The Lunatic Fringe - Market and Trade Chat

Welcome to the Precious Metals Bug Forums

Welcome to the PMBug forums - a watering hole for folks interested in gold, silver, precious metals, sound money, investing, market and economic news, central bank monetary policies, politics and more. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Why not register an account and join the discussions? When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no Google ads, market data/charts, access to trade/barter with the community and much more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Silver busting a move while miners hold back. Strange. usually a bad omen, signalling a reversal coming. However, with the Fed meeting on Wednesday, I wonder if people are just being hesitant to buy before the Fed?
I was seeing the same thing and commenting with someone privately about it. Strange action to be sure. On a day when Silver really moving higher no less. I was thinking about buying puts here to protect capital. Dont have to sell all the stocks, just buy some puts to offset any downturn. Dump it when the market turns back up.

Silver busting a move while miners hold back. Strange. usually a bad omen, signalling a reversal coming. However, with the Fed meeting on Wednesday, I wonder if people are just being hesitant to buy before the Fed?
The question is how long can the price of silver be managed/supressed? I think the fundamentals out there seem pretty bullish. I think the next two weeks should give us an idea as to whether we are ready to shake off 2022's lethargy or we are just getting ready to rinse and repeat into 2023.

Looks like the Dollar is trying to hammer in a bottom. Should be interesting to see how the metals hold up after the next move down. Anyone else just sick and tired of the way things in general are going? You got a I don't know what to call him/her in the nuke department get caught stealing twice in a week an yet nothing happens. We live in a total fookin clown world now.

Looks like the Dollar is trying to hammer in a bottom. Should be interesting to see how the metals hold up after the next move down. Anyone else just sick and tired of the way things in general are going? You got a I don't know what to call him/her in the nuke department get caught stealing twice in a week an yet nothing happens. We live in a total fookin clown world now.
yeh, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more...

...only it seems like even if you don't take it, you are still going to get it. There is a sense of disenfranchisement.

maybe the lyrics should be changed from 'helpless, helpless, helpless...' to 'hopeless, hopeless, hopeless...'

Dollar down this morning and the metals are still getting whacked. Fook me...

Yep, algo's controlling the price today to keep a lid on it into the FED and CPI data. The control system is collapsing though so good, I need to get more money moved out of banks and into this area.

1670860211376.png

People aren't going to do shit because most are dependent on the system. Enjoy your scraps. . .lol

Those that may not be dependent are still buying into the game. So they are guilty too...RIP

It's been a mixed bag in Weekend Trend Trader system lately. But here's one that is working out. VVNT (Vivent Smart Home) is up 61% since purchased. Currently up on news it is being acquired.

[This is the first of these that have happened while I was holding. At this point the price will probably not move around a lot for a while as everyone knows the purchase price. So the question is, how do I get my sell signal due to hitting my trailing stop loss signals? I have no idea.]

[Actually I never buy stock signals that occurred because an acquisition was announced, because the price just sits there as the legal stuff happens. That is the one fundamental that I take into account when making a purchase.]
At today's open I did override my system and sell VVNT. As you can see on this daily chart, with the acquisition price known, the stock price just cleaves to 11.90 making it essentially dead money for the duration.

[It is very rare that I override my system. This case seems quite justified.]
VVNT_2022-12-12_15-00-05.png

This isn't understood by most bitcoiners... think about it.
If you got in say, 5 years ago and got out say, when it was $50K... yeah... pay your taxes and call it good.

Then go buy real assets.

It looks to me as if we'll never see $50K/coin again because they (market manipulators) got a handle on it and control it like SLV GLD.

FTX was actually money laundering according to most and yet we get this...
For as long as I've been paying attention, it seems US regulators have had a hard on for Binance. Whether the attention is legitimate or political I don't know, but they have definitely had the eye of Sauron on their backs for a long time.

Gold and silver prices are sharply higher in early U.S. trading Tuesday, following a slightly tamer-than-expected U.S. inflation report. Gold surged to a four-month high and silver to a seven-month high right after the report’s release. February gold was last up $29.50 at $1,821.30 and March silver was up $0.627 at $24.03.

The just-released U.S. consumer price index report for November showed a rise of 0.1% from October and was up 7.1%, year-on-year. CPI was expected to come in up 0.3% from October and up 7.3%, year-on-year. The slightly cooler-than-expected inflation data was enough to rally the stock and financial markets, and the metals, while tanking the U.S. dollar index. The CPI report lands in the camp of the U.S. monetary policy doves, who want to see the Federal Reserve back off the accelerator on its aggressive monetary policy tightening path.

They Fed isn't going to back off because of just one or two data points. They seek total capitulation.

For as long as I've been paying attention, it seems US regulators have had a hard on for Binance. Whether the attention is legitimate or political I don't know, but they have definitely had the eye of Sauron on their backs for a long time.

Outside of their control and KYC laws would be my guess. Look at the very important Crypto6 trial happening right now and not a peep from anyone.

I don’t know, but one could hypothesize that TPTB are interested in showing the public how unsafe the crypto space is and, to help rescue us all, will be happy to provide a ‘safer’ central digital currency with which to replace it…2c

CBDC may be an alternative but I don't see it taking over. Lots of people without phone, internet and banking. Like 25% of the population is unbanked including myself. Going to be very difficult to force someone to open a bank account.

CBDC may be an alternative but I don't see it taking over. Lots of people without phone, internet and banking. Like 25% of the population is unbanked including myself.

Couldn't agree more. Especially for the reasons you stated.

Going to be very difficult to force someone to open a bank account.

They're gonna try, big campaigns, just like with the scamdemic, with all sorts of both threats, endorsements and merchandize come ons...

Spy was up 3% in pre market. Went red and closed up .72%, kind of an ugly candle. Possible head and shoulders on the monthly chart. All depends on the phony fed speak tomorrow.

CBDC may be an alternative but I don't see it taking over. Lots of people without phone, internet and banking. Like 25% of the population is unbanked including myself. Going to be very difficult to force someone to open a bank account.

A CBDC doesn't need a bank so unbanked isn't an issue. For the most part a decent crypto replaces most of what a banks does save for the lending function and there is nothing to stop them lending direct. In theory they could link it to a card, you'd have to be no more tech savvy than have the ability to swipe a card to read a balance or pay for something.

The biggest hurdle will be attitudes...

I dunno that they will go the full 9 yards to start with due to public attitudes but they can make the tech very approachable.

2c FWIW.

Gold Daily - Weak breakout? Need follow through. If so the next stop is the 1870's...

GC1!_2022-12-14_13-16-10.png

Back
Top Bottom