worlds colliding /george costanza

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I know nutzing!

Last edited:
ok I will try and find the words ........

Weve had a sudden intake of newbies who seem to have arrived on the same bus and already know each other.

This is causing some imbalance to the group dynamic, as what generally happens is a newbie lurks for a while, gingerly tests the waters with an intro and some polite posts. This kind of builds a relationship with those already on board and once there is enough familiarity for a bit of banter without any offence being generated, the newbie can finally start to say what they really think ......

What we seem to have happening, is a sudden merging of two separate groups without the foreplay.

The danger of this, is it can create a 'them and us' dynamic, which is a truly destructive force for any grouping.

It is my hope that the sparks of humour we have already seen from Penn and Big Jim, will create the bonding between the two, currently disparate, groups.

So my suggestion is that we all make this effort and 'love everyone up' at every reasonable opportunity .........

there, i said it

I only joined because PMbug had a great avatar on another forum. ;)

i joined because i liked what i saw being discussed and couldnt keep up at turds site. There were so many posts and posters there, that i was always about 24 hours behind the leading edge .... still dip in most days though

There is a certain gap between those who just stack and hold and those who want to generate more funds to eventually convert to shiny but i hope the stackers are interested in what is happening around them, as they just might need to know when to cash up the shiny and convert it into something you can eat .......

Not sure what the difference is in 'knowing' someone you 'met' on the internet, compared to someone you met in the real world ?
Possibly a greater level of honesty ?
Theres lots of stuff i wouldnt discuss face to face with people i know, that i feel a greater freedom to discuss as rblong2us

obviously not here though ...... too many strangers (-;

Sometimes people are freer to express themselves with the relative anonymity of the internet, and you get to know their thoughts better than if you traveled in their real life social circles, but I find it hard to say I really know a person if I don't know their name or (family) history and I've never looked them in the eye.

While I "know" many of the posters here from this and other forums, I have actually met up with a few and had face-to-face discussions. Each time, it was as if we were long lost brothers. One individual that i have known on-line for about six years was going to be in my area for a week, so we hooked up and had a blast. On the second to last day, I got him a badge and took him on a behind the scenes tour of the Space Center, going to places tourists do not see and never will see.

Just because we're separated by distance does not mean we have to remain anonymous altogether. I have met some fine souls online and I have met some pure assholes. After a while, folks ALWAYS give up their true personality......always.

Last edited:
I've seen the mashing of boards go poorly in the past, but I think this place has cool people that tend to attract others of that kind and repel those who are not, so we'll be fine.:mrt:

I don't know anyone here offline, but I'd be more comfortable meeting PMBuggers than folks from the other forums I've participated in.

I guess PMBug split this thread off from another thread? It was kind of weird to see that I started a thread that I didn't "start".

Anyway, I'm enjoying the forum; thanks PMBug. I found this place from ZH and although I post there, it's too big of a forum for me to be comfortable. Not too long ago I dropped my small forum (way too many fights and insults for me), so this place came along just in time for me.

I guess PMBug split this thread off from another thread? It was kind of weird to see that I started a thread that I didn't "start".

Yeah - I added a note to the OP to reflect that. The original thread was being hijacked...

Anyway, I'm enjoying the forum; thanks PMBug. ...

So glad it worked out. This forum is turning out to be a pretty awesome place because of peeps like you. It's still small and cozy right now and I love the international flavor. :beer:

I'll drink a shot of my 12 year special reserve Jameson to this thread and to all of you bugs, where ever you are.

Back
Top Bottom