Border Security - Immigration

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Manhattan D.A.: Migrants who assaulted cops released due to lack of evidence​

https://www.yahoo.com/news/manhattan-d-migrants-assaulted-cops-202134003.html

So, four obtained bus tickets for Calexico CA, using fake names, but Bragg states there's no evidence they've fled.
How stupid can one person be?
Remember, just keep repeating, diversity is our strength!

Four of those arrested and since charged with felonies obtained bus tickets for Calexico, Calif., from a local New York charity and have fled New York, CNN reported. An unnamed source said the four used false names to obtain the bus tickets and might be heading to Mexico via Calexico.

Investigators told the broadcaster they can't pursue or stop them because Bragg didn't request bail and released them from jail on their own recognizance. Unless the accused show up for a pending court date later in February, law enforcement is powerless to stop them, they said.

Bragg said there is no evidence that those four have fled, but is investigating the possibility.

So, four obtained bus tickets for Calexico CA, using fake names, but Bragg states there's no evidence they've fled.
How stupid can one person be?
Well, it is New York and the guy is a democrat after all. lol

Yeah, you're right.
A New York democrat...
If those are your characteristics, every single time you step into the batter's box, the count is automatically no balls, two strikes.

Senators unveil long-awaited border deal​

Senators in both parties have finalized a deal on stricter border and immigration policies that is headed toward an uncertain floor vote in the coming days.

The $118 billion agreement, which was released Sunday afternoon and negotiated for months, would tighten the standard for migrants to receive asylum, automatically shut down the southern border to illegal crossings if migrant encounters hit certain daily benchmarks and send billions of dollars to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan as well as the border.

Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has vowed to hold a procedural vote to advance the package Wednesday, though it’s unclear if the legislation has the necessary 60 votes to clear the chamber. About 20 to 25 Republican senators are ready to evaluate the specifics and a similar number are leaning against the deal, according to lead GOP negotiator Sen. James Lankford (R-Okla.). At least a handful of Democrats are also expected to vote against it.

President Joe Biden praised the agreement in a Sunday night statement that called on Congress to send it to his desk: “If you believe, as I do, that we must secure the border now, doing nothing is not an option,” Biden said.

More:

The $118 billion agreement, which was released Sunday afternoon and negotiated for months, would tighten the standard for migrants to receive asylum, automatically shut down the southern border to illegal crossings if migrant encounters hit certain daily benchmarks and send billions of dollars to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan as well as the border.
And once again, I have to ask...
Why should the security of our borders have ANY stipulations placed on it?
Why must the security of our border depend on billions upon billions being sent to others across the globe?
Lastly, why do we need to hit a specific threshold of a certain number of ILLEGALS crossing our border before it gets "shut down"? Shouldn't it already be "shut down" to anyone attempting to cross it illegally?

And once again, I have to ask...
Why should the security of our borders have ANY stipulations placed on it?
Why must the security of our border depend on billions upon billions being sent to others across the globe?
Lastly, why do we need to hit a specific threshold of a certain number of ILLEGALS crossing our border before it gets "shut down"? Shouldn't it already be "shut down" to anyone attempting to cross it illegally?

I don't get it either. They (the congress critters) have used this and other things as talking points for decades. It's a political football that gets kicked around at election time and once the game's over it's put back in the equipment locker until the next game.

What should happen is each side appoint a crew and work out bipartisan deal on border security and immigration alone. Nothing else attached, no shit stains flapping their beaks until it's over. No news media.

Get together and get it done.

Back to reality..........

Chinese migrants are fastest growing group crossing into U.S. from Mexico | 60 Minutes​

Feb 4, 2024

A growing number of Chinese nationals, trying to escape repressive politics and a bleak economy, are headed to the U.S. They’re turning to a gap at the southern border with Mexico as a way to get in.

13:14

20 billion for border security but 2.5 billion of that is for NGO to basically traffic illegals around the country. NGO's are basically criminal enterprises. When people in Mexico traffic others to the border crossing we call them coyotes and human traffickers. When people in the US traffic them around the country we call them NGO's. Congress providing money to these NGO's is also probably a crime.

Remember this shit. It was a big deal when Obama was prez.

'Dreamers' left out in the cold by US Senate border bill​

WASHINGTON, Feb 5 (Reuters) - A bipartisan border security bill headed to a U.S. Senate vote this week is likely to dash hopes for a quick, clear path to citizenship for hundreds of thousands of people brought into the U.S. illegally as children, as Congress takes a harder line on immigration.

This group, known as "Dreamers," had been a top priority for Democrats in immigration policy talks for more than a decade.

But as Republicans made new border restrictions a condition of aid for U.S. allies Ukraine and Israel sought by Democratic President Joe Biden, the Dreamers question was left off the table.

More:

If my daddy makes an illegal withdrawal from a bank and gives the money to me and I spend years dreaming about when I can spend it, when can I spend it?

Jordan: ‘Let the American people decide’ on border bill in November​

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) pushed back on a bipartisan Senate border security deal released this week, saying Congress shouldn’t consider it and instead make the issue the center of the 2024 election.

The bipartisan deal overhauls the asylum program, provides funds for thousands of new immigration officers, allows the president to shut down the border on an emergency basis and funds foreign aid priorities abroad.

“Joe Biden is not going to fix a problem that he purposefully created,” Jordan claimed in a Fox Business interview Monday.

He instead urged Congress to withhold federal funds for any immigration processing, effectively closing the U.S. to all migrants without exception.

“One sentence,” he proposed. “No money can be used to process or release into the country any new migrants.”

“Let’s say ‘time out’ and let the American people decide how we want to deal with this in November, when we have President Trump — who actually had control of our border — against President Biden,” Jordan said. “Let the country decide.”

More:

It would be nice.
But psychopathy 101 tells us that nobody in power purposely cedes away something within their control.
And I posit that most, if not all, politicians have, at a minimum, at least some psychopathic traits.

Like Ted Cruz introducing a bill proposing term limits for Congress.
It's a great idea, but nobody in Congress is going to actually vote themselves out of a position of power.

He instead urged Congress to withhold federal funds for any immigration processing, effectively closing the U.S. to all migrants without exception.

“One sentence,” he proposed. “No money can be used to process or release into the country any new migrants.”

“Let’s say ‘time out’ and let the American people decide how we want to deal with this in November, when we have President Trump — who actually had control of our border — against President Biden,” Jordan said. “Let the country decide.”

That's a really good idea. Pause ALL immigration until after November.

Besides, if they keep coming in at the rate they've been comin', where are they gonna live? Are we going to put up tent cities everywhere? We don't have enough housing as it stood before an extra 10+ million new people came in over the past 3 years. Another year will add at lest 2-3 million more. We gots no room for 'em.

LIVE: President Biden urges Congress to pass border bill | MSNBC​

Watch live coverage as President Biden makes remarks asking Congress to pass a Senate bipartisan border bill that seeks to impose tougher immigration and asylum laws and includes foreign aid to Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan.

14:02

NYT Opinion piece

The G.O.P. Bumper Sticker: Trump First. Putin Second. America Third.​

Every so often there is a piece of legislation on Capitol Hill that defines America and its values — that shows what kind of country we want to be. I would argue that when it comes to the $118.3 billion bipartisan compromise bill in the Senate to repair our broken immigration system and supply vital aid to Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel, its passage or failure won’t define just America but also the world that we’re going to inhabit.

There are hinges in history, and this is one of them. What Washington does — or does not do — this year to support its allies and secure our border will say so much about our approach to security and stability in this new post-post-Cold War era. Will America carry the red, white and blue flag into the future — or just a white flag? Given the pessimistic talk coming out of the Capitol, it is looking more and more like the white flag — autographed by Donald Trump.

More:

NYT Opinion piece

The G.O.P. Bumper Sticker: Trump First. Putin Second. America Third.​

Every so often there is a piece of legislation on Capitol Hill that defines America and its values — that shows what kind of country we want to be. I would argue that when it comes to the $118.3 billion bipartisan compromise bill in the Senate to repair our broken immigration system and supply vital aid to Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel, its passage or failure won’t define just America but also the world that we’re going to inhabit.

There are hinges in history, and this is one of them. What Washington does — or does not do — this year to support its allies and secure our border will say so much about our approach to security and stability in this new post-post-Cold War era. Will America carry the red, white and blue flag into the future — or just a white flag? Given the pessimistic talk coming out of the Capitol, it is looking more and more like the white flag — autographed by Donald Trump.

More:

What a load of crap!

If the bidet can undo border security using EO's, he can put it all back in place using EO's too.

The idea that we need a new law in order to stop the flow across the border is retarded, but what else should we expect from the dimwit dems and their minions in the media, if not retarded ideas?

The idea that we need a new law in order to stop the flow across the border is retarded, but what else should we expect from the dimwit dems and their minions in the media, if not retarded ideas?

Not just a law about the border, there's other stuff (Israel, Ukraine & more) in it. Not positive, but I think this is a copy of the bill. If it is, you'll have to scroll to page 62 to read the stuff about the border.

The United States should propose a peace deal that allows up to 5,000 Russians to cross Ukraine’s border per day.

I’m sure they’d accept the offer since that’s not an invasion and definitely not a crisis.

This perfect example of logic should be spread around to those claiming this border bill is sound.

POTUS will be giving a speech shortly to urge the passing of this amnesty bill. I call it that because that is what it is. This post puts it in perfect perspective.

Not just a law about the border, there's other stuff (Israel, Ukraine & more) in it.
That's just another reason to be against it. Each of those things, if they are going to happen, should each be in a separate Bill.

If it is, you'll have to scroll to page 62 to read the stuff about the border.
Exactly. A Bill being touted as a border Bill should start being on-topic in page #1, not page #62.

There is no reason that a new law is needed.

Bottom line is, if Joe can use executive orders to create the problem, he can use executive orders to undo what his original orders created.

When he changed how the border was run, was it because a new law was enacted that forced him to do it?

No. He did it on his own accord.

If he can do that, and order the importation of millions of people who would have previously been arrested for entering the country illegally, why can he also not undo it?

If you want to discuss this issue, start by explaining why Joe cannot simply issue an EO ordering his subordinates to enforce existing law as it was enforced just a few years ago when illegal immigration was at near record low. All those laws are still on the books.

If no laws regarding immigration have changed, what created the change in how those laws are enforced? If it wasn't Joe, who/what changed it?

Edited to add: you'd have to be willfully blind to not be able to see the difference in how the border is being run.
Are you blind, or can you see that there is a problem occurring with the border that we did not use to have. Never before have we allowed millions to just waltz across the border and then give them room and board, free travel, free food, and free money.
What changed to allow that to happen, if it wasn't because of your guy?

Last edited:
@searcher , start this clip at 7:10, and let it play for maybe two minutes, and you can hear your people's own words on border security just a few years ago.

Joe, Barack and the hag all talking about border barriers and how important it is to stop illegal immigration.

What changed to make them do a 180 on it?

@searcher , start this clip at 7:10, and let it play for maybe two minutes, and you can hear your people's own words on border security just a few years ago.

Joe, Barack and the hag all talking about border barriers and how important it is to stop illegal immigration.

What changed to make them do a 180 on it?

Watched the vid and listened to how they talked and their body language. My take, talking points. They were using border security as a talking point. Very good at eye contact with audience and the hand gestures were to help with the message delivery.

Both sides been doing this for years. I think the last time we had real border / immigration legislation passed was during the Regan years.

When I read through the link I posted I was a bit puzzled. All sorts of $$$$$ for all kinds of stuff. Had to get to page 62 to see the word "border."

Any more I don't look at it as a R or D problem. It's a problem with the quality of the candidates that run for office and the system itself. Both sides need to quit the political soap drama age get down to working for the benefit of the American people. Unfortunately, I don't think that'll happen any time soon.

No clue how true this is so take it fwiw and dyodd.

‘I Will… Destroy You’: Lankford Says Major Conservative Media Figure Threatened Him Before Details of His Border Bill Were Public​

Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) claimed that a conservative media figure threatened him prior to the details of his bipartisan border deal were even made public.

Lankford along with Sens. Chris Murphy (D-CT), and Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ) worked for months to craft a bipartisan deal that would expand security funding at the border as well as provide billions to Ukraine, Israel, and other allies in the Indo-Pacific.

However, the deal received massive pushback from former President Donald Trump who pressured House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) to kill the bill.

The Oklahoma senator took to the Senate floor on Wednesday to reveal that he too received major pushback behind the scenes from pundits in conservative media shortly before the bill’s text was released. Lankford then revealed that an unnamed conservative commentator threatened to “destroy” him if he helped solve the border crisis amid the 2024 presidential election.

“I had a popular commentator four weeks ago that I talked to you, that told me flat out, before they knew any of the contents of the bill, any of the content,” said Lankford. “Nothing was out at that point. That told me flat out, ‘If you try to move a bill that solves the border crisis during this presidential year, I will do whatever I can to destroy you, because I do not want you to solve this during the presidential election.'”

More:

Watched the vid and listened to how they talked and their body language. My take, talking points. They were using border security as a talking point. Very good at eye contact with audience and the hand gestures were to help with the message delivery.
So you think they were lying? Are they lying now, too?
....and you still support them?

Both sides been doing this for years. I think the last time we had real border / immigration legislation passed was during the Regan years.
No, the uni-party has been doing this for years.
....and it fights against anyone seen as an outsider.

When I read through the link I posted I was a bit puzzled. All sorts of $$$$$ for all kinds of stuff. Had to get to page 62 to see the word "border."
Why puzzled? You really can't see the bs they are wanting to feed you?

If it takes 62 pages to even mention the stated purpose of the Bill, how can that be what it's really about?

If you were going to write legislation on an important topic that you supposedly cared about, would it take you 62 pages to even start getting to the point?

Even I don't think you'd do that.

Any more I don't look at it as a R or D problem. It's a problem with the quality of the candidates that run for office and the system itself.
What you encourage, you get more of. As long as people keep basing their decision on who to vote for, on knee jerk emotional responses, and identity politics, we'll keep getting more of the same.

Just look how many were supposedly willing to vote for a potato that brings the highest price increases in two generations, just to save themselves from mean tweets.

Both sides need to quit the political soap drama age get down to working for the benefit of the American people.
Long as you and many others keep electing people who look good superficially, but are only interested in selling all of us out, that ain't ever gonna happen.

^^^^^
Short vid (7 min 30 sec) where you can hear what's really going on with border security.

Montana Democratic Sen. Jon Tester tells MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell that Republicans committed “political malpractice” when they blocked bipartisan legislation aimed at securing the southern border – an issue Republicans claim they want to fix – after Donald Trump criticized passing the legislation during an election year.

Rumors from msm that Biden may actually take action on the border.

In the meantime here's more of what was said in the vid in the post above.

Maddow Blog | Why the GOP has spent two decades killing immigration compromises​

The senators who spent four months negotiating a bipartisan compromise on border policy and security aid probably didn’t see the political freight train coming. Republican Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma, who took the lead in the talks on behalf of his party, predicted last month that the bill could garner up to 70 votes in the chamber, but within hours of unveiling the legislation, it was obvious that far-right opposition was simply too great.

On Monday, the day after the text of the bill reached the public, GOP officials lined up to condemn the package in no uncertain terms. By most measures, the odds that the legislation would fail were roughly 99%.

A day later, they reached 100%. NBC News reported:

Around the same time, Sen. Chris Murphy, who took the Democratic lead in negotiating the compromise, was asked if there was still any hope for the bill. “No,” the Connecticut senator replied.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...S&cvid=a3361596bc1b487592d55bc8d1f1ccb7&ei=14

I've said it before: Talking points. The creatures we elected use this as a talking point. In their minds it's Fuck America, fuck the border problem, what's in it for us.

We need new peeps who would actually place America first, not use "America first" as a talking point while they betray America in favor of their own agendas.

Here's more.................

‘Absolutely unheard of’: Manchin on bipartisan border deal tanked by Senate GOP​

No clue how true this is so take it fwiw and dyodd.

‘I Will… Destroy You’: Lankford Says Major Conservative Media Figure Threatened Him Before Details of His Border Bill Were Public​

Sen. James Lankford (R-OK) claimed that a conservative media figure threatened him prior to the details of his bipartisan border deal were even made public.

Lankford along with Sens. Chris Murphy (D-CT), and Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ) worked for months to craft a bipartisan deal that would expand security funding at the border as well as provide billions to Ukraine, Israel, and other allies in the Indo-Pacific.

However, the deal received massive pushback from former President Donald Trump who pressured House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) to kill the bill.

The Oklahoma senator took to the Senate floor on Wednesday to reveal that he too received major pushback behind the scenes from pundits in conservative media shortly before the bill’s text was released. Lankford then revealed that an unnamed conservative commentator threatened to “destroy” him if he helped solve the border crisis amid the 2024 presidential election.

“I had a popular commentator four weeks ago that I talked to you, that told me flat out, before they knew any of the contents of the bill, any of the content,” said Lankford. “Nothing was out at that point. That told me flat out, ‘If you try to move a bill that solves the border crisis during this presidential year, I will do whatever I can to destroy you, because I do not want you to solve this during the presidential election.'”

More:

Looks like it's as true as true can be:

FBI foils 2022 plot by militiamen to “start a war” at the Texas-Mexico border​

FBI agents disrupted a plot by three men – two of whom said they were part of a militia – to travel to the Texas-Mexico border to kill Border Patrol agents and immigrants crossing illegally because they believed the country was being invaded, according to court documents filed in federal courts.

One of the men also called and left a phone message to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott’s office to alert him about their plans, saying: “If y'all cannot take care of this border and shut it down then we will be forced to come in and do it ourselves,” according to a criminal complaint. The complaint does not say when he left this message but that he summarized his message to a confidential FBI source on a recorded phone conversation on Oct. 3, 2022.

The men — Bryan C. Perry, 38; Jonathan S. O’Dell, 33; and Paul Faye, 55 — were arrested by FBI agents and face various federal charges in connection to their alleged plot, which authorities say they started organizing in 2022 and planned to carry out in October 2023.

The most recent arrest was of Faye of Tennessee on Monday. He faces a single charge of being in possession of an unregistered firearm silencer.

More:

Montana Democratic Sen. Jon Tester tells MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell that Republicans committed “political malpractice” when they blocked bipartisan legislation aimed at securing the southern border ...

That's disingenuous bullshit. Congress does not need to pass any bill for the Biden administration to act in securing the border. Dems crafted that dumb bill to win some talking points for the coming election.

Rumors from msm that Biden may actually take action on the border. ...

The bluff has been called.

It's both sides.

My next post will be a song in the music thread (both sides now." Thanks.
The border issue is NOT a "both sides" problem.

The dems created the problem.

When Trump tried enforcing existing law on the border, all the dems did was to fight him every step of the way, and mischaracterized his actions in the media.

When your boy got in, he issued EO's ordering the actions that have directly led to the problem we have now. Please explain why he cannot simply issue new EO's that reverse his original EO's?

Please explain why he cannot simply issue new EO's that reverse his original EO's?

Yet you still post the clap trap about how the "problem" is that the repubs won't support a border bill that doesn't use the word "border" until page #62?

No reason on earth for his behavior.
No there isn't.

So do you agree that the "problem" is due to your boy willfully allowing it to be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom