PayPal did NOT back down

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I heard there are a lot of people closing their accounts because of the new policy and rightly so

idiots

Folks need to detach that parasite from their bank accounts. First thing I did about a year ago, and haven't used them since. Will never use them again.

Maybe the Central banks wanted PayPal closed, this policy is a good first step!

Their ability to fine you $2,500 is IN THE CONTRACT you agree to if you use PayPal.

Know that if they disagree with you, you just had $2,500 taken from you.

Sauce:https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...s-for-promoting-hate-and-intolerance-n1635846
i've been with Paypal for years, through my connections with ebay

now that that's been changed, i'm only paying back what i borrowed at one point...not that much

but, where is my electronic signature accepting theses changes???

without that, there's actually no contract unless / until some court sides with that entire false paradigm...acceptance by use

and if they do find it legal, why would they make a line in the sand where they won't add in at a later date: My First Born Child, my last ICE vehicle, removal of the natural gas lines from my house... somewhere in there???

fools leading us to the slaughter yet, we're the bigger fools for participating in any of it

yes, me too

There's even "How To" sites all over the Net telling you how to get PayPal out of your underwear by ditching them.

Just change your bank account numbers. Easy to do. Once detached and can no longer access your account, they're done.

Maybe the Central banks wanted PayPal closed, this policy is a good first step!
They would have to get PPs management complicit in this corporate suicide.

If the people running PP want to destroy PP...there's nothing we can do. This is intolerable.

I'm debating whether to close the account or not. I've had an account for eight years; I never borrowed money off it. I think I've used it maybe five times. Right now I have a zero balance in it; and the bank account it's tied to, has about a $10 balance in it (one of my CU accounts).

They make no money off me; I'm thinking there's zero percentage in actually closing it. I know their game, now; so I'll not be using the account until things change or an emergency.

They would have to get PPs management complicit in this corporate suicide.

If the people running PP want to destroy PP...there's nothing we can do. This is intolerable.

I'm debating whether to close the account or not. I've had an account for eight years; I never borrowed money off it. I think I've used it maybe five times. Right now I have a zero balance in it; and the bank account it's tied to, has about a $10 balance in it (one of my CU accounts).

They make no money off me; I'm thinking there's zero percentage in actually closing it. I know their game, now; so I'll not be using the account until things change or an emergency.
CJ -- the flaw in yer plan is that the PayPal Dis/Mis-Info Police may come upon this site... and decide to fine you (without even telling you) $2,500 for the nasty things you said about xiden.

I wonder if that fine you have coming (the Internet never forgets) is for each time, or just a simple one-shot.

Keep your PayPal account and let us know their decision... :rolleyes:

@Unca Walt - I don't think Paypal is going after individual forum members. They are/were/will be threatening the forums/platforms (ie. me) with a fine for every instance they find of something they claim violates their AUP (acceptable use policy).

@Unca Walt - I don't think Paypal is going after individual forum members. They are/were/will be threatening the forums/platforms (ie. me) with a fine for every instance they find of something they claim violates their AUP (acceptable use policy).
That's really rotten. You could wind up a Jan 6 political prisoner, you supremacist.

CJ -- the flaw in yer plan is that the PayPal Dis/Mis-Info Police may come upon this site... and decide to fine you (without even telling you) $2,500 for the nasty things you said about xiden.

I wonder if that fine you have coming (the Internet never forgets) is for each time, or just a simple one-shot.

I heard each time.

Well...I removed bank information.

There's only a token amount in that account, anyway. My monthly budget is in another account, and my savings are at the bottom of the lake.

Didn't see a way to actually **CLOSE** the account. I suspect it's like closing a Face___k account - like the Hotel California, you can log out, but you can never leave.

They have several hurdles, now, if they try a punitive fine...which would be a neat trick, when there is no commerce is involved. I'd love to see them defending just taking money from a user, not even associated with a transaction, because one of their Truth Squad didn't like an opinion.

This has been a month of de-industrialization for me. Gave up smartphones. Gave up wi-fi hotspots. Now, closed out Pay-not-Pal. Had to cut connection with Fleabay, which is why I originally opened it.

Now I hunker down.

Back
Top Bottom