The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Getting near very long term support. Chart looks like hot garbage and I understand there is problems with management. I dunno. Gonna buy a little here can't resist. Some are looking at the mid 3's to get in.

F98NYjUW0AAWB8w.jpg

One time darling. Silver Standard. Good report I think but got blasted. Worth a look.

big (16).gif

Lancers, you're a riddle wrapped up in an enigma aren't ya?
Avoided the massacre but worth a look at these prices. But yeah. ;) Blood in the streets now or has the patient bled out?

Avoided the massacre but worth a look at these prices. But yeah. ;) Blood in the streets now or has the patient bled out?
I have so changed my outlook that I can only buy things that are moving higher.

Gold prices are back above $2,000, seeing new momentum as the U.S. labor market cooled last month, with the economy creating fewer jobs than expected.

U.S. nonfarm payrolls rose by 150,000 last month, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The monthly figure was below the market consensus estimates of 178,000.

At the same time, report also noted that the U.S. unemployment rate ticked higher rising to 3.9% in October. Economists were expecting to see an unchanged reading at 3.8%.

Bad economic news = Fed won't raise rates = markets happy

Hedgeye says NFP revised down 9 straight months. End Wokeness says July wasn't revised down. At least one of them is wrong?

Confidence has TANKED while Government LIES! Dealer Sees Surge in Gold and Silver Buying​

14m

SILVER ALERT! Jeff Christian Admits - Nobody is Willing to Short COMEX Gold & Silver!! (Bix Weir)​

Once again Jeff Christian of CPM Group was trotted out by the Silver/Gold Riggers to Explain Away the lackluster price movement and once again Christian PROVED SILVER GOLD & MARKET RIGGING IS ALIVE AND WELL!! This time it was even more obvious when started talking about the latest Commercial Gold Short he said... "They went short 50,000 gold contacts because their clients, the investors, went long 50,000 gold contracts!"

WOW!! Talk about admitting the exact same market manipulation proven by Ted Butler over the past 40 years! What kind of COMEX market maker would intentionally short against their own customers long purchases? Unless of course...THERE IS NOBODY ELSE THAT WOULD TAKE THE SHORT POSITION AT THAT PRICE! And there we have it - There is NOBODY LEFT that is willing to short gold or silver at these low prices so instead of the price rising to clear the trades the Commercials are shorting against their own customers investments! Case Closed!

20m

Last edited:
... strategist Mike Wilson of Morgan Stanley ...

“We think last week’s rally in stocks was mainly a function of the fall in back-end Treasury yields,” says Wilson. And that drop, he said, was driven more by lower-than-expected coupon issuance and weaker economic data than anything Jerome Powell said. ...
In all, Wilson says the rally should “fizzle out over the next week or two” as it becomes clear the growth picture doesn’t support either Fed cuts or a significant acceleration in earnings per share growth.

well that was the most short-lived gold miners pop I've seen. Going to open with a huge gap down. If we don't rally from this level, we can probably throw in the towel here.

Gold and silver prices are solidly lower in early U.S. trading Tuesday, following some weaker-than-expected economic data out of China that has cast a pall over much of the raw commodity sector today. ...
The latest economic data out of the world’s second-largest economy saw China’s October exports fall 6.4%, year-on-year, which was lower than expected. China’s imports rose a less-than-expected 3.0%, year-on-year. China is a massive consumer of raw commodities and when its economy is listing it dampens bullish enthusiasm across the raw commodity market spectrum—on weakening demand concerns.

Most everyone except a few left here have already thrown in the towel. Along with the rest of the laundry basket some shoes and heck a hair dryer or two.

GDX looks like an inverse H&S playing out very slowly. I'd get concerned below $28 and really $27.50

well that was the most short-lived gold miners pop I've seen. Going to open with a huge gap down. If we don't rally from this level, we can probably throw in the towel here.
The spring is coiled
the beach ball is about to be freed from underwater
rockets are ready to fly to the moon...

and i'm so sick of this crap I could puke

Brady of Sprott posted that the banks got heavily short Gold near 2K. Not surprised by that he is looking for a decent move down then the load up longs moment. Silver support around $22. I would say to watch the early October lows in the miners as a drop dead stop on a close. FWIW Gary Savage has called ten of the last none of the bubble phases in Gold.

Erik Hadik still looking for a late December low in Gold.

Daily triple bottom in Hecla 3.95ish. Lows 3.40 and high 3.50's. We see.

Back
Top Bottom