.” He also eerily apologized for not hurting more people, the station reported.

He also claimed he had the “names and addresses” of people he claims are responsible for taking away freedom.

“I want to apologize to everyone. I messed up. What I did was really bad,” DePape said on the less than six-minute call, according to KTVU. “I’m so sorry I didn’t get more of them. It’s my own fault. No one else is to blame. I should have come better prepared.”

The station said Friday’s call was “unexpected” and DePape told the reporter she couldn’t ask any follow-up questions because he didn’t want to “jeopardize his case,” but allowed the phone call to be recorded.
DePape, who has pleaded not guilty, is expected to appear in court on February 23.

What are the odds that he'll be found incompetent to stand trial and committed?

What are the odds that he'll be found incompetent to stand trial and committed?

Who? Pelosi? Not likely. He could stomp babies on the LA freeway and not get any charges filed.

democrat268.png

From the link:

A federal jury has convicted the suspect accused of the violent hammer attack against Paul Pelosi at his and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco home last year.

The jury began deliberating Wednesday afternoon before reaching a verdict late Thursday morning, finding David DePape guilty on both federal counts.

Pelosi, 83, suffered a skull fracture after being struck in the head with a hammer during the early morning attack on Oct. 28, 2022, which occurred just days before the midterm elections, police said.

DePape’s attorney, Jodi Linker, conceded on the first day of the trial that her client was the one to attack the 83-year-old Paul Pelosi, but argued that his motivation for the assault did not match the charges against him. “This case here is about the why — the why matters. This case is about whether David acted because of, on account of, Nancy Pelosi’s duties as a member of Congress. He didn’t,” Linker had argued to the jury. “And he only struck Paul Pelosi in a quick moment of despair because the police arrived and his larger plan was thwarted.”

Testifying in his own defense on Tuesday, DePape, gave jurors a closer look at his motives before the attack, becoming emotional at times as he shared examples of conspiracy theories he felt were true.

DePape recalled that he was focused on Nancy Pelosi and that her husband, Paul, was not on his list of targets. He was “surprised and confused,” he testified, when he found out that the congresswoman was not home.

“I’m telling him, I have other targets, but if you stop me, I’ll go through you,” DePape said, recounting a conversation with Paul Pelosi, adding that he then reacted and hit him “in the head,” because his plan was “basically ruined.”

DePape's own testimony contradicts the gay lover BS.

The jury began deliberating Wednesday afternoon before reaching a verdict late Thursday morning, finding David DePape guilty on both federal counts.
How is battery a federal count? I thought simple crimes were state matters.

How is battery a federal count? I thought simple crimes were state matters.

The federal charges had to do with his attack on the immediate family member of a federal official. He still faces state charges.

From the link federal charges:

DePape was convicted in federal court of one count of assault on the immediate family member of a federal official, with the jury determining that he used a dangerous weapon, and a second count of attempted kidnapping of a federal official. He could face a maximum sentence of 30 years and 20 years on the charges, respectively.

From the link state charges:

San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins said following the verdict that her team “will confer with the federal prosecutors and with the victim in this case as we determine what our next steps in the state case will be.”

“Mr. DePape is facing a different set of charges in our case including attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, and false imprisonment. We are confident in our case and are prepared to move forward to trial,” Jenkins said.

Man convicted of attacking ex-Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband with a hammer sentenced to 30 years​

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The man convicted of attempting to kidnap then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and attacking her husband with a hammer was sentenced Friday to 30 years in prison.

Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley handed down the sentence for David DePape, 44, whom jurors found guilty last November of attempted kidnapping of a federal official and assault on the immediate family member of a federal official. Prosecutors had asked for a 40-year prison term.

DePape was given 20 years for one count and 30 years for another count. The sentences will run concurrently. He was also given credit for the 18 months that he's been in custody.

More:

Man convicted of attacking ex-Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband with a hammer sentenced to 30 years​

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The man convicted of attempting to kidnap then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and attacking her husband with a hammer was sentenced Friday to 30 years in prison.

Judge Jacqueline Scott Corley handed down the sentence for David DePape, 44, whom jurors found guilty last November of attempted kidnapping of a federal official and assault on the immediate family member of a federal official. Prosecutors had asked for a 40-year prison term.

DePape was given 20 years for one count and 30 years for another count. The sentences will run concurrently. He was also given credit for the 18 months that he's been in custody.

More:

3 hots and a cot... plenty of gay bootie... this is his 'sentence'???

Back
Top Bottom