The day's price movements

Joe King

Big Eyed Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
I think the Fed holds out on the pivot longer than most folk think.
They have to. If they allow the markets to correctly predict a pivot, it will cause what they are trying to do, to fail.

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
... Swiss Bank UBS ...

The bank's precious metals expert Joni Teves, released her 2023 gold price outlook, saying that she sees the precious metal pushing to $1,900 an ounce by the end of next year.
The biggest factor Teves said she sees driving gold prices up by double digits next year is a shift in U.S. monetary policy.

Not only does UBS expect the Fed to end its aggressive tightening cycle in 2023, but it is looking for the central bank to cut rates by 175 basis points by the end of the year.

Similar to Goldman's 4th scenario (see here), but they have 100% expectation for recession.

pmbug

Your Host
Administrator
Reaction score
FWIW:
A potential peak in the U.S. dollar because of shifting interest rate expectations is creating broad-based positive sentiment for gold in the marketplace, according to the latest Kitco News Weekly Gold Survey.
This week, a total of 19 market professionals took part in Kitco News' Wall Street survey. Twelve analysts, or 63%, said they were bullish on gold next week. Two analysts, or 11%, said they were bearish. Five analysts, or 26%, said they were neutral on the precious metal.

On the retail side, 905 respondents took part in online polls. A total of 588 voters, or 65%, called for gold to rise. Another 199, or 22%, predicted gold would fall, while the remaining 118 voters, or 13%, called for a sideways market.
Main Street is not only significantly bullish on gold, with sentiment at its highest level since June, but interest in the precious metal appears to be rising, as participation in this week's survey rose to its highest level since late September.

So when the Fed keeps the gas on (doesn't pivot like market expects), there will be headwinds.

Goldbrix

Big Eyed Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
FWIW:

So when the Fed keeps the gas on (doesn't pivot like market expects), there will be headwinds.
IMO, Best keep any eye on silver spot price especially now. On Nov. 3,2022 Silver spot was $19.47. The next day the price jumped over $1.00usd to $20.87 T.oz and has not looked back at $19.00 since.
Stayed about level for three days then popped up to $21.37 on Nov. 8th.
Dropped 32 cents on the 9th and popped UP again on the 10th at $21.64 and within pennies since.
The Monkeys Lost Their Hammer, but when they strike it is only pennies of reaction. Closed for the weekend at $21.72.
" The Bull Claims a Wall of Worry" ( stock market saying).
More people waking up to their "fiat crisis" and most people can afford silver more so than gold.
DYODD
YMMV
Best of Luck

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Benefactor
Reaction score
I know I was asleep at the wheel and wasn't paying attention, but plat it appears is up pretty good. Last I looked I swear it was like sub $700 or so.
Looking at these charts they don't match my memories. The sub $700 spike was around May 2 years ago.

Did CERN do this? I know I am crazzzzzzyyyyy but I'm not stupid.

1668283228835.png
1668283378622.png

ManMooDella Effect?

moooo

Goldbrix

Big Eyed Bug
GIM2 Refugee
Reaction score
Ag in the Pre-Market was was down 7 cents. Now it's UP $21.99, may bust $22.00 before EOD.

Top Bottom