Rasmussen poll on a return to a gold standard

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
United-States
Superpollster Scott Rasmussen has pulled the pin and rolled one of his patented hand grenades under the chair of the Political Class. Rasmussen’s “October Surprise” is contained in a recent poll showing 44% of likely voters favor returning to the gold standard, 28% opposed.

That intensifies. If the public knew that it would “dramatically reduce the powers of bankers and the political class to steer the economy” support goes up to 57%. Opposition drops to 19%.

Reducing the power of bankers and the political class — along with gold’s empirical record of turbo-charging job-creation and economic growth — is core for gold’s proponents. Thus, that inevitably will become public knowledge and make gold a potentially huge electoral asset.

And there’s more. Rasmussen’s results show that 79% of Tea Party voters (and 69% of simply self-described Republicans) would favor such an elitism-constraining gold standard. The only solid majority opposition comes, unsurprisingly, from self-described members of the political class. If anybody picks up on this dynamic it could prove decisive in what remains a remarkably fluid field with early contests fast approaching.

More: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/October-Surprise-Can-Gold-Be-xfoftp-3327442108.html

The original source for this article is behind a pay wall:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ic_has_mixed_views_of_return_to_gold_standard

I hope this bodes well for Ron Paul's H.R. 1098: Free Competition in Currency Act of 2011.

No one ever thought there would be an audit of the Fed either. If enough people put pressure on their Congrescritters, it can happen.

Bug,
While I like the idea, I see it as an AUTOMATIC confiscation, or mandatory turn in act.
And, with the UST, having Gold piced at under $43.00 per oz.
I do not see myself going along with another FDR THEFT.

Back
Top Bottom