What are you listening to?

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mark Knopfler performing a great version of "Money for Nothing" during "Music for Montserrat", live from Royal Albert Hall, London - 15 September 1997.

Mark Knopfler - vocals, guitar
Eric Clapton - guitar
Sting - backing vocals
Guy Fletcher - keyboards
Phil Palmer - guitar
Phil Collins - drums
Ray Cooper - percussion

Mark Knopfler performing a great version of "Money for Nothing" during "Music for Montserrat", live from Royal Albert Hall, London - 15 September 1997.
Mark Knopfler - vocals, guitar
Eric Clapton - guitar
Sting - backing vocals
Guy Fletcher - keyboards
Phil Palmer - guitar
Phil Collins - drums
Ray Cooper - percussion
Mark was surrounded with musical greats, but his original recording was so good, they could not surpass it.

-1 to Eric for trying to embellish the sequence. I hate it when a performer goes off script, thinking their "addition" is clever and helpful. No, almost always the original is the best (and correct) rendition. How would he feel about Joe Cocker (the song slayer) butchering "Layla"?

'IN THE AIR TONIGHT’ (PHIL COLLINS ) Cover Performed by The Hindley Street Country Club featuring BRADLEY POLAIN

'LAYLA' (ERIC CLAPTON) Performed by The Hindley Street Country Club featuring Dusty Lee Stephensen

The Boys Are Back in Town (Thin Lizzy) | Lexington Lab Band​

California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas Cover by The New Love Generation (OV, HQ)​

California Dreamin' - The Mamas & The Papas Cover by The New Love Generation (OV, HQ)
That's a nice cover, but I hated the song decades ago when I realized California was... just wrong in so many ways. More specifically it was the voters who voted the politicians who turned the state into shit. My experience started in the 60's and 70's and was pretty good. I think that is a good inflection point. Then most of the state decided to change direction and choose to destroy everything positive. I left, and after returning for a very short time, I saw the destruction.

My experience started in the 60's and 70's and was pretty good.

Was stationed in & shipped out of Cali from the early 70's through early 80's. Liked the weather and the beaches. Met some neat peeps but never looked at anything political back then. Enjoyed my time there.

If you're interested here's a link to a youtube channel that does rides through Cali.

Wonder what happened to @Buck? Used to enjoy his take on the Cali situation.

Mr. Tambourine Man - The New Love Generation​

Vikki Carr "It Must Be Him" on The David Frost Show, February 16, 1970.

This All HAPPENED on A Train - Viva la vida coldplay - Allie Sherlock cover​

15 year old Karolina Protsenko plays on violin "Love Story Theme" with "The Desert Symphony". Originally from movie Cinema Paradise composed by Ennio Morricone.
Conductor: Dean Anderson
First violin: Sam Fischer
Karolina Protsenko is playing as soloist on a Carl Becker violin Chicago 1937

Bake Better: USA vs EU Ovens | Why Your Recipes Flops? | Foodgeek​

I chatted with Helen Rennie about ovens and how they differ between Europe and the States. Lots of useful information that will help you get success with all the recipes you find online.

Junior Brown " Highway Patrol" Liberty, NC 4/27/24​

“Californication” (Red Hot Chili Peppers) California Dreamin’ Mashup Cover by Robyn Adele Anderson

Paul McCartney & Wings // Junior's Farm // Sally G (((1974)))​

Junior's Farm" was issued as a non-album single by Apple Records in October 1974 by Paul McCartney & Wings; it peaked at #3 in the United States and #16 in the United Kingdom. The B-side was the country flavored ''Sally G'' from the summer of 1974 during the Nashville Sessions.

Catch The Wind - MonaLisa Twins (Donovan Cover) // MLT Club Duo Session​

Blinded by The Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band | The Midnight Special​

Sara Berki performing her version of John Denver's 'Take Me Home, Country Roads' at the Gabba in Brisbane on Friday 8th March, 2024 for the Brisbane Lions vs Carlton AFL match.

'LOWDOWN' (BOZ SCAGGS) Performed by The Hindley Street Country Club featuring Danny Lopresto

Susanna Hoffs performs a cover of the Stone Poneys' "Different Drum" at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia 10/4/2012. Linda Ronstadt sang the original a LONG time ago, kids. She looked great in a skirt too. Sorry about the crap-cam picture quality, but the audio makes it all worthwhile, right?

Jackson Browne: Secret Locations---The Life & Times of a Laurel Canyon Singer/Songwriter.​

The Section featuring Craig Doerge, Danny Kortchmar, Leland Sklar and Russ Kunkel reunite with Jackson Browne at the 2018 NAMM TEC Awards held at the NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA., to perform "Running On Empty".

Susanna Hoffs Left Little to the Imagination, See Her Now​

Discover the captivating journey of Susanna Hoffs, a trailblazer whose flirtatious charm and timeless beauty left an indelible mark on pop culture. From her unforgettable moments as the lead vocalist of The Bangles during the MTV revolution of the 1980s to her remarkable resurgence as a solo artist and collaborator, Hoffs has remained a symbol of feminine power and artistic integrity. Through candid exploration, we uncover the highs and lows of her professional trajectory, from the early days of forming The Bangles in the vibrant Los Angeles music scene to navigating solo endeavors amidst personal transitions. Join us as we delve into Hoffs' multifaceted persona, celebrating her evolution from 'sexiest woman in rock' to respected renaissance woman.

21:19

The Iconic MUSIC Scene of May 1965, is Impossible to Find Today!​

The Iconic MUSIC Scene of May 1965, is Impossible to Find Today! May 1965 is filled with music, fashion and live performances that reflect the feeling of a bright, creative, modern world where anything is possible. A new surrealistic sound dripping in imagery emerges that no one saw coming from a musician who paints the cultural changes with vivid imagery and a never before heard sound. Marianne Faithfull describes his music, “The zeitgeist streamed through him like electricity.”

18:17

Back
Top Bottom