What’s Cracking In The Garden

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Looks like some kind of crab spider. If it were me I would let it be. I would not get too close though. Crab spider bites can suck.
Thanks E, was hoping you'd chime in on ID. The only spider I would consider killing is the BR. Since the garden isn't in my living space, as long as they don't damage the plants or steel my tools, they are welcome. :)

Dehydrating a few trays a' tom's tonight.
Of course right after I took the picture I plugged it in and no chooch.

In Boy Scout/GIM fashion, transfered them to a second, more skookum apparatus.

If you have two you have one, if you have one you have none.

Screenshot_20221116-173754.png

On my first lunch break right now at a seasonal nursery job I just took.
Was here for an hour (getting a tour and listening to the manager's life story) and the manager comes up to me asking if I'd take full time employment and told me he already called the owner to tell him they had struck employee gold. I'm hoping for some fringe bennies.
Screenshot_20221128-132303.png

Was here for an hour (getting a tour and listening to the manager's life story) and the manager comes up to me asking if I'd take full time employment and told me he already called the owner to tell him they had struck employee gold. I'm hoping for some fringe bennies.
View attachment 3748

dang , business must be good at that store

aint nursery work seasonal?

A guy what knows how to work...

^^^ How on earth can it be drizzling at -14 degrees?

Even wet snow is unlikely at that temp.

Weather is starting to get one thinking about the garden. Still dry as hell, but things are starting to happen.
Pear tree in bloom:
pear tree.jpg

Sand cherries starting to show blooms, and raspberries starting a lot of new runners:
sand cherry.jpg
raspberry runners.jpg

Last fall, I just mowed down the garden and gave it a light run over with the disk to chop up the plants a bit. Left it rough for cover and to prevent it from blowing away in the wind. Went out today and tilled it, then spread some rye seed and drug it in. Should provide a nice cover in a few weeks, then I can add compost and till it in and should have a good seedbed.
landscape.jpg

Started harvesting chives from the garden. Lots more growing. Love this time of year.

Weird year for me though, looking to hopefully move this year. Sooner the better. So I am not doing so much in the garden other than what comes up from what once was a quiet place.

Back
Top Bottom