Random Pictures Thread

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

1667298758981.png
Jeez. What kinda neighborhood has to have every break in stone completely covered in iron bars? A wooden dodgeball court?

View attachment 2043
Jeez. What kinda neighborhood has to have every break in stone completely covered in iron bars? A wooden dodgeball court?
That is in downtown Wroclaw Unca, city square. Protection from the tourists putting their feet in it or who knows what. No offense you don't have a clue. They lick the center cobblestones clean every morning at dawn. Perhaps the cleanest downtown square I have ever seen. But you know those tourists from the West and America, no respect for anything.

There was still trash in there, water bottles and trash, tossed in by the tourists from the west, you know, the Greens and shit. The Poles don't do that to their own city square. It is their pride and joy. Believe it or not, that city is older than you, Unca. Where do you live? I would like to take a look at down town of the nearest city to you. I bet it is spotless and perfect.

Downtown Warsaw as filmed by an American Recon Plane just before the Russians marched in. First destroyed in the fighting during the Warsaw Uprising against the Germans, the Russians waited and watched it happen, then when it was at this stage they came on in, once all the poles were dead.

1667302679948.jpeg

I am embarrassed with my take over of the random thread by my low speed high drag lack of skill photos, like hanging a bazooka joe cartoon next to a Da Vinci painting but I have to post this last one. I cannot resist.
Me, living the Polish Thug Life with my crew.
Methuglifepoland.jpg

That is in downtown Wroclaw Unca, city square. Protection from the tourists putting their feet in it or who knows what. No offense you don't have a clue. They lick the center cobblestones clean every morning at dawn. Perhaps the cleanest downtown square I have ever seen. But you know those tourists from the West and America, no respect for anything.

There was still trash in there, water bottles and trash, tossed in by the tourists from the west, you know, the Greens and shit. The Poles don't do that to their own city square. It is their pride and joy. Believe it or not, that city is older than you, Unca. Where do you live? I would like to take a look at down town of the nearest city to you. I bet it is spotless and perfect.
Somebody wake up on the wrong side of the perogie today?

That's my cue to give my strack salute to the Poles. The POS Brits got literally saved by the Poles in two totally different ways** and then sent the volunteers that fought for them back to Russian Occupied Poland when the war was over.

**It was a Pole that got the Enigma plans to the Brits.
**It was the Poles that made the difference in the Battle of Britain.

And it was the Poles who held Warsaw for ten times the amount of time the SS thought they could: 60 vs 6 days.

That's my cue to give my strack salute to the Poles. The POS Brits got literally saved by the Poles in two totally different ways** and then sent the volunteers that fought for them back to Russian Occupied Poland when the war was over.

**It was a Pole that got the Enigma plans to the Brits.
**It was the Poles that made the difference in the Battle of Britain.

And it was the Poles who held Warsaw for ten times the amount of time the SS thought they could: 60 vs 6 days.
Resilient people

The part that gripes my old sojer guts is based upon the impossible position England was in at that time: Granted, they had a signed, sealed, and sworn-to mutual pact with Poland to come to their military aid...

But the reality was... they couldn't possibly do so. They were on their back foot, and bloody-nosed. Not per that solemn pact, but factual reality. <-- That forgives the Brits for not sending armies to Poland to fight the Krauts as promised. Just not possible.

That said, when the war ended... the Brits did NOT let the Poles who fought for them stay in England. They essentially sent them to prison. That signal, outrageous, disgusting move gripes the crap out of me.

They used heroic Poles to fight for them, then took a dump on them. Me be very pro-Pole.

Now that the air is clear, I really don't think the prison-level bars on an upstairs window is there to catch trash, and I was honestly wondering at the serious massiveness of a second-story window "screen". Yankee vacationers or no.

1667307264277.png

And the answer just might be yearly parties or sumpin'.

Last edited:
Awright... I don't have a picture, but Eric The Cat triggered a memory with his diggin' inna mud at age 8.

I was camping with my Daddy 'way up in Maine somewhere in the woods near Moosehead Lake. We had a '36 Buick, a horse blanket, and a Sterno stove. OOP... 'Nother memory... I'd better hurry!

Anyway, during the night, I was laying there sleeping under the horse blanket... and got very wide awake when something crawled over my legs. It was heavy. Being at that age where you more or less accept anything, I did not mention it until morning. Never found out what it was.

The other memory: That morning, I watched Daddy chop a hole in the ice in our water bucket to wash his face... I realize now in my in later years, I musta been a tough little kid -- sleeping happily on the ground in freezing weather, wondering about what climbed over me while watching my even tougher Daddy wash up.

The part that gripes my old sojer guts is based upon the impossible position England was in at that time: Granted, they had a signed, sealed, and sworn-to mutual pact with Poland to come to their military aid...

But the reality was... they couldn't possibly do so. They were on their back foot, and bloody-nosed. Not per that solemn pact, but factual reality. <-- That forgives the Brits for not sending armies to Poland to fight the Krauts as promised. Just not possible.

That said, when the war ended... the Brits did NOT let the Poles who fought for them stay in England. They essentially sent them to prison. That signal, outrageous, disgusting move gripes the crap out of me.

They used heroic Poles to fight for them, then took a dump on them. Me be very pro-Pole.

Now that the air is clear, I really don't think the prison-level bars on an upstairs window is there to catch trash, and I was honestly wondering at the serious massiveness of a second-story window "screen". Yankee vacationers or no.

View attachment 2049

For catchin' cannonballs

View attachment 2049

I'm sorry unca, I thought you were meaning the grate over the catchbasin for the fountain. Yes, there are that type thing downtown not so much elsewhere, (Window iron) sometimes in the big apartment buildings they will have them on the ground floor but I am no expert.

Miscommunication on my part. Please accept my humble apology. I thought you were saying they are dirty people, my fault.

Growing up being called a DP (Displaced Person) or a dumb Polack must be in the back of my brain, it got triggered. Sorry again.

Let the first sumbitch who never stepped in it come forward. (bows, tips hat while backing up)

No problem, brother.

I'm sorry unca, I thought you were meaning the grate over the catchbasin for the fountain. Yes, there are that type thing downtown not so much elsewhere, (Window iron) sometimes in the big apartment buildings they will have them on the ground floor but I am no expert.

Miscommunication on my part. Please accept my humble apology. I thought you were saying they are dirty people, my fault.

Growing up being called a DP (Displaced Person) or a dumb Polack must be in the back of my brain, it got triggered. Sorry again.
No worries mate, maybe next time you can just say you blame it on your cow brain.

Screenshot_20221101-164228.png

Unca, you know I have nothing but respect for you.
Hey we're family now. This is where we can be ourselves without worry of (the other) loonies. Our mini online community is truly something special...

& I, for one, give thanks and praises to God for Al Gore inventing internet forums! internet02.gif

Well I must admit I do have a little problem with that angry cow, oh, I mean mad cow thingee.

moooooo00000!

the weird thing is we never had those in chicago, that was my first time seeing them, we brought those back on the plane. Do you guys do the very thin wafer holy wafer? It has like Jesus and Mary etc pressed into the wafer, it is blessed, and at midnight on New Years each member of the family breaks a piece off, feeds it to another member and gives a booshe (sp) until everyone has shared. That is my wife's tradition but I never heard of it before in chicago. I love the ceremony and the MIL always sends us some and we always do it. I guess the regional thing makes a big diff. You from PA right?
Yup, I'm originally from PA. My immediate neighborhood was strong Polish. The Polish catholic church right across the street from our house held an annual Polish festival. Oh my God, I miss that food.

Yet the remainder of the city was a mixed bag. Local bakeries tried to stay mainstream and fairly generic. But some had much more of a leaning towards Pennsylvania Dutch.

I never heard of the wafer tradition.

If we're talking about the same thing, and I think we are, those cookies are called Kolacky. And they're usually just a square piece of dough "wrapped" around a filling, typically fruit filling, although I've had them filled with a nut "puree" for lack of better word.

There's just something about those lambs that are familiar to me but I can't place it.

Haven't heard from my brothers yet. Maybe one of them will clue me in

Just snapped this somewhere in East Bumphuck Oklahoma

View attachment 2068
Why was I in East Bumphuck Oklahoma you ask? 'cause I saw this trailer for $600 on a craigslist deal. I jumped all over it. Planned to do a little work and flip it but I just may end up using it. BTW Ttazz, forgot to tell you the guy said he had hauled 29 sq of shingles on it. That's almost 7000# by my calculations. Said it was sketchy. Don't think he was lyin'.

Screenshot_20221101-152658.png

Last edited:
Yup, I'm originally from PA. My immediate neighborhood was strong Polish. The Polish catholic church right across the street from our house held an annual Polish festival. Oh my God, I miss that food.

Yet the remainder of the city was a mixed bag. Local bakeries tried to stay mainstream and fairly generic. But some had much more of a leaning towards Pennsylvania Dutch.

I never heard of the wafer tradition.

If we're talking about the same thing, and I think we are, those cookies are called Kolacky. And they're usually just a square piece of dough "wrapped" around a filling, typically fruit filling, although I've had them filled with a nut "puree" for lack of better word.

There's just something about those lambs that are familiar to me but I can't place it.

Haven't heard from my brothers yet. Maybe one of them will clue me in
Yep, fruit filling but I have seen some that have other things but I never ate them.
Usually they shake powered sugar on them.
In Texas near Fort Hood they had them on the sign at food joints not sure of the spelling but as soon as I saw my son I said why didn't you tell me they had those down here? He laughed and told me it is something from the Czechs and is like a sausage roll which is not the same thing.

Carbonosay? Long sausage like a slim jim but longer, a bit thicker, and can stink up your car so bad after hauling them from Chicago to Kentucky you have to get a power sprayer to get rid of the smell. My wife loves them. I am sure my spelling is bad, I don't speak or read Polish. My dad spoke Polish and my older sister did too because they forced her to go to Polish Cultural Classes and wear the traditional clothes. By the time I was born I guess my parents were worn out and didn't even pretend to try.

Why was I in East Bumphuck Oklahoma you ask? 'cause I saw this trailer for $600 on a craigslist deal. I jumped all over it. Planned to do a little work and flip it but I just may end up using it. BTW Ttazz, forgot to tell you the guy said he had hauled 29 sq of shingles on it. That's almost 7000# by my calculations. Said it was sketchy. Don't think he was lyin'.

View attachment 2087
actually pretty amazing........i dont think i have ever heard of a light weight ...deck over....full width....24' trailer.....low boy....with rails .....probably one of those Okie trailers LOL....while you have it hooked up just drag it on up to springfield and i will dig out a couple of ducats for you and meet you with a notary LOL

actually pretty amazing........i dont think i have ever heard of a light weight ...deck over....full width....24' trailer.....low boy....with rails .....probably one of those Okie trailers LOL....while you have it hooked up just drag it on up to springfield and i will dig out a couple of ducats for you and meet you with a notary LOL
Huh, I coulda' sworn you said that you and the ducats were driving down here to hook it up.

Yeah man a lot of them okies just shoot straight from the hip. They know they're bound to hit something.

Staring at this for a full minute, in a dimly lit room, I was convinced for more than a few seconds this was a spider feasting on something. Then in my mind I figured out what I really thought it was but still didn't fully trust just picking it up without double checking first....which I did.

Screenshot_20221103-160806.png

It used to be a jewish deli. I went there with my father in the early 1970s. It's a Cuban restaurant now with cafeteria style huge servings. Next time I am there I will stop for lunch and take pics.

The camel is most likely a leftover from the founding of Opa-locka by Glen Curtiss in the 1920s.

On a completely different subject.
Was it ever determined exactly what this is?

Seems like that story faded away fast and I don't recall ever hearing the explanation for this.

1667670516131.png

Back
Top Bottom