PMBug changes are coming

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

heh thread title says 'changes are coming' ..... and dated August 2019
So with this level of prediction accuracy, Whats brewing at the moment bug ?

Just a note to say whatever was going on with the website yesterday ( big red warning signs suggesting the site was compromised in some way ) seems to have gone, as its BAU today.
Phew, woulda missed ya, even though its pretty quiet here atm.

Let me tell you, running a website is a never ending font of unbridled joy. You get lulled into a sense of complacency - you build it, it works and works and works and seems to require no maintenance at all. And then, shit breaks and you can't figure out why. At least not for several hours or days while visitors wonder if the site is still alive.

I'm using Let's Encrypt's SSL certification to enable the https:// secure/encrypted protocol. Their certification only lasts 3 months and it is *supposed* to auto-renew upon expiration. It had been working fine for the last year or so, but yesterday it failed to auto-renew. I contacted my server guy to investigate and he said:
Manually ran renew from command line and it didn't work
Manually ran get new cert and it said "hey you want to renew", said
yes and it worked.
Will need to dig through logs to figure out what is going on.

So, unless he figures out why it didn't auto-renew, it's likely that we'll need to manually renew the certificate again in 3 months. Huzzah!

Also, this thread was started in anticipation of moving the site from vBulletin to Xenforo and we made that switch a while back. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom