What’s Cracking In The Garden

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

it’s time to start ordering some new seed catalogs for 2023

anyone have any recommendations for buying seeds?

Yes, barter don't buy. I have been accumulating seeds through a friend and my mom. From squash and peppers to beans and greens. I tried to get discussion of a seed bank going over there but only had one response from gnome IIRC.

Maybe calling a "seed swap" is more in tuned.

Yes, barter don't buy. I have been accumulating seeds through a friend and my mom. From squash and peppers to beans and greens. I tried to get discussion of a seed bank going over there but only had one response from gnome IIRC.

Maybe calling a "seed swap" is more in tuned.

that is a good idea for sure

that and saving one’s own seeds

we have squash , peppers , tomatoes , sunflower , and a bunch more from last year and some from years gone by

i like looking at the seed catalogs during the slow cold winter months , therapy until Spring

actually we will start prepping everything around January

cleaning pots and containers , organizing supplies like fertilizers , herbicides , pesticides and fungicides , and the best part , early germination of some crops

we try and start tomatoes , peppers , melons , and cannabis and a few others as early as mid February

so yeah , on those cold windy snowy dark winter days , a good seed catalog will keep my mind occupied

i am down for swapping some seeds

Fixed it for you Brother CrAcKeR.

I'll dig out my supply today and see what I've got too. (y)

cool beans Amigo!

a friend sent me some of her jalapeño seeds , her plants were over 5’ feet tall!…..can can barley get mine to a foot and a half but the yield is good

another friend sent me some tall marigolds , like 3-4’ foot tall….we like the marigolds cause they help keep away some bad bugs

we are out off beet seeds and are shopping for some hardy carrots for juicing

cool beans Amigo!
Oh-I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

So I gifted a baby aloe yesterday to the person who gave me some actual wandering Jew cuttings. Apparently I have been mislabeling my plant as a WJ when it's called(not the scienticious names)Moses in a cradle. Makes perfect sense now! I recently started playing music with a guy who's wife has a little succulent garden. We got talking and she gave me some cuttings so I then surprised her yesterday with the aloe after 'mulching' it first with decorative river pebbles. She loved it. Screenshot_20221106-094326.png

My 'moses in a cradle' which is currently blooming Screenshot_20221106-094300.png

IMG_20221105_104354982~2.jpg

cool beans Amigo!

a friend sent me some of her jalapeño seeds , her plants were over 5’ feet tall!…..can can barley get mine to a foot and a half but the yield is good

another friend sent me some tall marigolds , like 3-4’ foot tall….we like the marigolds cause they help keep away some bad bugs

we are out off beet seeds and are shopping for some hardy carrots for juicing

Screenshot_20221106-204617.pngScreenshot_20221106-204606.pngScreenshot_20221106-204441.pngScreenshot_20221106-204513.pngScreenshot_20221106-204420.pngScreenshot_20221106-204400.pngScreenshot_20221106-204531.png

So I gifted a baby aloe yesterday to the person who gave me some actual wandering Jew cuttings. Apparently I have been mislabeling my plant as a WJ when it's called(not the scienticious names)Moses in a cradle. Makes perfect sense now! I recently started playing music with a guy who's wife has a little succulent garden. We got talking and she gave me some cuttings so I then surprised her yesterday with the aloe after 'mulching' it first with decorative river pebbles. She loved it. View attachment 2381

My 'moses in a cradle' which is currently blooming View attachment 2379

View attachment 2376
I had a Mosses in a cradle plant for many years. My mom gave me it around 2002 but unfortunately a year or two ago it essentially fell apart. I was surprised it lasted so long given I rarely added top soil or did anything accept the occasional watering.

This spring I finally started giving my indoor plants the care that they deserve. I still have a ~20+ year old spider plant and a very old strawberry bagonia which I was sure had completely died but I nursed it back to life this spring and now it is doing well. Will try and get some pics when the lighting is better.

Got the garden "pit" filled with dried grass leaves and some soil. A nice compost heap for spring's tenants.

Just came in from transplanting those few strawberries into the fenced plot from 2-3 seasons ago. My how time flies! After a beautiful day yesterday in the upper 70's, the rug got pulled and tonight's forecast is snow!

Last edited:
enjoy that harvest Amigo!

beautiful flowers! the GDP is a looker for sure!

Thank you, Sir. I just received a nice order from the North Atlantic Seed Company. One of the products that I purchased was some "Sour Strawburied", which is a cross between Sour Diesel and Strawberry Kush. I have really taken a fancy to these purple strains. Won't be able to start them, however, for at least five weeks, which is how long my current batch has left.

Have you ever tried the Baker Creek Seed catalog?

They have one you can buy that is more than 500 pages of full-color photos.

They also have a 92-page catalog that's free:

Have you ever tried the Baker Creek Seed catalog?

They have one you can buy that is more than 500 pages of full-color photos.

They also have a 92-page catalog that's free:
Looks like Ol' cracker might have new spank books.

What's the light/ tent/filter combo?

Basic Gorilla tent with a very old 1,000 watt HPS. I think the light is a twenty year old Sun Systems. Original ballast - second bulb.

I also have a room that is half cinderblock and half framed. I have mylar up on the walls in that room. Two grow rooms are practically necessary when you are feminizing your own seeds using colloidal silver.

Basic Gorilla tent with a very old 1,000 watt HPS. I think the light is a twenty year old Sun Systems. Original ballast - second bulb.

I also have a room that is half cinderblock and half framed. I have mylar up on the walls in that room. Two grow rooms are practically necessary when you are feminizing your own seeds using colloidal silver.
Carbon filter? Or let her stink?

Crikey! That looks like an orange hopping spider. One bite from that goanna and you're a gonna.

no cracking of pecans this year for me. my prolific tree sat out this season. we had a horrid drought and extreme heat -- you guys think that's why?

Back
Top Bottom