Drumbeats for the cashless society

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mario talks about a cashless society, CBDCs and more in this one. As usual, take anything I post fwiw and dyodd.

Why We're Being Pushed into a Cashless Society. It's Not Just About Convenience.​

May 21, 2024 #bank #cbdc #money

18:42

It's so tough to pay cash in China that the government had to fine a KFC for not accepting banknotes​

• China recently fined several businesses, including a KFC, for refusing to accept cash.
  • These are some of the most established companies in China, showing just how quickly cash has fallen from favor there.
  • It's a problem for a China hoping to attract foreign tourists who aren't part of the cashless system.
China's central bank fined seven businesses last week — including a KFC and branches of state-owned corporations — for rejecting cash payments, all as Beijing pushes to make spending more accessible for foreign tourists.

More:

Mario talks about a cashless society, CBDCs and more in this one. As usual, take anything I post fwiw and dyodd.

Why We're Being Pushed into a Cashless Society. It's Not Just About Convenience.​

Well of course not. Only a true idiot would think it's only about convenience. It's about control and monitoring and tracking We The People. The gov declared us the enemy in '33, and this is just one more step towards gov having total control.

Lot of banks around here are closing branches while leaving their most visited branches alone. Talked to a branch manager @Univest about a year ago. He told me that more and more peeps simply doing everything online. You have direct deposit, automatic or manual bill payments, buy or redeem CDs, open or close accounts, etc. All my dealings with Fidelity are online. The credit union I mainly deal with has just become kinda tellerless.

Over the years I've gotten to know some of the tellers and enjoyed chatting with them. Sucks to see this happen but there ain't jackshit I can do about it.

In reality banks have become way stations for your digital money.

Australia's Bankwest bank has announced that it will close all its branches and ATMs by the end of 2024, in order to become a fully digital bank.Coming soon to a bank near you, as part of the globalist push towards programmable CBDCs.
If people are dumb enough to keep using banks that do this, we will have no one but them to blame for the totalitarian gov that we will be forced in to.

Why are so many so seemingly ignorant of where this will so obviously lead us to?

When people see cash being made less available, the answer is to start using more of it. Cause demand for it to increase to the point that they can't get rid of it.

Otherwise, those short sighted people who are only thinking of themselves, are putting a noose on all of us.

Last edited:
Sucks to see this happen but there ain't jackshit I can do about it.
But there is something we can all do about it. Start using more cash. Think about your fellow man and future generations, and don't do things that serve to rope them (and yourself) into financial slavery.

Over the years I've gotten to know some of the tellers and enjoyed chatting with them. Sucks to see this happen but there ain't jackshit I can do about it.
One more aspect of the Covidiocy we lived through.

I do my banking at a small credit union. I had gotten to know the tellers.

Well...I don't know if there was an ORDER for banks to close, but all the banks I know about, including my own Montana-based CU, did close their lobbies. They put in Zoom teller portals in place of traditional ATMs, so you could tele-bank (which was a big hassle, no thanks).

When the lobby did re-open a year later, all the personnel were different. Some of them new hires.

Surely the previous roster either went home, got Stimmy checks and died of Medical Marijuana overdoses, or took other work when the Stimmy ran out.

It's sad and it depersonalizes one more aspect of our lives.

Which no doubt was a feature, not a bug, of the social-engineering operation that was Lockdown 1.0.

It's strange how quickly we have accepted the current state of financial surveillance as the norm. Just a few decades ago, withdrawing money didn't involve 20 questions about what we plan to use the money for, what we do for a living, and where we are from. Our daily transactions weren't handed over in bulk to countless third parties.

Yet, what is even stranger is that most people continue to believe in a version of financial privacy that no longer exists. They believe financial records continue to be private and the government needs a warrant to go after them. This belief couldn't be further from reality. Americans do not have financial privacy. Rather, we have the illusion of financial privacy.

Why is this? Put simply, financial surveillance has been kept hidden in three major ways: Encroachments into privacy have evolved gradually through obscure legislation, the scope of surveillance has constantly expanded through inflation, and much of the process is kept intentionally confidential.

More (recommended):

^^^^ it's simply the continuation of our gov treating us We The People as enemies of the State. We were declared to be that, in '33 in the Emergency Banking Act where the American people were added to the definition of the enemy in The Trading With The Enemies Act of 1917.
...and ever since, the noose has slowly been tightened as we become ever more regulated, controlled and monitored by the goverment.

If you have little to no financial privacy, you are in no way a free person.

Related to post 289:

From Banks to Big Brother: The Rise of Financial Surveillance​

Think you have financial privacy? Think again. Since Nixon, the US has increasingly turned banks and the entire financial industry into a massive surveillance network. This video dives deep into 5 of the major acts they’ve passed since 1970.
Path to Liberty, Fast Friday Edition: May 31, 2024

15:33

If America was still on the side of actual freedom for the People, we'd invade Australia to free them from the tyrany enveloping them. Instead, our gov wants to use their plan as a blueprint.

If America was still on the side of actual freedom for the People, we'd invade Australia to free them from the tyrany enveloping them. Instead, our gov wants to use their plan as a blueprint.
Australia is now under covert control of the CCP.

Trouble is, so are we.

Australian businesses and companies could soon cop huge fines if they don't accept or carry cash. Politicians Andrew Gee and Bob Katter have introduced a bill that aims to keep physical money in circulation.
The Keeping Cash Transactions in Australia Bill 2024 was submitted to parliament this week and the MPs believe it's "crucial in protecting the availability and acceptance of cash payments across the nation".
“Shockingly, while the law provides that banknotes and coins are legal tender, there is currently no legal requirement for banknotes or coins to be accepted for transactions in Australia.

“In other words, carrying Australian banknotes is no guarantee that you will be able complete a purchase in cash — it’s all at the discretion of the business. If a business gives you notice that it won’t accept cash it won’t have to."

The bill calls for businesses that provide goods and services in "face-to-face settings" that are based in a "premises, structure or vehicle" must offer to accept, and must accept, payment in cash if the transaction isn't more than $10,000.

If legislated, the maximum civil penalties for not upholding this rule would be $5,000 for a person and $25,000 for a body corporate.
Bob Katter sparked an almighty debate earlier this year after his $50 note was refused at a cafe inside Parliament House.

He was told the venue didn't accept physical money and even though it offered to give the MP the meal for free, Katter didn't let it go.

“Legal tender means you must accept it, it’s the law,” he said. “I fight the battle because otherwise all your freedom is gone.

It's totally stupid that a law to require the ability to use a nation's own cash within that same nation, is even necessary.

Just shows how truly stupid many people are.

Want to Pay Cash? That’ll Cost You Extra​

When Noa Khamallah recently tried to pay cash for popcorn and soda at Yankee Stadium, his almighty dollars struck out.

The stadium’s concession stands no longer take cash. An employee directed him to a kiosk that could convert his greenbacks into plastic. Khamallah, 41 years old, fed $200 into the reverse ATM, which subtracted a $3.50 fee and spat out a debit card with a balance of $196.50.

Paying for anything in New York is expensive already, said Khamallah, who lives in the city. “If you add on top of that extra fees for being able to pay for food, that’s not right,” he said.

Paying with cash used to be a way to get a discount. These days it can often cost an extra $1 to $6—the sort of transaction fees once limited to swiping a credit card or using an out-of-network ATM.

Reverse ATMs like those at Yankee Stadium are now common at cashless venues and restaurants across the country as a way to cater to those who prefer paying in cash. People who want to pay their parking tickets, tolls, taxes or phone bills in cash, meanwhile, often learn that government agencies and businesses have outsourced that option to companies that usually charge a fee.

All that can amount to a penalty on the people who prefer paying cash. Though it is more common to buy things with cards and mobile devices, cash remains the third-most popular way to pay, accounting for 16% of all payments in 2023, according to the Federal Reserve. That’s down 2 percentage points from the year before, continuing a steady decline that accelerated during the pandemic.

More:

Do You Want to Pay With Cash? - That Will Cost You More​

Jun 9, 2024 #NoCash #Cashless #CashFee

We are here in this morning and more. Businesses are not accepting cash. If you want to use cash, you will have to pay a fee to use cash. Some banks are even charging for cash deposits.

15:54

Here are the links for the stories mentioned in this video:

- https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other...
- https://integratedcashlogistics.com/b...
- https://stateline.org/2021/05/11/payi...
- https://www.bankrate.com/banking/savi...
- https://www.patriotsoftware.com/blog/...

That diary does not mention at all that the use of cash might just be impacted by the various prongs of the war on cash (access restrictions, algorithmic debanking of cash heavy businesses, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom