GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

So for a couple hours yesterday the site wouldn't load for me (all other websites were fine) is that due to the mass influx of invaders?

I'm not aware of any issue with the site (server/uptime). AFAIK, the site has been working fine.

Thanks...

Some of us OLD folks just ain't as sharp as we used to be...lol

I needed to edit this post...lol

I would like to express our thanks for excepting us into your little part of the world and having patience learning our personalities

We all know each other over on GIM2, but we know nothing of your existing members and I don't think any one of us wish to come into your forum and just take over like some bully.

I think it would be wise if we know something about your forum and existing members....Is it safe to assume that this site leans mostly conservative???

I'm not aware of any issue with the site (server/uptime). AFAIK, the site has been working fine.

Ok. Maybe my 'puter just didn't want to associate with all this new riff-raff. When I tried several times over the course of a couple hours & all the other sites worked, I just wrote it off as the site was getting way more traffic than in was set up to handle.

... I think it would be wise if we know something about your forum and existing members....Is it safe to assume that this site leans mostly conservative???

There are really only a handful of active members that have stuck with this site over the years. Most of them lurk more than they post and I don't recall where most of them reside though I know @rblong2us is across the pond and @11C1P is somewhere near the rust belt. We used to have more active members from Australia, Europe, Asia and so on. We never really bothered too much with politics aside from how it impacted (global) monetary policies. I used to post some political stuff related to domestic issues.

I don't care if members lean liberal, conservative, libertarian or whatever as long as everyone treats others with respect. You can disagree with people without peeing on my carpet. A variety of worldviews makes for more interesting conversation than an echo chamber. $.02

I don't care if members lean liberal, conservative, libertarian or whatever as long as everyone treats others with respect. You can disagree with people without peeing on my carpet. A variety of worldviews makes for more interesting conversation than an echo chamber. $.02

I think you will find most of us feel this exact same way

There are really only a handful of active members that have stuck with this site over the years. Most of them lurk more than they post and I don't recall where most of them reside though I know @rblong2us is across the pond and @11C1P is somewhere near the rust belt. We used to have more active members from Australia, Europe, Asia and so on. We never really bothered too much with politics aside from how it impacted (global) monetary policies. I used to post some political stuff related to domestic issues.

I have a feeling it might help to add a few new sub-forums and/or sections to put topics in. I know often I find stuff that I'm fairly certain people on the site would be interested in, but can't really find a forum that fits best so STS or BSTS sort of becomes a catch all.

The GIM2 site has over 10K members. Not sure how many are active.

[Just sayin'.]

... can't really find a forum that fits best so STS or BSTS sort of becomes a catch all.

Yeah, that was my intention. I was planning on adding forum rooms as needed to keep things organized. But I am happy to consider suggestions if you would like something specific.

Like most long lived forums, I expect a good number are inactive, some were spam(bots) to begin with and maybe 10% are still lurking/active.

My other site (the one that used to pay all the bills) has over 6K members, but most are inactive as described above.

Yeah, that was my intention. I was planning on adding forum rooms as needed to keep things organized. But I am happy to consider suggestions if you would like something specific.

There's probably several, but at the same time a site, especially a small one can get too many for the traffic it has. I thought a dedicated 2A/guns & ammo sub-forum would be nice, or maybe a more prepper/survivalist oriented one at least that could include that kind of stuff.

Like most long lived forums, I expect a good number are inactive, some were spam(bots) to begin with and maybe 10% are still lurking/active.

My other site (the one that used to pay all the bills) has over 6K members, but most are inactive as described above.

I either didn't know or forgot you had another site. What was that site?

I either didn't know or forgot you had another site. What was that site?

It's not related to metals, investing, politics or anything that would be of interest to members here, so I've never mentioned it. It's a peer support site for a medical condition that affects a member of my family.

GIM never deleted inactive members. That's why there are so many.

I'd say maybe 100 are active during the year? Most 'members' sign up and never post.

It's not related to metals, investing, politics or anything that would be of interest to members here, so I've never mentioned it. It's a peer support site for a medical condition that affects a member of my family.

There is a lot of useful info related to medical conditions from GIM members as well as Avalon is a nurse if my memory serves me right...

No guarantees on that memory though

I am hoping we can attract some conjoined twins as new members. I am sure somebody here would gift them a subscription. Would they need two?

[Just sayin'.]
Active members...
Well to give some insight, 200 members contributed funds to the 2022 fund drive. Since not all active posters contribute, I would take a SWAG and say GIM has about three or four hundred active (posts at least once a month) members.

BF

IBTL is just a game we used to play sometimes. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom