Random Pictures Thread

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Btw, in Poland (at least) I was told that Elephant figurines with upturned trunks are considered good luck. And the smaller the elephant the bigger the luck.

Oh, and the more upturned the trunk, the bigger the luck. Missing that edit feature!
Very interesting. Thanks for the info! Maybe I will get super powers if I put the elephant next to my lucky agate.

lucky agate?
hows zat work?
<grin>

You wouldn't understand. :D

I was on a rock collecting trip at a large gravel pit with about 50 other people. Right at the start I was going to head straight to the big "drop", the area at the bottom of the dig out where a lot of large rocks collect. A number of people were practically running for the spot so I figured oh well there's a lot of other areas to look. When finally they were all done digging around the drop I figured I would go check it out and right aweay I found my best agate of the trip right there where people were digging for them and somehow not one of them noticed it.

Agate-Pit1BigRedWhite-Img_1730S.jpg

That was pretty lucky. It became my "pocket agate" that I would take just about anywhere I went. One day out rock collecting I thought I would rub it for good luck and then found the best agate of my life. So my pocket agate became my lucky agate. I should take it fishing some time.

Agate-RedWite.75-2013-IMG_2684SS.jpg

Really nice piece of banded lace agate.

I've got several around here somewhere, all boxed up, I need to get them out.

You wouldn't understand. :D

I was on a rock collecting trip at a large gravel pit with about 50 other people. Right at the start I was going to head straight to the big "drop", the area at the bottom of the dig out where a lot of large rocks collect. A number of people were practically running for the spot so I figured oh well there's a lot of other areas to look. When finally they were all done digging around the drop I figured I would go check it out and right aweay I found my best agate of the trip right there where people were digging for them and somehow not one of them noticed it.

View attachment 3460

That was pretty lucky. It became my "pocket agate" that I would take just about anywhere I went. One day out rock collecting I thought I would rub it for good luck and then found the best agate of my life. So my pocket agate became my lucky agate. I should take it fishing some time.

View attachment 3461
Beautiful specimen. Waiting to see the "best agate" find.

I think my biggest agate find is about the same size as yours. I want to say it is 9 pounds but probably need to weigh it again in case I remember wrong.

I should get some better pics of this one some day when there is good lighting.
MossAgate-Big-IMG_8887S.jpg

Edit: oh, and it's shaped like a skull

I want to build a quonset home like the hangar, but more contemporary.

Newmisty -- Having passed the 82-year mark (jeez), I gotta tellya what I saw as a little kid -- It was a blue and yellow US Army Air Force biplane that flew over our house when I was 4 years old. Not a museum piece, but an in-service Army plane. I so clearly remember that the roundels on the wings were stars and circles in red, white, and blue.

1669415499433.png

Oh. Now that some small time has passed, as a pilot I can tell you sumpin' about the pic above of a Squid Stearman:

Note the guy is sitting in the back seat. The way the plane is made, the solo guy HAS to sit in the back to make it fly level. Instructor sits in front when there is a student aboard.

Oh again... Since there ain't no radio on board, in order to land at an airplane patch, the pilot puts the plane on the downwind leg and waggles his wings. He we get a green hand-held lantern flashing at him from the tower. <-- I have done this (flying a J-3).

I. Am. Old.

I think Unca Walt was a wing walker.
My very first flight. The Instructor was in front in the J-3. We did stalls, Dutch rolls (sideways), slip-slides...

Eventually, I leaned out and barfed. Lemme tellya some physics: If you barf out of an aerioplane, a vacuum forms around your face. So you are beautifully painted in grug.

The instructor laughed when I asked if that happened to anyone else.

His answer: "Every single one. You lasted longer than most." <-- (Well, I be a sumbitch...)

Since this was military-connected, I had to wash down the fargin J-3.

Newmisty -- Having passed the 82-year mark (jeez), I gotta tellya what I saw as a little kid -- It was a blue and yellow US Army Air Force biplane that flew over our house when I was 4 years old. Not a museum piece, but an in-service Army plane. I so clearly remember that the roundels on the wings were stars and circles in red, white, and blue.

View attachment 3575

Oh. Now that some small time has passed, as a pilot I can tell you sumpin' about the pic above of a Squid Stearman:

Note the guy is sitting in the back seat. The way the plane is made, the solo guy HAS to sit in the back to make it fly level. Instructor sits in front when there is a student aboard.

Oh again... Since there ain't no radio on board, in order to land at an airplane patch, the pilot puts the plane on the downwind leg and waggles his wings. He we get a green hand-held lantern flashing at him from the tower. <-- I have done this (flying a J-3).

I. Am. Old.
"Waggles" - word of the day

Lots of 50% off sales at dispensaries this week. I consider Eran Almog tincture the gold standard. It's a super foggy indica.20221125_184229.jpg20221125_184302.jpg20221125_184315.jpg20221125_184315.jpg

Big pharma makes extended release and add other medicine to make a new custom compound to rip everybody off in a new product cycle.

The MMJ is very effective when nothing else works. Ask Willie Nelson.

Back
Top Bottom