Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Goldhedge

GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Oh, so now you enjoy Russian state media. </pokes bear>
Just posting what comes down the pike. I'm sure it's all over the BBC...?

Edit by PMBug: I moved some posts here from another thread as this was not germaine to the original topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, the news is real, that wasn't the point of my bear poking. I assume that since you posted the news from a Russian state news source (as opposed to literally *any* news source), that you likely prefer getting your news from the same source. Just goes to the reporting and confirmation bias discussion we were having in the Ukraine thread.

I get that... but I pulled it from Telegram - indy reporter Eva K. Bartlett thread.
Ah, that's different.

Wikipedia - is editable and is no source... Look up Trump

Trump's political positions have been described as populist, protectionist, isolationist, and nationalist.§ He won the 2016 United States presidential election as the Republican nominee against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton,§ but lost the popular vote.§[a] He became the first U.S. president with no prior military or government service. His election and policies sparked numerous protests.§ The 2017–2019 special counsel investigation led by Robert Mueller established that Russia interfered in the 2016 election§ to benefit the Trump campaign but did not establish that members of the campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia.§ Trump promoted conspiracy theories§ and made many false and misleading statements§ during his campaigns and presidency,§ to a degree unprecedented in American politics. Many of his comments and actions have been characterized as racially charged or racist,§ and many as misogynistic.§
according to whom?

I included the footnote sources for the sentences I quoted.

Still doesn't invalidate her being there on the ground reporting.

There are Richard Lancaster, Graham Phillips, Brian Berletic and others reporting there who have also been broadly painted with the same 'conspiracy' brush.

It's the "cancel culture" society these days. Anyone that presents an 'other than approved' message gets disappeared.

It's the "Kill the messenger, because we said so" mentality that provokes my ire.

Anytime I hear 'conspiracy theory', or 'misinformation', or 'propaganda' it piques my interest all the more...

Funny, we never see those monikers placed on western media....

Still doesn't invalidate her being there on the ground reporting. ...

I never claimed that it did. I only posit that it informs her bias, and by extension, confirmation bias of folks who follow her.

Pusuant to my earlier post about Max Blumenthal:

I ran across this while browsing the web yesterday (on my phone):

Including here so it doesn't get lost, the Alex bros (The Duran):

Last edited:
Here's some other people who's work is being disseminated in the Urkraine thread as "independent" (click through links if you want to see footnote sources):

~~~

Brian Berletic (and/or his pen name Tony Cartalucci) is a contributor to Grayzone (see post #9) and Russian media sites including New Eastern Outlook and Russia Insider.

More on the Alex bros:

Grayzone:

At some point you have to realize that you are dealing with the fog of war. Here's what I'm pretty sure I know;

Obama fomented a color revolution and overthrew a standing government.
Hunter made millions in an illegitimate grift enriching his family afterwards.
Zelinsky also profited in the grift.
Those people are all in bed together.
Aid packages sent to the Ukraine were laundered and sent back to where they came from.

This laundry isn't just dirty. It has rats feasting on the vomit and feces throughout.

Propaganda is a subject I've read a good bit about. Always like learning how governments, religions and businesses employ techniques to bring people to act a certain way, believe certain things and spend their money on certain things.

Some interesting reading here:

@Goldhedge - what do those tweets have to do with the subject of this thread (propaganda)?

@Goldhedge - what do those tweets have to do with the subject of this thread (propaganda)?
You discredited the reporters I was posting as propaganda, so I thought you might consider Marwa for debunking as well?

I wondered if Marwa worked for RT?

You discredited the reporters I was posting as propaganda, so I thought you might consider Marwa for debunking as well?

Never heard of her before. Searches for "Marwa Osman" yield lots of hits that appear to be different people sharing the same name. Her (the one you brought up) twitter page says that she is a host for a TV show on Iran's state media PressTV. PressTV says the same:

Just a guess, but her show on PressTV likely conforms to the station's editorial standards, so yeah, it's likely that she pushes Iranian propaganda.

Let's get up a pmbug team (say ten of us) and go on over there and report the straight arrow stuff.

Unfortunately, I cannot go with y'all, but I will read all the reports.

Let's get up a pmbug team (say ten of us) and go on over there and report the straight arrow stuff.

Unfortunately, I cannot go with y'all, but I will read all the reports.
I can't go either. No passport.

Would we be considered US propagandists, or Russian?

This is more about propaganda, than the Russia-Ukraine war, so posting it here. Tucker Carlson stuff starts after 3mins into the video.

Propaganda gets amplified by folks who want to believe:

Once in a while I'll follow certain posts to their original sources. Last one I followed called themselves "2nd smartest guy in the world." Their main page was post after post about vaccine stuff and some hit pieces on Fauci.

Two thoughts came to mind:

- Someone was a bit crazy and had way too much free time on their hands.

Then I figured nah. This was too well done for a keyboard warrior to be behind it. So.............

- Has to be the work of a government. Now which gov would benefit from creating division and dissent about this (as well other topics like election integrity) here in America? C'mon now...........put your thinking caps on. Why it's Russia, Russia, Russia of course. You know................those people Trump and some repubs like to champion.

Yeah - yeah I've lost my mind. Have a terminal case of TDS. I'm a never Trumper and all kinds of other good shit. lol

Just ask "who benefits from all of this insanity."

These corporate MSM articles like to label and leave out details they wish to hide.

Both of those doctors are not “anti-vaxx, anti-vaccine”. They are speaking out about this recent experimental drug therapy and mandates.

“The main task is raising a patriot. We are rewriting all of our textbooks in all subjects.”

This was the newest directive from State Duma deputy Nina Ostanina, Chair of the Committee on Family, Women and Children to Sergey Kravtsov, the Minister of Education of Russia. The directive was seconded by her colleague, Oleg Smolin, the first deputy chair of the Committee on Science and Higher Education. Smolin added that “patriotism should not be the subject of individual lessons but rather the theme of the entire education system.”

It is unclear why Minister Kravtsov needed to be reminded of this. He constantly talks about patriotism and it is not only a matter of words. Today, Russian schools have turned into propaganda machines with the goal of “educating good citizens”. The ideology is specific. Russia has a loving president, the army and traditional family values must be honored and respected and these are the new tasks for teachers. However, not everyone is in favor of the new curriculum. The Barents Observer talked to several teachers and parents who oppose the introduction of military propaganda into the schools. Some of whom have even succeeded.

More (long):

^^^ From your link:

But this study suggests that many Americans are not solely skeptical of news today — they feel distrust on an emotional level, believing news organizations intend to mislead them and are indifferent to the social and political impact of their reporting.

Now why would that be so? Could the fact that the news media lied and misled the public when it came to their reporting on Trump have anything to do with it? After all, they (the msm) assured us for over 3 years that he was Putin's puppet.
...but then the truth came out that it was all a bunch of made up shit intended to remove a duly elected President from office.
...but now we're supposed to act as though none of that happened?

A tale of two media where neither deals with it's audience honestly:

.but then the truth came out that it was all a bunch of made up shit intended to remove a duly elected President from office.

Joe.................serious question.

Do you have any viable proof of this that you can actually go public with or is this simply an opinion? If you have proof will you share it?

If it's an opinion, what is it based upon?

Not looking for an argument, just facts.

India is going full gangsta on the BBC for reporting on a story in a way that they didn't like:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…