Cannabis Laws (incldg. Biden's Pardon)

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Would be great for agriculture.

Florida needs 60% votes to pass recreational this year. It's already like Amsterdam with beaches in certain places.

Yeah.

Everybody luuvs Depends Joe, too.

The nooze liars are institutionally and instinctively dishonest. If they spend time telling us something, it's because it's NOT TRUE, and they're Pushing The Narrative.

Slim. Slim because there's no inhibition, anymore, about deceitful, skewed "tests." Everything from these Jabs to all the Weird Cures that pop-ups offer.

It's not at all like I don't have experience. My own and watching regular users - as a high-school student, as a welfare caseworker, other cases.

The side-effects include illogical thought, replacing logic with emotion (the hysteria I see on The View reminds me of potheads in difficult settings) and poor judgments. Like, quitting a job. Or borrowing money that can't easily be repaid, for expensive consumer crap.

Unca Walt can tell you - we went round over the years, from when we were on a current-events board, over Gold and abolition of the Federal Reserve. What he said didn't change my mind, and he said his piece and left it.

Except I didn't ignore it. I considered it. For months; for years.

So too, here. Except I had no experience with gold, back then, or Austrian Economics. Here, I DO have experience with pot and pot users. It will take a lot to change my mind.

And, hate to say it, but advocates' work is always suspect. For obvious reasons - a substance-abuser always believes his intoxicant of choice is "medicine." I've had alcoholics tell me that absinthe, the real stuff from Italy (which is actually toxic) was medicine. That, or other mixes. Or that beer is good for you.

Sorry. Life has taught me skepticism.

Skepticism can make for a fine watchdog. Provided you know when to take it off the leash.

I know many successful people who partake in the privacy of their homes after their workday is done. I could not for the majority of my adult life due to my job. Now that I am retired, I find that I enjoy growing it almost as much as using it. But I never use it if I am leaving my property. And none of my friends and acquaintances are aware of my recreational use.

As for it making one stupid, I can smoke half a joint of Trainwreck and still complete a five-star difficulty level Sudoku and solve the New York Times crossword puzzle. I think stupid people will remain stupid whether they are high or not.

Growing is a lot of fun. You pull out the male plants andcfeed them to the hogs. I once had a 6 foot tall Panama Red plant.

Growing is a lot of fun. You pull out the male plants andcfeed them to the hogs. I once had a 6 foot tall Panama Red plant.

Now that I have discovered the world of cannabis genetics, I have no more male plants. I used to grow plants from the occasional seed I would find and that was fine. Some were males and some were females. Then I tried mail ordering some feminized plants. All females and the strains were quite a bit more potent than what I was used to. Last summer, I grew four Trainwreck feminized autoflowering plants outside in my tomato patch. Good Lord! You could smell them from thirty feet away and, when they were done, they were almost too strong to smoke. I think I am now done with indica as a species and will stick with sativas from now on. The Trainwreck really has a very nice taste as well.

This is the only "science" I am trusting these days.

genetics.jpg

Trump should wear a Bob Marley rasta hat at his next rally and push for legalizing it.

The Biden administration will take a historic step toward easing federal restrictions on cannabis, with plans to announce an interim rule soon reclassifying the drug for the first time since the Controlled Substances Act was enacted more than 50 years ago, four sources with knowledge of the decision tell NBC News.

The Drug Enforcement Administration is expected to approve an opinion by the Department of Health and Human Services that marijuana should be reclassified from the most strict Schedule I to the less stringent Schedule III, marking the first time that the U.S. government would acknowledge its potential medical benefits and begin studying them in earnest.

Attorney General Merrick Garland will submit the rescheduling proposal to the White House Office of Management and Budget as early as Tuesday afternoon, a source familiar with the timeline told NBC News.

More:

The Justice Department yesterday confirmed that the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) plans to move marijuana from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA), a list of completely prohibited drugs, to Schedule III, which includes prescription medications such as ketamine, Tylenol with codeine, and anabolic steroids. The Associated Press notes that the change, which is based on an August 2023 recommendation by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that resulted from a review President Joe Biden ordered in October 2022, "would not legalize marijuana outright for recreational use."

That is by no means the only thing rescheduling marijuana will not do. Biden wants credit for "marijuana reform," which he hopes will help motivate young voters whose turnout could be crucial to his reelection. The announcement of the DEA's decision seems designed to maximize its electoral impact. But voters should not be fooled: Although moving marijuana to Schedule III will facilitate medical research and provide a financial boost to the cannabis industry, it will leave federal pot prohibition essentially untouched.

More:

What Rescheduling Marijuana Means For The Cannabis Industry​

May 2, 2024 Forbes Daily Briefing

With the DEA set to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous drug, weed companies will finally get a break from a punitive federal tax rate—and cannabis stocks have already rallied.

5:20

xT5LMPgQtxjajto5Gg.webp

Back
Top Bottom