GIM2 refugees

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

News to me. Never in my life have I purchased $75 worth of gas at one time. Not even close.

In fact, I doubt I've spent more than $5 on gas at any one time in at least the past 20 years. lol
Edited to add:...and no, that is not a typo. $5 The gas co's are NOT getting rich off of me.
JK -- I have done that $75+ many times... after waiting in line for those ahead of me to spend more than $75.

Hurricane prep if you live in the boonies (e.g. -- power for water pump, fridge, A/C, etc.)

JK -- I have done that $75+ many times... after waiting in line for those ahead of me to spend more than $75.

Hurricane prep if you live in the boonies (e.g. -- power for water pump, fridge, A/C, etc.)
In 2020 it cost 45 to fill up the ram, now it's 130.

Some stations click me off at 75, some don't. I usually fill up the ram, explorer and 4 5 gallon cans at the same time.

Yeah, I know.

Mine was from Visa, and made very plain...GIFT CARD. Visa Debit Card.

I guess the protocols are changing. They have to watch EVERYONE.

I think you can still buy Postal money orders, if you have to move money privately. But now, not gift cards.

post office just quit selling money orders around here

All I did was just send a fargin check.

Lighten up, guys... the odd thing is, alla youse know awreddy that there is no real hiding from Big Brother.

Every word you ever spoke on a phone, every post you've ever made on the Net, every trip you've taken... all available now, recorded. The last toll booth your drove through...

Y'all know this. So why the [what amounts to] party games on how to [theoretically, maybe, hopefully] beat the NSA system?

Just write the fargin check.

Both my sons will be here today. Scooter flew in from Oregon, and Puck is driving up 60 miles from Coral Springs.

I have my new crossbow with the rifle scope zeroed in; Scooter took a shot with it and scored the center of the bull. We reloaded, and he shot a second time.

He did what is known as a "Robin Hood" -- two arrows in the same hole. Busted the nock offa the first arrow!

This crossbow is very powerful; my target is a crossbow target (filled with tire rubber, not straw or cardboard). The arrow goes too deep to pull it out, so you have to use a block of wood to hammer the point backwards to get enough of it reversed to be able to get a grip and pull it back out.

Where did you get the crossbow and what type Walt? I’m interested in getting one for emergency purposes. Probably have to have it shipped to my New Hampshire house since Massachusetts is a lunatic state, I can’t even order bear spray online.

Have a great Thanksgiving with your kids.

this thread now needs more cannon, cassowaries

I still haven't received my ESC. the happiness of the world depends on this.

Where did you get the crossbow and what type Walt? I’m interested in getting one for emergency purposes. Probably have to have it shipped to my New Hampshire house since Massachusetts is a lunatic state, I can’t even order bear spray online.

Have a great Thanksgiving with your kids.
Old -- It is an Empire HellHound.

One extra they don't mention is that the stock is adjustable in length. I love the thing -- it wuz a birthday present from my Scottish Witch.

With tax, it comes to $300 and 24 cents. GET IT ON AMAZON OR IT COSTS $430!! (see below for pic) It comes disassembled (no big thing -- even I had no trubble) so mebbe the Overseers will not notice it.

But you'd better buy a crossbow target. Regular archery targets are not even noticed as the crossbow arrow passes through them like going through fog. And you haveta sight in the scope, natch. <-- Also easypeasy, but absolutely necessary.

This thing will drop a buffalo.

This is what you get in the box. Remember: Amazon.com is over $100 cheaper for the same unit.

1669301277132.png

Last edited:
FYI watch your young ones with the crossbow when loading. My nephew ripped his thumb in half with a crossbow bolt loading accident.
You are spot on, brother. The crossbow I wore out was one of that kind. Here's Fuzzy giving the old one a sniff-spection. You loaded this one by gripping the string and pulling it back to latch it. See below.

The cheapo scope was an integral part of the whole rig, and the scope itself died (used a battery for a red dot). Could not be replaced.

This type of loading protocol can be dangerous if you do not grip it properly. My new one uses a separate rope/handgrip/pulley system which is even proof against yer Unca from getting hurt loading. You can see the handles and rope with the roller pull-clips on them all tangled in the pic next to the arrows.

It also make the whole rig twice as powerful (pulley system). You can see the thinness of the old bow arms in this pic compared to the Schwartzeneggar one above.

1669301821142.jpeg

My new one has a double safety: You cannot remove it from "Safe" until the arrow/bolt has been installed. This is an anti-dry firing extra safety not on the one I had above. You could load it, and accidentally take the safety off and fire it without an arrow! EEK. EEK. Great way to take off a digit or three.

On the HellHound, installing the arrow into the slot properly completes the last part of the loading procedure by arming the "Fire/Safe" switch. Then you must push the switch forward for final arming.

Last edited:
BTW, somewhat related tangent:

One more thing about crossbow hunting: Every single time I ever shot it while hunting, I killed the critter. Deer, hogs, turkeys. Never missed.

And one (AHA!! I found ONE advantage to getting a shot-up shoulder!!) great thing was that I could use the crossbow in Archery Season. I have a special license. So my last deer was at 44 yards. Clean through the heart, and stuck in the dirt twenty feet on the far side of him. He went twenty yards.

Did a head shot on a gobbler.

BTW: I got a tip from a superb hunter about 20 years ago -- so I have always used Scorpion tips. They have five razor edges and absolutely core the animal. This is what they look like before they hit. The round top tip is razor. It makes the first hole, and then the three razor arms swing out:
1669304219144.png
1669304328060.png

Both my sons will be here today. Scooter flew in from Oregon, and Puck is driving up 60 miles from Coral Springs.
Off topic...but when you say "flew in" I hope you're using literary license.

You maybe haven't heard...a commercial airline pilot died of a heart attack, at the controls, departing Chicago O'Hare airport. Co-pilot brought the plane back in. Of course, not a peep from the propagandist mediuh - CFP had a blurb, not a link from a major nooze source.

It's now gone down the rabbit hole. No commentator or Twitter poster wants to be part of the next round of Cancelling.

But at this point...my take is, anyone who flies, now, is taking an unconscionable risk. Same as sailing the Atlantic in the months before Pearl Harbor, when the U-Boats were rolling up the score.

EDIT: Link at CFP still works.

MSM liars still ignoring it.

Last edited:
Off topic...but when you say "flew in" I hope you're using literary license.

You maybe haven't heard...a commercial airline pilot died of a heart attack, at the controls, departing Chicago O'Hare airport. Co-pilot brought the plane back in. Of course, not a peep from the propagandist mediuh - CFP had a blurb, not a link from a major nooze source.

It's now gone down the rabbit hole. No commentator or Twitter poster wants to be part of the next round of Cancelling.

But at this point...my take is, anyone who flies, now, is taking an unconscionable risk. Same as sailing the Atlantic in the months before Pearl Harbor, when the U-Boats were rolling up the score.

EDIT: Link at CFP still works.

MSM liars still ignoring it.

A spokesman for the pilot’s family reiterated their gratitude for the vaccine, knowing that the outcome could have been much worse.

He died more peacefully than he would have if unvaccinated.

Ded still means ded... Nobody talks for you once you ded...

How do you do the grocery shopping?

Even at a dollar a gallon, $5 would only fill a tiny car's tank about a third full. Smallest gas tank I've seen on an economy car, is eleven gallons. The old Chevy/Isuzu LUV truck had an eight-gallon tank, but that was a nuisance - and the LUV was a truck made out of a car.

If you have a way of getting to the butcher, the baker, the salary-maker without a car...great. Few of us have that option.

My crew cab dually has a 35 gallon tank. Filling it with diesel is fun these days. 🤑

NOTE TO OLDMANSMITH:

I just checked, since you clearly are not thinking hunting, per se. While a bulletproof vest and Kevlar armor will stop a 5.56mm round...

They will NOT stop a Scorpion-tipped crossbow arrow. <-- TINS

Can a compound bow penetrate Kevlar?​

An arrow pushes apart the fibres when it goes through Kevlar where bullets flatten against the fibres. So, yes an arrow can pierce modern day Kevlar.

Will a crossbow penetrate a bulletproof vest?
This could be the ultimate test of a bulletproof vest. These folks have tested one with both a compound bow and a crossbow. … However, the crossbow had quite a bit more penetration. In fact, it could've been potentially fatal.

sauce:

I’m actually thinking about hunting if TSHTF and not making any noise, but there is that also, thanks!

Ford diesel with two twenty gallon tanks here.
40 gallons @ $5.19 = $207.60

BF
my chevy diesel has a single 36gal ...........

my toyota field service truck has 36gal diesel transfer tank....

the horse trailer pulling rig ford 350 duelly ...has 38gal + 100gal aux

dozer carrys 55gal...backhoe carries 40gal.....skid loader 16gal.... #1 tractor 9gal....#2 tractor 15gal......#3 tractor 40gal......#4 tractor 35gal.....

we keep another 500gal in storage...

all diesel...all full...not counting any gas rigs

but we fuel at a farmers coop on account when were close to home so no fuel pump limits but the monthly bill can be eye opening ...and a significant investment

Back
Top Bottom