The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Than that's a terrible flaw in the design...RIP

Well, yeah... it might be. There may be a point beyond which BTC can't fall without imploding. People argue this won't happen, years ago I would have argued -ve interest rates and -ve oil price would never happen and I'd have been wrong.

I guess we might see in 23 if current trend continues.

Do they need to submit applications or actually qualify against some standard this time?

Looks like a big topping tail in gold yesterday.
Both AG and AU show a small gain for the year. Both could break down from here and head lower into the new year though.

Looks like a big topping tail in gold yesterday.
Both AG and AU show a small gain for the year. Both could break down from here and head lower into the new year though.
Sure getting thumped today.

I'm a little concerned everyone out there seems to be tooting gold's horn for 2023...

Sure getting thumped today.

I'm a little concerned everyone out there seems to be tooting gold's horn for 2023...
I've noticed that as well. Maybe by the end of 2023 but 1st quarter I think the metals get dumped along with the rest of the markets. Once we find another bottom we get the flight to safety and the metals should start performing.

Waiting for one last bottom is not a game I'm willing to play. Because that is a good way to get left behind. Unrealized losses don't bother me.

Waiting for one last bottom is not a game I'm willing to play. Because that is a good way to get left behind. Unrealized losses don't bother me.

Works like a charm in a bull market.

Gold is in a rising wedge; bull breaks with no follow through. Tends to be a bearish pattern, although not always of course. IMO it is all about the dollar, which is in an equilibrium. If it breaks bull, gold could dump hard.

Last edited:

ALERT! BMO Capital Massive Loss on COMEX Silver but Covered by Gold Wins! RIGGED SILVER!! (Bix Weir)​

1.5x
The price of silver is rigged. Every day and every trade. Those rigging the market coordinate with each other handing out wins and losses in precious metals so that everybody comes out ahead EXCEPT the small players and those who don't follow the Rules of Corrupt Trading!! BMO Capital played by the rules for the December Silver Deliveries so they were REWARDED with 188,300 ounces of gold delivered to them in December!! THAT'S THE WAY THE GAME IS PLAYED!
18m

All the markets are rigged or controlled to a certain extent. Wall Street didn't spend 100's of millions to create the alto's to make things fair for Main Street. The alto's will run things up to take out the stops of the shorts and then turn around and run things down to take out the stops of the longs. I see it all over the place every day. Algo trading should be illegal but of course congress won't do anything bout it when they get lots of bribes(Donations) from Wall Street.

A breakout or a fakeout...
HUI finally broke through its 200-DMA yesterday, only to get smashed down below it today. Normally a bad sign. I'd give it a few days and look for follow-through on the downside before saying gold miners are done for.
This could be end-of-the-year window dressing. The powers that be might not want gold to close the year above 1829. So there could be a lid on this until January comes.
Also, alot of traders still on holiday until after the 1st, so its easier to move the markets for now.
sc.png

Nice chart. GDX ran into some serious resistance. We could see a small pullback but a break above $30 looks to be quite significant.
Not adding here. Skinny is bottom higher bottom of course than September or even the most recent one. Major low in early February or the major bottom mid year. Pick your poison. I posted the Armstrong Socrates stuff to point out that no one has all the answers all of the time. His computer was bearish at the end of the 3rd quarter because Gold could not close over $1700. Now all we did was make a triple bottom around $1610 not a big deal right? Now Socrates calls for major rallies after the first week in January.
If you are in the least bit bullish all you need to do is buy the extreme fear and hold. I wonder how many did not buy a stock like SILJ in the 8's or low 9's because they thought we were heading into another market crash and thought it was possible to see that stock in the 4's again.
Same for the Uranium stocks. If Crude trades under $70 and moves into the low 60's high 50's they are a major buy. Just my WAG.

Not adding here. Skinny is bottom higher bottom of course than September or even the most recent one. Major low in early February or the major bottom mid year. Pick your poison. I posted the Armstrong Socrates stuff to point out that no one has all the answers all of the time. His computer was bearish at the end of the 3rd quarter because Gold could not close over $1700. Now all we did was make a triple bottom around $1610 not a big deal right? Now Socrates calls for major rallies after the first week in January.
If you are in the least bit bullish all you need to do is buy the extreme fear and hold. I wonder how many did not buy a stock like SILJ in the 8's or low 9's because they thought we were heading into another market crash and thought it was possible to see that stock in the 4's again.
Same for the Uranium stocks. If Crude trades under $70 and moves into the low 60's high 50's they are a major buy. Just my WAG.

Do you have a basic sub or an pro subscription? I still try to make heads or tails of the arrays and pay attention to the ones he posts on the blog. The DOW monthly array seems to point to January as a turning point and Long-term trade. But the weekly shows a panic cycle the first week but the change in direction possibly Jan 23 or Feb 6.

Oct and Nov were up strongly but Dec down... so it seems like Socrates is saying we make a longer-term high here in January.

An earlier prediction seems to say April as a bigger high though and panic into May. That was the directional change. I just haven't fully bought into the system yet.
DJIND-M-Array-12-02-2022.png

Last edited:
I pick up info here and there but do not sub anymore. I find it hard to follow him sometimes.

For no particular reason, does this stock seem too high?

[It's Immunovant, ticker IMVT for you phonies.]

IMVT_2022-12-29_19-01-36.png

OK, how about this one?

[It's Immunovant, ticker IMVT for you phonies.]

IMVT_2022-12-29_19-01-51.png

So much indecision in the metals/miners this week. Failed breakouts in the stocks I was watching. Next week should be an interesting week, and should tell us where we go. Gold has the potential to get hit hard and fast next week, so be careful.
For the upside, it's all about that $1825ish level in gold, $24.25 silver, or $30 GDX. Above those levels and we are heading higher.

I pick up info here and there but do not sub anymore. I find it hard to follow him sometimes.
Any subscriptions you recommend? Always trying to learn from the savvy ones in the industry.

GDX is like a French soccer player--it keeps falling down too easily.

Been there, done that. May as well throw money in a jar kept in the closet. You'll end up with as much or more in another 6 years.

Looking like gold will hold above $1800 into year end.
I was confident it would get pushed down, like usually happens just before most 1/4 end days.
I guess its a positive sign 🙃

Nah.

A crack team of mortgage brokers will make everything up for you.
Mortgage brokers were the convenient scapegoat.

They made a lot of money! They were unlicensed until "The Big Short" happened.

Not any more! They always seem to 'license' big money makers....

Truth as I remember it... the Obama DOJ went after bankers who wouldn't lend to people (poor people) who didn't have any money, nor a pot to piss in.

End result?

Banks basically said "Screw it! If they're gonna sue us for 'discriminating' against poor people with no money, we're gonna lend like there's no tomorrow!" Which is exactly what they did! Liar's loans were everywhere, as were ARM's.

That sure made the Obama economy BOOM! until it didn't.

I even remember politicians (mostly left, if not all) crying on TV that it's every American's 'right' to own a home!

Everyone, did I say EVERYONE... wanted 'in' on the act? Yes, EVERYONE.

Even the book sellers 'teaching' you "How to buy a home with no money down!" just send me $50 for my fool proof system! They're the only ones who made $$!

Hucksters and Shucksters every damn one of them!

This is pretty telling from ZH wrap up today. Most people focus on the Stock Market but the Bond Market is larger and this is the worst combined 60/40 year ever.

1672442430325.png

This is pretty telling from ZH wrap up today. Most people focus on the Stock Market but the Bond Market is larger and this is the worst combined 60/40 year ever.

View attachment 5247

Wouldn't take too much of the smart money to rub up against the metals sector and make it shine.

TSX Venture had a terrible 2022. precious metals have been moving higher the past couple months, but all that did was slow the decline in the Venture. Looks like people are still staying away from the resource sector, as if people see this as just a bear market rally. We need more upside in gold before the juniors start to really move higher, and money starts moving back into this sector.
venture.png

Mortgage brokers were the convenient scapegoat.

They made a lot of money! They were unlicensed until "The Big Short" happened.

Not any more! They always seem to 'license' big money makers....

Truth as I remember it... the Obama DOJ went after bankers who wouldn't lend to people (poor people) who didn't have any money, nor a pot to piss in.

End result?

Banks basically said "Screw it! If they're gonna sue us for 'discriminating' against poor people with no money, we're gonna lend like there's no tomorrow!" Which is exactly what they did! Liar's loans were everywhere, as were ARM's.

That sure made the Obama economy BOOM! until it didn't.

I even remember politicians (mostly left, if not all) crying on TV that it's every American's 'right' to own a home!

Everyone, did I say EVERYONE... wanted 'in' on the act? Yes, EVERYONE.

Even the book sellers 'teaching' you "How to buy a home with no money down!" just send me $50 for my fool proof system! They're the only ones who made $$!

Hucksters and Shucksters every damn one of them!

I think Clinton mandated that a certain amount of subprime loans had to be made. I thought that was the Genesis of the eventual crisis. The banks didn't really want to carry the risk so they worked out how to package it up and sell it on. That was a money maker while keeping the government happy. From there I think competition just drove it to it's natural ends. Because the risk was being sold on I don't think anybody in the chain really cared about the normal checks and balances.

I think Clinton mandated that a certain amount of subprime loans had to be made. I thought that was the Genesis of the eventual crisis. The banks didn't really want to carry the risk so they worked out how to package it up and sell it on. That was a money maker while keeping the government happy. From there I think competition just drove it to it's natural ends. Because the risk was being sold on I don't think anybody in the chain really cared about the normal checks and balances.
And nobody went to jail.

Back
Top Bottom