The Lunatic Fringe - Political Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

To be fair, the video contains a logo in the bottom right with the word "SATIRE" in a large font clearly identifying the video as a joke.
Am I alone on this one? That was obvious from the get-go. I didn’t need any logo to tell me that. (didn’t even notice it.)

I, for lack of better wording, "pride myself" on the fact that I almost always question everything. I'll typically do an internet search in an attempt to verify something before I respond to it. Many times I'll ask for a link to a comment that gets posted so I can check out the source.

However, this time I failed. For whatever reason, I took the bait - hook, line and sinker.
I completely missed the logo and I took the manipulated video at face value.

I apologize. I'll try to do better.

"

Last edited:
The video in question was a deepfake. In other words, genuine footage of Thunberg was digitally edited with fabricated audio to make it seem like she said these things.

Thanks pmbug!
Dumberg a fake? What's next. Slo Joe?

I, for lack of better wording, "pride myself" on the fact that I almost always question everything. I'll typically do an internet search in an attempt to verify something before I respond to it. Many times I'll ask for a link to a comment that gets posted so I can check out the source.

However, this time I failed. For whatever reason, I took the bait - hook, line and sinker.
I completely missed the logo and I took the manipulated video at face value.

I apologize. I'll try to do better.

"

Fooled me but I didn't pay too much attention this girl was/is an absolute moron unworthy of 5 seconds time. Thought it was funny they got me. From her past comments I thought it possible she might believe it. Next.

Now we see the violence inherent in the (social media) system.

Babylon Bee under threat.

I'm just posting this to point out the stupidity of it.
If you'd like to sign the petition, that's up to you

It’s hard to believe this is real life—not satire.

Under a New York law, social media networks must create a system for users to report online speech the state disfavors and mislabels under the vague and broad umbrella term of “hateful conduct.”

In other words, the First Amendment freedoms of satirical websites like The Babylon Bee hinge on whether the state agrees with what they have to say—or whether they appreciate their sense of humor.

It’s clear: government officials are trying to bypass the First Amendment to keep ideas they disagree with out of the marketplace.

But we will not go silently. It’s time for them to learn just how many Americans STAND WITH THE BEE and will raise their voice in defense of free speech.

Will you sign your name to our secure Statement of Support and stand with The Babylon Bee today?

Your participation matters greatly. Thank you for making your voice heard.

YES, I STAND WITH THE BEE AND AGAINST STATE CENSORSHIP!

Petition at link:

https://adflegal.org/support/babylo...paign=babylon-bee-statement&utm_content=cta_0

They need to send the light in the loafer MF to Ukraine and if he survives that send him to Gaza.

From the article above:
"Denmark has only allowed enough refugees into their borders to meet the United Nations quota"
Am I the only one who wasn't aware that the UN had immigration quotas for it's members?
I didn't think it was possible but I now dislike the UN even more

From the article above:
"Denmark has only allowed enough refugees into their borders to meet the United Nations quota"
Am I the only one who wasn't aware that the UN had immigration quotas for it's members?
I didn't think it was possible but I now dislike the UN even more
EU runs the bunch of twats now. Even tell you what hand to wipe with.

If you are going to let these donkeys dictate you won't have a country.

Break out the hot shot for this French fruit.

Back
Top Bottom