Random Pictures Thread

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

They got funky chickens out by Walt in West Palm Beach. Funny thing is I don't see any beach around here only dirt roads.

20230526_092145.jpg20230526_092150.jpg20230526_092145.jpg

Erroll Flynn & Werner Klemperer in the movie Istanbul.

20230601_145213.jpg20230601_145206.jpg

20230601_145213.jpg20230601_145206.jpg

I knew an original WWII UDT dude who trained right where you are sitting in the above pic. Some trivia he told me:

When they got ashore, they had to bury their Nitro explosives deep under the sand to keep them cool during the day -- otherwise, they would get too hot and explode.

The 10th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers Team (the Burros) at Fort Bayard in the 1890s.

FORT BAYARD Baseball team.jpg

I knew an original WWII UDT dude who trained right where you are sitting in the above pic. Some trivia he told me:

When they got ashore, they had to bury their Nitro explosives deep under the sand to keep them cool during the day -- otherwise, they would get too hot and explode.
They buried lots of ordinance and equipment too in addition to dumping offshore. The war was over and everybody wanted to go home. Order was given that they were allowed to leave as soon as the buildings and tents were down and everything else disposed of.

Peter MacDonald, served as a Navajo Code talker during WWII. As a young radio operator his code was never broken by the Japanese during his time in Guam, and China with the 6th Marine Division. Peter is the acting president of the Navajo Code Talker Association one of the last remaining survivors. During the war twelve Native American dialects were spoken to include Mohawk, Seminole, Iroquois, Choctaw, Mohegan, and Pawnee. www.theWWIIRifle.com

macdonald.jpg

20230721_104820.jpg

He was right
We was wrong
But we strung him up
And now he's gone.

A recent Fly fishing trip to Branson. Probably the best fishing trip I've ever had. WE caught an incredible amount of trout and only had time to take pics of a few of them. That first one was 29 1/2 inches long and 9 lbs 9 oz. These were all released but I'm having a reproduction of that one made.

. photo_2023-10-30_13-43-41 me big brown.jpgphoto_2023-11-01_20-26-59 me big brown.jpgphoto_2023-11-01_20-26-59brown and me.jpgphoto_2023-11-01_20-26-59bent over brown.jpgphoto_2023-10-29_20-00-20 big bow and reel.jpgphoto_2023-11-01_20-26-59brown in H2O & reel.jpg

A recent Fly fishing trip to Branson. Probably the best fishing trip I've ever had. WE caught an incredible amount of trout and only had time to take pics of a few of them. That first one was 29 1/2 inches long and 9 lbs 9 oz. These were all released but I'm having a reproduction of that one made.

. View attachment 11016View attachment 11017View attachment 11018View attachment 11019View attachment 11020View attachment 11021

if that was on the Taneycomo River , that is indeed a nice place to catch fish!

we always stay at Rockaway Beach and launch from there….

a visit to the hatchery is a cool side trip!

I'm so proud of our new rescue dog Tucker. He's a German Wirehaired Pointer who's had a very tough year. He was abandoned and almost starved to death. Only weighed 22 lbs when he was sent to a local shelter back in March. Spent 7 months in the shelter recovering. We were lucky to find him and adopt. He's got great instincts and he got the job done this morning.

We moved to Iowa this past spring and I've been chomping at the bit to get after some pheasants. The old Ruger Red Label, Tucker and a proud old man came together today for a great outing right near our new home. The heartland has been very good to us......

Me Tucker and birds.jpgRed Label and pheasants.jpgTucker profile & birds.jpgsmiling tucker.jpgTucker 1.jpg

Last edited:
if that was on the Taneycomo River , that is indeed a nice place to catch fish!

we always stay at Rockaway Beach and launch from there….

a visit to the hatchery is a cool side trip!

That is indeed Lake Taneycomo. I went with a friend and we stayed at Big Cedar Lodge. I would have liked to tour the Hatchery but it was under construction. Maybe next trip. I look forward to doing this trip again soon

Back
Top Bottom