Elections

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I have never seen a more truth-free political campaign season...

...and it's only in the first few months.

Self-government requires integrity; which includes good faith and striving for honesty and correctness.

Banana republics launch smear and lie campaigns and false-flag events, doctored documents, untrue assertions by people hiding behind credentials.

And this is just on the REPUBLICAN side. The conservative-friendly side...not conservative, but containing the conservative faction.

It is not going to go well, these next 16 months.

Rudy Giuliani concedes he made false statements about two Georgia election workers​

WASHINGTON - Former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani conceded that he made false statements about two Georgia election workers he accused of rigging the 2020 election and counting extra votes.

His latest court filing Tuesday is an attempt to resolve their litigation against him.

It also says he refuses to accept his statements caused damage to the plaintiffs, Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, who said they faced harassment and death threats after former President Donald Trump accused them of committing election fraud.

More here:

A big lie, an attack on the Capitol — and soon, another indictment​

In a more than two-month blitz that ended in violence, Donald Trump lied, cajoled, inveighed and inspired his supporters to challenge the results of an election he lost. Now, special counsel Jack Smith appears on the verge of indicting Trump for those efforts.

Two and a half years have passed since the insurrection of Jan. 6, 2021. Yet investigators are still piecing together the breadth of Trump’s attempt to derail the transfer of power. It wasn’t a singular plan but in fact was many disparate schemes, led by distinct groups of advisers who embraced increasingly fringe strategies and were not always working in harmony.

Each arm of the effort was held together by one core lie with Trump at the center: that the election was stolen. And each tentacle has faced withering scrutiny from Smith’s investigators, who may ask a federal grand jury any day now to approve criminal charges tied to Trump’s election subversion, mere weeks after Smith charged Trump in a separate case for hoarding classified documents.

Read the rest:

Former Trump DOJ official Richard Donoghue has met with the special counsel's office​

Former senior Justice Department official Richard Donoghue says he has been interviewed by special counsel Jack Smith’s office, but has not been called to testify before the federal grand jury investigating Jan. 6 and efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Donoghue, who confirmed the meeting with Smith's office to NBC News on Monday, served as acting deputy attorney general near the end of the Trump administration. He later testified before the House Jan. 6 committee that investigated the Capitol riot.

The special counsel’s office declined to comment to NBC News.

In his testimony to the House panel last year, Donoghue said that weeks before the attack on the Capitol, Trump had urged Justice Department officials, including then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen, to "just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen."

More:

Trump believer wakes up, smells the lies and realizes he was played for a fool.

Conservative cries bitter tears after Trump allies admit election lies: 'It was all BS'​

Conservative broadcaster Steve Deace complained bitterly that Donald Trump's allies admitted to lies about the election that he helped spread.

The BlazeTV host initially opposed Trump in 2016 and then claimed to leave the Republican Party after his first choice, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), called for unity behind the reality TV star-turned GOP standard bearer, but by 2020 he was promoting Trump's election lies and raising money for the "Stop the Steal" movement -- much to his belated chagrin.

"We are going to the mattresses for these people, we are offering them more accommodations, more chances, than we'd offer our own family members, for goodness sake," Deace said, "and for what? For Rudy Giuliani to go down to Georgia and admit that he lied? Have Jason Miller tell the Jan. 6 commission, 'Yeah, we all knew it was BS?' What is this?

"Some of you don't like it when I use the cult word. When you like being treated like a schmuck, and ask for more, that is a cult. 'I'm the mark, I'm the sucker, I want to be such and I resent the person who tries to get me out of that.' Those are marks of groupthink, frankly."

More:

DEREK JOHNSON - TRUMP & THE MILITARY PUT TOGETHER A 7 YEAR PLAN, THE PLAN IS OPERATIONAL​

Derek Johnson is a United States Army Veteran, Retired, DV. 1776 nation which is thedocuments.info, where breaks down the covert operation that is going on right now. Derek is also a 2 time Billboard Hit Artist and Songwriter, Derek is best known for his two Billboard Hits "Real Cool Kinda Hot" and "Right Beer Right. Derek begins the conversation explaining what COG is and he shows proof that it is in place. Trump and the military are in control of the country, Biden is the front man waking up the entire world and showing the people how corrupt the system really is. Derek explains that they put together a 7 year plan to counter the 16 year plan that the [DS] put into place. The conclusion of the plan comes into play in 2024 and this is why this the final battle.

104m

Trump believer wakes up, smells the lies and realizes he was played for a fool.

With all due respect, your legal system is so fvcked up that tactical admission to something that helps you out when you are up against a stacked system is a distinct possibility. You will never know what the truth of the detail is. Look @ the deal they just offered Hunter, the system is corrupt to the core and if you are on the wrong side of that you are pretty well fvcked, you may as well play damage limitation even if it involves false admissions.

The bottom line is that few people that I know out here in the "real world" trust anything that comes out of your system.

The statistics that the election produced were impossible under any normal circumstance, no amount of squabbling over detail can negate that. We've seen the raw Jan 6 footage, we know what happened, we understand the depth of the bullshit, and we have seen what has happened since.

Frankly I wish that you had a better choice than Trump, in a normal world I'd be a harsh critic of his, however when you look at what is in control sitting on the other side of the fence it is hard to see that he is the bad guy in this mess of a "political system".

I think that you do yourself a real disservice here, it comes across as partisan bias to the max.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to ANOTHER Kabuki Theatre election, I'm sure it will be as entertaining as the last and chock-full of improbable surprise.

The USA has become a running joke out here, a black one. I'm sick to death of it, and I am sick to death of the influence your country has over our lot. Sadly, like Trump, you are the best option out there in terms of global "leadership" so FFS open your eyes and fix it. Covid should have been enough of a red flag, if you didn't learn the lessons of that episode you are probably on the payroll or maybe just another useful idiot.

This is headed to conflict, serious conflict IMO.

@Zed ..............give ya credit. You made me smile.

The bottom line is that few people that I know out here in the "real world" trust anything that comes out of your system.

Don't blame them. We've got traitorous politicians roaming around free while dope smokers, shoplifters & petty crooks are doing hard time.

I think that you do yourself a real disservice here, it comes across as partisan bias to the max.

I post a lot of negative stuff about trump because it's news and it's true. If it comes across as partisan bias - so be it. I can't wait until he's indicted for Jan 6 and indicted in Georgia. What happed on Jan 6 was an attempted overthrow of the government by a group of lunatics who wanted to install a power deranged lunatic into office as a dictator so they could force their religious, racial and political beliefs on the entire country. That's a no-no. Fuck them and everything they believe. History has taught me a very valuable lesson about dictators. Read about Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin and you may understand my views on Trump and his ilk.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to ANOTHER Kabuki Theatre election, I'm sure it will be as entertaining as the last and chock-full of improbable surprise.

I'm not. I hope it goes smooth with no horseshit. Time will tell.

The USA has become a running joke out here, a black one.

This has nothing to do with me or any other ordinary citizen. It's our elected officials. Most of whom are only interested in their bottom lines.

so FFS open your eyes and fix it

Unfortunately, things may be beyond repair at this point unless we get some quality people back into office. Most of our elected officials are actors playing to a rather uneducated audience. Think bread and circuses. And the only thing an ordinary citizen can do to "fix it" is to vote decent people into office.

you are probably on the payroll or maybe just another useful idiot.

You're way off base here. Just someone who isn't afraid to voice his opinion.

This is headed to conflict, serious conflict IMO.

I hope your dead wrong. But it does seem as though there are fools who think that conflict might be a good thing. Trump and some of his supporters for example. None of whom have a clue what can happen during a civil war. So I'm hoping it doesn't happen here.

I can't wait until he's indicted for Jan 6 and indicted in Georgia. What happed on Jan 6 was an attempted overthrow of the government by a group of lunatics who wanted to install a power deranged lunatic into office as a dictator so they could force their religious, racial and political beliefs on the entire country.

It was a protest, and a very mild one by the standards set by the "mostly peaceful" protests that the "media" covered in recent history. The fact that the extent of the corruption in that election only lead to Jan 6th is a major miracle. You are grossly exaggerating from all the footage I have seen.

Fook you have Trump derangement syndrome badly! He's a bit hard to take, but you are really pulling your plonker there.

Trump and some of his supporters for example. None of whom have a clue what can happen during a civil war. So I'm hoping it doesn't happen here.

Most of the political violence seems to come from the left, yet you want to lay it all @ Trumps feet, amazing.

You have blinkers on if you think anything about this last presidency has been legitimate. Whatever I might think about Trump and his many shortcomings, he did a far better job than the BS that is going on now.

Maybe Kennedy will get up this time, at least that win would have some credibility.

It's the sort of irrational, bullshit emotion you express about Trump that will lead to the bloodshed.

And the only thing an ordinary citizen can do to "fix it" is to vote decent people into office.

Now that is the sad joke, it won't matter who you vote in... Trump was right on that count, it's the swamp that is the problem, and they will do what they did to Trump to anyone that tries to reduce their power. You seemed to have swallowed the line because it suits your side of the aisle, I wonder what would happen if that somehow changed and a democrat with courage got to the top?

Maybe Kennedy will get up this time, at least that win would have some credibility.

No clue as to who will be in the running come 24, but if Kennedy does run, he doesn't have a chance of winning.

It's the sort of irrational, bullshit emotion you express about Trump that will lead to the bloodshed.

Way off base with this. That said, here's what I think is going to happen. Once Trump is indicted for Jan 6 and in Georgia, we're going to hear a good bit of the evidence that the gov has against him. Once that happens a lot of his sane supporters will turn against him. After that he and his lawyers will some-how-or-other come up with a way for him to plead guilty to both the federal and Georgia charges, pay a humongous fine, admit guilt, leave politics altogether and sail off into the sunset.

As to bloodshed, not gonna happen. If Trump goes to trial, he goes to trial. Win or lose there will be no violence. Maybe a few protests and that'll be it.

I think the mistake you make is believing that the US democracy is still functional. Sadly, all this shit has probably increased the likelihood you do end up with some form of outright authoritarian regime in response.

I think the mistake you make is believing that the US democracy is still functional. Sadly, all this shit has probably increased the likelihood you do end up with some form of outright authoritarian regime in response.

I hope you're wrong.

If Trump goes to trial

Funny that it has taken to the next election to move on him, I mean, if it was all that cut and dried, why wasn't he locked up in the first year? It's starting to look like 20-year-old rape accusations. If he did it, they should have gone after him hard and early. This just looks like every other tin pot 3rd world country where they use the system to lock up their competition. Totally suspect in all regards, stinks to high heaven, seriously the wait has blown their credibility TOTALLY.

Funny that it has taken to the next election to move on him, I mean, if it was all that cut and dried, why wasn't he locked up in the first year? It's starting to look like 20-year-old rape accusations. If he did it, they should have gone after him hard and early. This just looks like every other tin pot 3rd world country where they use the system to lock up their competition. Totally suspect in all regards, stinks to high heaven, seriously the wait has blown their credibility TOTALLY.

Now this is something I can agree with. Trump and his cohorts should have been arrested on Jan 7, already been tried and sentenced. As to why they weren't you'll have to ask the American DOJ.

BTW............why "thehun"? Just curious.

Trump's 'fake electors' are likely to avoid prosecution in Pennsylvania — here's why​

Sixteen people in Michigan who served as so-called “fake electors” for Donald Trump are now facing state-level forgery charges, but similar prosecution appears unlikely here in Pennsylvania as the investigation into an alleged plot to overturn the 2020 election ramps up.

The Keystone State was one of seven won by President Joe Biden where groups of people gathered to submit votes for Trump instead. The plan to organize those electors is part of a federal investigation led by Special Counsel Jack Smith, which appears to be nearing criminal charges. Prosecutors in Arizona and Georgia, two states with “false electors,” are also investigating the plan.

But unlike Michigan, Pennsylvania’s alternate electors are unlikely to face criminal repercussions because of an important legal caveat they added to their document.

More here:

Donald Trump Could Take a Plea Deal and Drop Out of 2024​

Donald Trump gained plenty of attention by vowing to continue his campaign for a second term as president–from prison if necessary–if he is convicted on any of the pending charges against him.

So how does he walk back from that vow?

The 45th president is the consummate fighter. He will never back down. He even says, “I am being indicted for you,” as if he’s protecting Americans. Of course, Trump says he will keep running for president and won’t negotiate a deal. That’s the best way to gain leverage for a deal.

Read the rest:

Now here's something that could very well happen. And to be honest I think it'll be hysterical if it does.

Trump Reportedly Getting Ready to Throw Giuliani and John Eastman Under the Bus​

It’s possible that a third indictment is coming for former President Donald Trump for his involvement in January 6, and one legal strategy being hinted at is blaming the lawyers who advised him at the time.

Trump has claimed in his Truth Social posts that he “did nothing wrong” when the January 6 insurrection happened and he allegedly tried to steal the 2020 election, and that he was “advised by many lawyers” at the time. In a new Rolling Stone report by Asawin Suebsaeng and Adam Rawnsley those lawyers could very well turn out to be the scapegoats, specifically John Eastman and Rudy Giuliani:

The attorneys were acting on Trump’s behalf. But in this legal strategy, Team Trump would argue it was the lawyers leading Trump, rather than the other way around.
“It is an argument the [former] president likes, and the team is on board with it,” one Trump adviser bluntly says, then somewhat ominously adding: “John [Eastman] and Rudy [Giuliani] gave a lot of counsel … Other people can decide how sound it was.”

More:

Rudy Giuliani concedes he made false statements about two Georgia election workers​

WASHINGTON - Former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani conceded that he made false statements about two Georgia election workers he accused of rigging the 2020 election and counting extra votes.

His latest court filing Tuesday is an attempt to resolve their litigation against him.

It also says he refuses to accept his statements caused damage to the plaintiffs, Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, who said they faced harassment and death threats after former President Donald Trump accused them of committing election fraud.

More here:

So they were proven innocent.... Lol, or just not prosecuted by the rigging team.

Let's see if this flies. Post anything related to the developing election campaigns.

I would be shocked if the Democrats didn't steal the next election. How much it matters really I don't know but I'm getting past tired of looking at this a$$hole.

As to why they weren't you'll have to ask the American DOJ.

... because they couldn't. With the animosity against the man from the entrenched powers, IF they could have, they would have.

That is, unless my ridiculous dictator thesis is correct and things are going to plan. Who knows, it is a mad world.

Probably delete this thread, I miss the title of the other one.

No biggie. Merged into the elections thread.

You should spend more time in gen pop. It's interesting to hear what people outside of the US think about our insanity.

NOBODY TOLD ME TRUMPS LAWYER WAS THIS SAVAGE! TELL YOUR LIBERAL FRIENDS IT'S OVER!!​

8m

another channel

TRUMP LAWYER: "THIS IS ELECTION INTERFERENCE," "THIS IS THE BIDEN POLITICAL LAWFARE"​

Last edited:

NOBODY TOLD ME TRUMPS LAWYER WAS THIS SAVAGE! TELL YOUR LIBERAL FRIENDS IT'S OVER!!​

8m

another channel

TRUMP LAWYER: "THIS IS ELECTION INTERFERENCE," "THIS IS THE BIDEN POLITICAL LAWFARE"​

He has the best looking lawyers, well, maybe not Rudy. LOL.

I'm calling bullshit on that idea and frankly your credibility.

For someone to call bullshit on someone's credibility I find it strange you'd post a garbage video by Benny Johnson.

From the link:

In July 2014, BuzzFeed found 41 instances of plagiarism in Johnson's writings, comprising almost ten percent of his work. He was subsequently fired from BuzzFeed and apologized for the plagiarism.[3] A few weeks later, he became digital director at National Review.[14]

In 2015, a few months after he was hired by National Review, he joined the Independent Journal Review (IJR) as a creative content contributor.[14] Later that year, IJR staffers accused Johnson of plagiarizing an article about then-House Republican Conference chairwoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers.[5]

In 2017, Johnson was suspended by IJR after Johnson's involvement in an article which asserted that Judge Derrick Watson's partial blocking of Executive Order 13780 was connected to former President Barack Obama's visit to Hawaii. Johnson had been warned that IJR could potentially be promoting a conspiracy theory, but assigned the story anyway.[5][15] Later that year, Johnson was demoted for violating IJR's company ethics; Business Insider reported that Johnson had been verbally abusive and driven numerous staffers away from the IJR due to his management style.[15] Johnson and IJR's relationship was terminated in October 2017.[16]

Pence will be the number 1 witness in the upcoming Trump Jan 6 trial.

Back
Top Bottom