The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Buying HL MAG and SILJ.
You must be a glutton for punishment. Silver miners getting thrown out in the trash. Many are going to be hitting new lows tomorrow if we continue down. Today I was wishing I never bought any of these.

This was an interesting post that shows that GDX is VERY highly correlated with the price of Silver NOT Gold. Gee why might that be? Because the MM's set the algo's to manipulate it that way I'm sure. Silver is the most manipulated price on the planet so it's in there interest to tie All the miners to that price as well.

You must be a glutton for punishment. Silver miners getting thrown out in the trash. Many are going to be hitting new lows tomorrow if we continue down. Today I was wishing I never bought any of these.
Rather buy on down days than up days. We can go lower I will add. Still a very small position comparatively.

This was an interesting post that shows that GDX is VERY highly correlated with the price of Silver NOT Gold. Gee why might that be? Because the MM's set the algo's to manipulate it that way I'm sure. Silver is the most manipulated price on the planet so it's in there interest to tie All the miners to that price as well.

Here is Hemke weighing in on the same topic. Short article, but worth the read imo:

https://www.sprottmoney.com/blog/comex-silver-gdx-June-20-2023

I don't think many people really, truly understand the level of manipulation these days. NOTHING is real. If the meme stocks proved anything its that the prices go wherever the MM's want. Yes, they can break on occasion but it takes very abnormal conditions. These algo's and mm's are not bound by Anyone. They have probably created INFINITE supply of stock and just keep selling. People in things like AMC and GME have rarely sold and just keep buying more. I'm sure the miners are worse because they probably started this scam in the miners.

If we get another decent break in the Silver miners I'll add a little more.

2 sub 4 minute miles back to back is amazing. New WR and he looks like me if you get my drift.

2 sub 4 minute miles back to back is amazing. New WR and he looks like me if you get my drift.

In the '90s army everyone was tested on this distance. 14:30 to merely pass and 11:45 for max-score bragging rights.
I can't believe this dude would've lapped our fastest guys running sub 11 minutes

This is NOT investment advice... But anyone who thinks there is a plan running and trump is in charge.

Buy yourself some BBBYQ for like a quarter. I don't care if you throw $10 into it. But I believe there is a plan in place for a restructuring buyout. The deadline for bids is looking like June 1st. Not all brokers will even allow you to buy it but if you can and know how to trade stocks it's Well worth the shot IMO.

Enjoy the Show

Escalated inflation on a grand scale. No matter the definition my bills are still going up.

The Dems still support Schiff the Republicans applaud Slo Jo's support Ukraine during the State of the Union speech. Two parties?

Silver could be heading to $21 before this downmove is over. Not a prediction, just a realistic target.

Buying small all the way down here. Overall sentiment is very bearish always will buy if we go down to pick your number. Only sub 17 would make me rethink this for the longer term.

Silver could be heading to $21 before this downmove is over. Not a prediction, just a realistic target.

Nothing but a flesh wound for your physical / long-term holdings. It is getting infected and putting a hurt on my trading account. Mostly because I suck at trading.

U.S. stocks opened lower on Thursday, leaving the market on track to extend the longest streak of daily losses since early May, as investors digest a flurry of central-bank rate hikes while Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell returns to Congress to testify for a second day.
Hawkish central banks were front of mind for investors on Thursday, as the Bank of England and a flurry of other central banks hiked interest rates to try and combat stubborn inflation, raising fresh doubts about the outlook for global economic growth.

Stocks in Europe and the U.S. sold off Thursday, with the STOXX Europe 600 SXXP, -0.53%, a benchmark of large-cap European companies, down 0.8% at 453.39.

“The global growth outlook is deteriorating quickly as major central banks are delivering more rate hikes and signaling that more tightening is coming. Aggressive tightening from here on out will torpedo the economy,” said Edward Moya, senior market analyst with OANDA, in emailed commentary.

Meanwhile, Fed Chair Powell returned to Capitol Hill for the second day of his biannual testimony, which will see him answer questions from members of the Senate Banking Committee.

“Nearly all FOMC participants expect that it will be appropriate to raise interest rates somewhat further by the end of the year,” Powell said in prepared testimony released shortly before the start of his testimony before the House Financial Services Committee on Wednesday.

FYI the DSI daily sentiment indicator for Silver is 12. It goes form 0 to 100 with 100 being full out everyone is bullish. Highest I have ever seen this for Silver was 97 and that always marked a major top. Not fool proof but that what it is currently. So sentiment favors buying.

Gold has really held up better than most. Not sure why. Silver actually looks pretty good compared to the other PM's. Amazingly Palladium is almost back to 3 digits. Might actually consider some again if it keeps going.

1687465180617.png
1687465202021.png
1687465286321.png

Also, a bit of a symmetrical triangle on that last one. Could point to a Au:Ag ratio around 60 if it breaks in the good guys direction. A quick rally to $3,000 gold and $50 silver would accomplish that task.

Yeah I looked at SPPP late today almost bit maybe tomorrow or next week.

FYI the DSI daily sentiment indicator for Silver is 12. It goes form 0 to 100 with 100 being full out everyone is bullish. Highest I have ever seen this for Silver was 97 and that always marked a major top. Not fool proof but that what it is currently. So sentiment favors buying.

Volatility is actually quite low on PM's, adding to the attractiveness of the trade for now.

Back
Top Bottom