GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Another GIM 1 refugee GIM 2 lurker here. Know “ Z” from decades ago at ”TNO”. Traders network site whe he and his mate “ Marty” used to trade the pants off the Penny dreadfuls!!!

I came here for the humor?

cheers from down under $

Thank you PM bug for your site and service to the community

ps tried to edit the previous post however the five minute time limit had expired
That's because you are new here. You need to post more to achieve nirvana.... and edibility for 48? hrs?

on my to do list.......cant decide which...30mi to mail box for check with name n bank routing # ...or CC # online without the lil padlock symbol.....not bitching just splaining my procrastination and personal inner conflict....$ is no issue.... coming out of the bunker into real sunlight is tough on me LOL.....got pp but thats like sleeping with the devil

Last edited:
I'm not donating at this time. but if I was, from what I've seen, it would take me about 3 minutes to figure out how and then do it.

on my to do list.......cant decide which...30mi to mail box for check with name n bank routing # ...or CC # online without the lil padlock symbol.....not bitching just splaining my procrastination and personal inner conflict....$ is no issue.... coming out of the bunker into real sunlight is tough on me LOL.....got pp but thats like sleeping with the devil

it may be worse than previously thought ... it is
i'm waiting for this to change

i'm waiting for this to change
What is the issue?

CC payments are handled via secure connections by Stripe. Stripe is a well established processor. Several folks here have effected CC payments without any problem.

What is the issue?

CC payments are handled via secure connections by Stripe. Stripe is a well established processor. Several folks here have effected CC payments without any problem.
Legit question when I went to upgrade, the cc data entry point did not display the lil padlock symbol indicating a secure transaction..I have always been told to look for the secure transaction indicator...to those tech savvy (am I wrong?)...not questioning your intent pmbug .....and I didn't go beyond the first gate...I have a inner need to feel informational safe.....my alternative is to drive 30mi (my problem) and either send pms or purchase a postal money order to remain anonymous

Legit question when I went to upgrade, the cc data entry point did not display the lil padlock symbol indicating a secure transaction..I have always been told to look for the secure transaction indicator...to those tech savvy (am I wrong?)...not questioning your intent pmbug .....and I didn't go beyond the first gate...I have a inner need to feel informational safe
Is the padlock necessary on 'https' sites?

@Ttazzman - pmbug uses a secure connection. You should see the lock by the address bar on any page of this site. The CC input isn't done through a separate browser window or tab. It's a secure connection.

That said, if you have reservations, you can always send a check via the mail.

I can send you one of these, it's just as good as the Zimbabwe money20221122_174505.jpg

Fwiw for those intrested....I was able to use a Mastercard gift card at the site payment port and do the account upgrade anonymously with no issues....this allowed me to contribute in a way that was comfortable to me

Last edited:
Fwiw for those intrested....I was able to use a Mastercard gift card at the site payment port and do the account upgrade anonymously with no issues....this allowed me to contribute in a way that was comfortable to me
Was it anonymous?

I bought one of those gift cards (Visa) just to see how they worked. I had to register online just to activate it. It wouldn't work at swipe-and-buy terminals, like gas pumps. I could have MADE it work, by putting a PIN on it...so the complicated instructions said.

It was about as anonymous as the other CCs I have. I guess it might be usable, if credit but not prepaid debit cards are turned off, in a bank run. But I can't imagine that happening...if the credit goes, the prepaid money will be lost, too. Because, banksters.

Was it anonymous?

I bought one of those gift cards (Visa) just to see how they worked. I had to register online just to activate it. It wouldn't work at swipe-and-buy terminals, like gas pumps. I could have MADE it work, by putting a PIN on it...so the complicated instructions said.

It was about as anonymous as the other CCs I have. I guess it might be usable, if credit but not prepaid debit cards are turned off, in a bank run. But I can't imagine that happening...if the credit goes, the prepaid money will be lost, too. Because, banksters.
This on was from my stash ....was a gift bought by someone else several years ago...there is no possible way it contains any of my information...this card was a Mastercard and said debit on it

This on was from my stash ....was a gift bought by someone else several years ago...there is no possible way it contains any of my information...this card was a Mastercard and said debit on it
Yeah, I know.

Mine was from Visa, and made very plain...GIFT CARD. Visa Debit Card.

I guess the protocols are changing. They have to watch EVERYONE.

I think you can still buy Postal money orders, if you have to move money privately. But now, not gift cards.

Was it anonymous?

You buy em with cash and they're activated at the register IME. No trace. Gas is more complicated than just a pin due to how many pumps work with an automatic $75 deductible thingy.

You buy em with cash and they're activated at the register IME. No trace. Gas is more complicated than just a pin due to how many pumps work with an automatic $75 deductible thingy.
Yeah. I bought mine with cash, too.

Still had to activate it.

I don't know why the differences. I don't discount others' experiences, but I found mine to be as anonymous as an e-payment.

Gas is more complicated than just a pin due to how many pumps work with an automatic $75 deductible thingy.
Huh?

$75 deductible when buying gas? I admit that I don't buy much gas, but I have no idea what you are even referring to here.

A lil' help, maybe?

Huh?

$75 deductible when buying gas? I admit that I don't buy much gas, but I have no idea what you are even referring to here.

A lil' help, maybe?
On many pumps, $75 is the maximum you can charge at a pump, when just using the swipe feature.

You can buy more, of course, by going inside, or you can turn the pump off, and re-swipe; but it will cut off at $75. Or, now, $100.

On many pumps, $75 is the maximum you can charge at a pump, when just using the swipe feature.

You can buy more, of course, by going inside, or you can turn the pump off, and re-swipe; but it will cut off at $75. Or, now, $100.

News to me. Never in my life have I purchased $75 worth of gas at one time. Not even close.

In fact, I doubt I've spent more than $5 on gas at any one time in at least the past 20 years. lol
Edited to add:...and no, that is not a typo. $5 The gas co's are NOT getting rich off of me.

News to me. Never in my life have I purchased $75 worth of gas at one time. Not even close.

In fact, I doubt I've spent more than $5 on gas at any one time in at least the past 20 years. lol
Edited to add:...and no, that is not a typo. $5 The gas co's are NOT getting rich off of me.
How do you do the grocery shopping?

Even at a dollar a gallon, $5 would only fill a tiny car's tank about a third full. Smallest gas tank I've seen on an economy car, is eleven gallons. The old Chevy/Isuzu LUV truck had an eight-gallon tank, but that was a nuisance - and the LUV was a truck made out of a car.

If you have a way of getting to the butcher, the baker, the salary-maker without a car...great. Few of us have that option.

Thou Shall Not Steal.

you must be the guy i used to see in town who had the electric scooter with a orange flag on a whip antenna and a little trailer behind

Back
Top Bottom