GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Is there an android app for PMB? We also need a random pictures thread.

This site should work fine in your mobile device's web browser. I'm posting from my android phone right now.

Yes it does, but a downloadable app is very convenient.

Now where are the boobs?
tumblr_my6pglzCcg1qi8pz7o5_250.gif

Walkingnam messed up his registration. He typed in his email as .comr and now cannot register properly. Can you look into it for him?

Walkingnam messed up his registration. He typed in his email as .comr and now cannot register properly. Can you look into it for him?
Yes. As soon as I get to my computer.

good morning

thanks for the invite BigJim and thanks for a place to land pmbug

started out on burgundy and then I hit the harder stuff describes my pm journey

started out at Gold-Eagle , went to GIM , then GIM2 , and somewhere in between I forgot the name of that place between GIM and G2

what a long strange trip it has been

good morning

thanks for the invite BigJim and thanks for a place to land pmbug

started out on burgundy and then I hit the harder stuff describes my pm journey

started out at Gold-Eagle , went to GIM , then GIM2 , and somewhere in between I forgot the name of that place between GIM and G2

what a long strange trip it has been
Everybody said they'd stand behind me when the game got rough...

get back truckin' on.

Good a place as any to jump in. Cheers everybody.

My confirmation went straight to the spam folder

But it is working
(y)

I noticed that, too. Seems all email from this site go into Spam...or at least Gurgle's algos want the hoo-munns to think it's spam.

Yeah, I know, Gurgle mail. What can I say...it's free, and it was good.

And it lasted a lot longer than Mail City or Fastmail (Canada). There's a lifespan for "free" services, and it's short. Either the service ends, or is no longer free...or you pay another way. When someone offers you a product that's free...it's not the service they're selling. YOU are the product.

You can never reach the promised land. You can march towards it. - James Callahan

You are your own promised land. Your own new frontier. - Julia Cameron

Well, that's interesting. After five minutes I can no longer edit, add to my post.

I noticed that, too. Seems all email from this site go into Spam...

Fun fact about running forum websites - You will get members that sign up, participate a little bit and then move on. But they don't bother changing their notification settings, so they keep getting emails from the forum when folks reply to threads they posted on. Eventually, they just complain to their email provider that the emails are spam. Even though they signed up, confirmed their registration and had complete control over whether the forum should send them any emails at all.

OldGarandDad from GIM2 is now onboard.

If any members of this board are wondering about the name, I'm a Dad and I love old M1 Garand rifles. I'm also one of the editors for the Garand Collectors Association (GCA) Journal.

Any other members here dabble in the other precious metals: copper, lead, brass? The kind of PMs that make noise.

Well, that's interesting. After five minutes I can no longer edit, add to my post.

I'd have to dig into the user group permissions, but I'm pretty sure that the 'active' user groups (and the upgraded user groups) have much more generous timeout intervals than the 'registered' group. New members move to the 'active' group after some very low thresholds have been met. It's a spam and troll prevention measure.

Any other members here dabble in the other precious metals: copper, lead, brass? The kind of PMs that make noise.

I let my gun range membership lapse some years ago (when ammo prices got way unreasonable) and haven't been back in way too long. Even my son was asking me a few weeks ago if we could go shooting again. I'd like to, but I've got other priorities that need my attention first.

I'd have to dig into the user group permissions, but I'm pretty sure that the 'active' user groups (and the upgraded user groups) have much more generous timeout intervals than the 'registered' group. New members move to the 'active' group after some very low thresholds have been met. It's a spam and troll prevention measure.

Thanks...

Some of us OLD folks just ain't as sharp as we used to be...lol

I needed to edit this post...lol

So for a couple hours yesterday the site wouldn't load for me (all other websites were fine) is that due to the mass influx of invaders?

Back
Top Bottom